Question for Sal and Spyderco .

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Surfingringo

Re: Question for Sal and Spyderco .

Post by Surfingringo »

Bloke wrote:
Surfingringo wrote:Hey Bloke, random question...do you surf? :)
Surfingringo,

Not now my friend. I've been a water baby all my life but developed a phobia of sharks. I live under a mile from the ocean and try to swim about 1 km most fine days till the water temperature drops. I swim and snorkel in a bay that has a reef at its narrow entrance as a natural barrier to sharks.
Right on man. I was just curious as I rarely hear the word "kook" used outside of the surf culture. :cool:
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

harronek wrote:I live in Australia .
I recently purchased a Delica from an online knife seller from the USA , it was delivered to my door for a total of $87.00 Australian dollars .
I was in my local shop the other day , the same knife was $138.50 .
I really like supporting local businesses , but if I happily accepted that price difference all I'd be doing is robbing myself to feed rouges .

Ken
G'day Ken,

As you know it's across the board in our Country.

Gun cleaning products are worse!
A mate and I do a big shop for gun cleaning and maintenance products from Brownell's USA about once a year and only buy cases, projectiles, powder and primers from our local thieves!

Mate, I'm a patriot! I have a national security clearance to Secret! I love my country with all my heart and soul! I just don't like people taking money out of my pocket when I'm not looking and particularly taking money from me without good reason!
I've got enough to get by and I'll often slip someone sleeping on the street $10-$20. I won't however contribute to a thief's empire and empower him to steal even more! I'd sooner go without!

Alex
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Sincere apologises to all! I've blown in here like a bull at a gate and bitched like a school boy! I do apologise!

It's obvious that Sal and Spyderco do what they can and early in the piece Sal did say he doesn't have a fix! It was naive of me to think he did!

On a lighter note I just ordered:

Sharpmaker, Model 204MF.
$US62.97

Para-Military 2. C81GPDBL2, S110V, Dark Blue G-10 Handle. (Pre Order)
$US149.79

USPS First Class Mail International.
$US21.95.

From KnifeWorks and couldn't be happier!

Is there anything better than new knifes made with new steels hurtling towards your letter box?
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Bloke wrote:Sincere apologises to all! I've blown in here like a bull at a gate and bitched like a school boy! I do apologise!

It's obvious that Sal and Spyderco do what they can and early in the piece Sal did say he doesn't have a fix! It was naive of me to think he did!

On a lighter note I just ordered:

Sharpmaker, Model 204MF.
$US62.97

Para-Military 2. C81GPDBL2, S110V, Dark Blue G-10 Handle. (Pre Order)
$US149.79

USPS First Class Mail International.
$US21.95.

From KnifeWorks and couldn't be happier!

Is there anything better than new knifes made with new steels hurtling towards your letter box?

Welcome aboard, Bloke. :)

Nice to have you here. It sounds like you are off to a fantastic start on your Spyderco addiction (especially with your new gear and knife en route). ;) FWIW, no apologies are necessary, my friend. It is always good to see a new person who shares our love of Spyderco and its products.

Hope to see you around,

Michael
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Bloke wrote:
No, no there's not :)
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Bloke wrote:
No, no there's not :)
Spydergirl88,

I'm loving it!!!
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

SpyderNut, Many Thanks!

I'm intrigued by the simple elegance of these knives! I've had an interest in knives for as long as I can remember. As a child I was transfixed by the knives and guns in the big gun shops in Sydney. I've grown up now and probably own more knives than in the windows of those long gone shops.

I think the Spyderco's will retire several fixed blades I use regularly. I can't understand why I didn't take an interest in the fugly Spyderco's earlier.

I'm a mad fox caller to you in the US, in Oz I'm a mad fox whistler! I travel extremely light with all my gear in a little American buffalo leather possibles bag, half full! (yes, made in and bought from the Leather Man in the US) I'm getting lazier as I get older. I have no use for fox pelts, but I do take the occasional tail and rabbit. I recently bought a SuperBlue ManBug, my very first Spyderco and reckon it will be my new fox whistling companion. My beloved Pixie relieved of such duties. I hope to get out for a whistle over the weekend and can't help but think this little scalpel will shine!