Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SG89

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by SG89 »

farnorthdan wrote:Your on a roll Spydergirl, I like what you've been picking up lately, also saw RS's Urban and thought about it but already decided to grab an EdgeMatters forum Pingo last week.
Pics of the new Pingo?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Your on a roll Spydergirl, I like what you've been picking up lately, also saw RS's Urban and thought about it but already decided to grab an EdgeMatters forum Pingo last week.
Pics of the new Pingo?
It hasn't shipped yet, its blue and a mystery steel, that's all I know about it...lol, but I'm excited for its arrival, I've wanted a pingo for a while now just never got around to picking one up so I figured it was about time and why not something unusual. :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

farnorthdan wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Pics of the new Pingo?
It hasn't shipped yet, its blue and a mystery steel, that's all I know about it...lol, but I'm excited for its arrival, I've wanted a pingo for a while now just never got around to picking one up so I figured it was about time and why not something unusual. :)
Hey Dan, that sounds like a subtle bombshell! :) Congrats on the new Pingo. Do you happen to have a link for this by chance?
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

SpyderNut wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Pics of the new Pingo?
Hey Dan, that sounds like a subtle bombshell! :) Congrats on the new Pingo. Do you happen to have a link for this by chance?
Someone else posted a link around here but I cant remember the thread, googlefoo should get you to their web site then do a search for forum knife, thats how I found the thread, Sal is a member there too.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

farnorthdan wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Pics of the new Pingo?
Someone else posted a link around here but I cant remember the thread, googlefoo should get you to their web site then do a search for forum knife, thats how I found the thread, Sal is a member there too.
Thanks man. I think I may have found it (or at least a picture of it): http://edgemattersuk.tumblr.com/search/spyderco+pingo

I wonder how one goes about placing an order for one of these?

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

SpyderNut wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Pics of the new Pingo?
Thanks man. I think I may have found it (or at least a picture of it): http://edgemattersuk.tumblr.com/search/spyderco+pingo

In the thread you vote for how many you want, up to 3 I believe, then post you want one. There is a link to their paypal, sent funds and your on the list.

SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

farnorthdan wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Pics of the new Pingo?

In the thread you vote for how many you want, up to 3 I believe, then post you want one. There is a link to their paypal, sent funds and your on the list.
Very good, sir. I appreciate the quick info! I will definitely check this out. :)

murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I really dislike this thread at the moment because I can't buy anymore spydies until after my wedding in September..the fiance has put me on a "spending freeze" :D But I enjoy seeing all of you getting some great new knifes! I can't wait till after my wedding! I'm probably going to go off the deep end!
Josh
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Stretch on the way!!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Battlestation.....Hemmed and hawed for too long.
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
PWork

Post by PWork »

I have a pair of avian cousins that should arrive tomorrow...Robin 2 in FRN and G-10. I need to see how the Robin stacks up against the Dragonfly, and hopefully decide if I want to spring for a G-10 D-Fly.
Paul
Miss Dragonfly

Post by Miss Dragonfly »

PWork wrote:I have a pair of avian cousins that should arrive tomorrow...Robin 2 in FRN and G-10. I need to see how the Robin stacks up against the Dragonfly, and hopefully decide if I want to spring for a G-10 D-Fly.
You do, most definitely. :D
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
Marilyn Monroe
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

Chaparral carbon fiber.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

dreadpirate wrote:Chaparral carbon fiber.
Good choice :spyder:
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
PWork

Post by PWork »

Miss Dragonfly wrote:You do, most definitely. :D

I suspect you may be right...
Paul
Malfeasant

Post by Malfeasant »

Gayle Bradley folder! Still haven't decided if I'm going to carry it or just fondle it.. "my precious" kinda feel like a knife built like this should be put to work though.
Always been obsessed with knives... Is that some type of disease?
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Volpe....New in box! :)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Persian, NIB

Holland

Post by Holland »

farnorthdan wrote:Persian, NIB
Ebay? I saw one go for a very tempting price
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Holland wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Persian, NIB
Ebay? I saw one go for a very tempting price
Nope, this one pop up on the exchange last night, really been wanting one for a while now, was holding out for the red sprint but they are getting crazy expensive.