My very own knife company

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

Re: My suggestions on a new knife

Post by sal »

I have Swedish friends that are exceptional.

sal
Mikael Andersson

Post by Mikael Andersson »

Sal you have to take better care of your customers even after the sale.

''I wouldn't have brought up my own experience if I hadn't seen this thread. I too thought that I must be the only one. I had a bad experience with them in 2012 and it's really soured me to the company and I haven't bought a knife from them since. Long story short, I sent back a Centofante 3 with several significant problems. They never contacted me about it, just sent back a "new" one with one of the issues semi-fixed, while still having all of the other issue. No note included, no follow up, no "sorry about that", nothing.''

''I concluded several things: they didn't really care about sending me a subpar product the first time; didn't really care to address the subpar product that I shipped back to them at my own expense; didn't really care about our customer/company relationship; and didn't really care if they ever heard from me again. It felt like they did the absolute, bare minimum necessary, just barely enough to make it too much of a hassle for me to pursue it further. And it worked.''

''The sad part is that I freaking love that knife: gorgeous aesthetics and cuts like a lightsaber. If they'd just treated me like a person rather than an annoyance, I'd likely have several more of their knives. I'm very turned off by the whole thing.''

''So no, you're not the only one.''
Phlebas, Jan 6, 2013 #16
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Wrong thread?

Returning to the original topic ....

The OP might find the posts submitted here by the designers of the Spits and Ourobouros of real interest, as they show a glimpse of the amount of detailed thought and consideration needed for a successful - and unique- knife design.

They certainly curtailed any idle fantasy that I may of harboured about me being capable of it! It puts me in mind of that classic Simpsons episode (and I paraphrase) "Look Homer, their robot has wires and things inside. Maybe that's why your's didn't work". No doubt, any design of mine would have to be called the Spyderco Homer.

Or worse.
Studey

Post by Studey »

Mikael, this forum isn't just an avenue to take up your personal beef with Spyderco and demand that the head of the company listen. There is no one in the knife business who does a better job of listening to his customers than Sal. You had issues with Spyderco before you were banned on BF and now you're bringing them here. It's incredibly rude for you to demand Sal answer you, even though he has.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Ah, there we go... It will all be over soon... :(
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Mikael Andersson wrote:Sal you have to take better care of your customers even after the sale.
Hi Mikael, I think that most here have been both welcoming and accommodating, despite the fact that you came in here with a poor attitude. This is a very nice forum and folks here tend to be nice to each other and give the benefit of the doubt when there is miscommunication or a difference of opinions. There is a limit though. I suggest you have an abrupt shift in your demeanor or go away. Believe it or not, if you can pull that miracle off then people will get over your crappy start and still welcome you here. Unfortunately I have a feeling that is not your goal. Your call.
Mikael Andersson

Surfingringo wrote:
Mikael Andersson wrote:Sal you have to take better care of your customers even after the sale.
Hi Mikael, I think that most here have been both welcoming and accommodating, despite the fact that you came in here with a poor attitude. This is a very nice forum and folks here tend to be nice to each other and give the benefit of the doubt when there is miscommunication or a difference of opinions. There is a limit though. I suggest you have an abrupt shift in your demeanor or go away. Believe it or not, if you can pull that miracle off then people will get over your crappy start and still welcome you here. Unfortunately I have a feeling that is not your goal. Your call.
Sweeping things under the rug doesn't make them disappear.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Don't waste your time on this folks... You've been generous and welcoming enough already.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Sarge930

Post by Sarge930 »

Mikael Andersson wrote:
sal wrote:
Mikael Andersson wrote:I will start my own knife company named American Eagle and the very first knife will be a 4.75'' fixed blade named Freedom and then one pocket folder named Phoenix.
Hi Mikael,

The name, "American Eagle" has been used for many years. I've not investigated, but I believe the name, "Freedom" has been used, and the name, Phoenix" was used by Spyderco on a design.

I seem to remember that you are in Europe, Swiss or Swede comes to mind?

sal
Many Swedes throughout history have become very successful inventors and/or business owners in America.
Many Swedes throughout history have become very successful inventors and/or business owners in America, and I guarantee that part of why they were so successful is that they did not lack the proper social communication skills and did not have the demanding/tactless attitude that you have shown. There is a reason you were banned from other forum and I would recommend that you actually listen to what people here are saying and try and learn instead of coming in and demanding answers with a completely bad attitude full of misinformed facts all based on completely ignorant pretenses. Good luck with your startup company, I wish you well in your endeavors and I am sure you will be very successful one day.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Mikael,

It's probably just me, but I am confused as to what you are trying to say. :confused:

sal
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

Mikael Andersson wrote:
Surfingringo wrote:
Sweeping things under the rug doesn't make them disappear.
It's a good thing one anecdotal experience is totally evidence for all occasions, right? /s

Your attitude is bad. Your behavior is bad. Good luck in life.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
Mikael Andersson

sal wrote:Hi Mikael,

It's probably just me, but I am confused as to what you are trying to say. :confused:

sal
I guess that I'm trying to say that nowhere on the internet should anyone have anything bad to say about the Spyderco customer service.

At least that is something to strive for.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”

― John Lydgate
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Mikael Andersson

White Wolf Knife Company
Fixed Blades: Freedom 4'', Freedom II 4.75'', Freedom III 5.5'', Freedom IV 6.25''
Pocket Folders: Phoenix 3.25'', Phoenix XS 2.4'', Phoenix XL 3.9''
Liquid Cobra

Re: My very own knife company

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Mikael Andersson

Liquid Cobra are you your own man?

Maybe you can make a living posting memes on the internet? :rolleyes:
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I am confused... :confused:
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

with popcorn and a beer this is almost enjoyable.. at least it does keep surprising me!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Spyderco's reputation has far more praise than criticism on the internet...In fact, most people own MULTIPLES of a tool that will last nearly a lifetime of normal use. That alone says enough considering the difficult to please knife community.

I'm sure there would be a few negative Amazon reviews if they sold breathable air...
"Sure it's life sustaining...but expensive and not very tasty."

Let Sal and Mike hash it out. Not like it's going to effect our shopping tendencies. :)
JT

Post by JT »

SpyderNut wrote:I am confused... :confused:
This just shows how courteous the admin, moderators and forum members are here. Imho, way too courteous.
Someone should flag the banana-boat in to the harbour... (bad translation from my language, meaning bring in the ban allready) A troll is a troll. Just my opinion.
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.