Your favorite spyderco that you believe is perfect

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JasonC6612

Your favorite spyderco that you believe is perfect

Post by JasonC6612 »

Which Spyderco do you find "perfect" for your edc needs and why
ヽ(•‿•)ノ
Evil D

Re: Your favorite spyderco that you believe is perfect

Post by Evil D »

Unfortunately I have yet to find one that was truly perfect and could not be tweaked for my uses. Every knife I own is very close or at least excels at something I use a knife for.

But, there are ones I can live with. That's a long list. I could probably live the rest of my life with a Military if it weren't for non knife people freaking out over the size.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I have several Spyderco knives of various shapes and sizes and, quite honestly, I think they're all great. I guess if I had to pick a model to be my "perfect" EDC knife it would be the Native 5. It fits me well without being either too big or too small and the blade length is right on the money for things I typically use a pocket knife for. Now I guess I have to determine which version is more perfect for me, G10 or FRN. Problem is I like em both.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
harronek

Post by harronek »

I came to a realisation awhile ago that the Delica ticks all of my boxes .
I still own a few flasher and more expensive Spyderco's that I won't be getting rid of , but they seldom get honestly used or carried ( fondled and admired yes , used no )
It's not because they are safe queens , far from it they all have been used and show the scars to prove it . The reason is the size , shape , design , materials I realise now do not fit my requirements . Im glad I bought and tried them so I don't lay awake at night wondering what I'm missing out on though .
I still have the steel disease that I share with many here , that deep down itch for new knives .
So I decided to increase the number of Delicas that I own .
I already own three and have another couple coming in the mail .
When I feel like carrying a different knife now it will be a colour or steel change that day , but the core knife will be the same tried and tested DELICA that does everything I need .

Ken
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

PM2.
I have a lot more of the Manix 2 models but for EDC I like the PM2 better. I also have a couple of knife models from other brands because I like those specific models, but overall the PM2 is my best for EDC.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I'd imagine you'll get a lot of people saying it's the para 2, and you can count me among them.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Miss Dragonfly

Post by Miss Dragonfly »

Easy Peasy! :D

Dragonfly2 Foliage green G-10, of course. Big enough to take on tough cutting jobs. Small enough to carry anywhere. Elegant badassness, I do believe. :cool: And so comfy in the hand it makes even non-knife people become believers. :spyder: :)
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
Marilyn Monroe
Holland

Post by Holland »

I have yet to find a perfect knife.
The mantra without the flipper, or a chaparral that doesn't get gritty would be very close to perfect for me.
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Ryno

Post by Ryno »

SB Delica.

With the caveat that I don't yet own a PM2, so I suppose it could change
Ryan

“Every created being is so constituted as to be capable of vice and virtue. For he can do nothing praiseworthy, if he had not the power of turning either way.” - Justin Martyr
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

It's a tie between the PM2 and Delica for me..both are near perfection.
Josh
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Having handled more than my fair share of Spydies, few models capture more of the spirit of the company in my eyes than the Kopa and the Caly. You can't deny the Kopa's are definitely prettier! :). They are even more amazing to actually use (not like I'd use this one though! ;))

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
shimage

Post by shimage »

The closest to perfect for me is the chaparral 1. Carries well, thin blade stock, I like the scales, ergos are perfect for me, doesn't scare people. About the last point, this and a dragonfly have gotten compliments at a hospital I volunteer at, but for some reason the bradley air freaked people out. I wish the grind were thinner behind the edge ootb, but it's ok. I know some people say it's thin, but my copies are pretty mediocre on that front.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

For me also it would be a Delica. It meets more of my requirements than any other. The Chaparral and the Caly3 are very close behind. I think the reason I prefer the Delica over the Caly3 is the guard on the Delica. Also, I like the blade shape more. Now, if I had a Caly3 with a guard instead of a blade eating choil, I would take that.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

The Techno would be the closest, for me, in terms of I wouldn't change almost anything about it. Is there a perfect Spyderco for me? Not yet. Unfortunately too many of the designs force you to choke up or be behind a large 50/50 choil. Hoping with more compression lock knives coming out, one with the right ergos/steel will wow me. I enjoy many of them for what they are intended for, however, and if I was stuck with only one Spyderco in my collection, I would still be happy no matter which it was.
The Deacon

The Stretch

Post by The Deacon »

My choice would have to be the Stretch, and specifically the FRN VG-10 version. I have a few customized Stretches which I enjoy, and one very special bolstered Stretch that I cherish, but if push came to shove I could be content carrying a black FRN, VG-10, Stretch for the rest of my days. It's the perfect size for my preferred carry method, loose in my back pocket. It has a handle that could not fit my hand any better if it had been molded to it. The Spyderhole is large enough to insure my thumb has a secure grip and perfectly positioned for a smooth opening motion. It has a 50/50 choil to increase grip options. The blade is a decent size and full flat ground without any gimmick grinds, making it both esthetically pleasing and an excellent slicer. VG-10 is a steel that offers what I consider to be an optimal combination of stain resistance, edge holding, and ease of sharpening.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Perfect is quite a strong word.If we talk edc, closest to perfection for me it's between my beloved Hap40 Delica and my Mantra.But my edc dream spydie would be a a non-flipper Mantra with pb washers.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Impossible question, but the Chaparral was the first to mind.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Luckily, none of them are perfect. If there was a perfect one, I would have to stop trying new ones. ;)
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

Haven't found it yet. The closest so far, first being closest

PM2 Elmax
Stretch CE
Native G10
Delica 4
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

For me it is easily the Chaparral in all three of the Titanium models. I like the solid feel of the Titanium scales, the milled designs, the thin blade, the XHP blade steel, and the overall internal design of the knife. For me there is a lot to like in the Chap and it goes with me everywhere, everyday. My Mules are my "work knives" for big jobs, but the Chap is my edc and I find it handles most of all my daily cutting requirements.

The Titanium Chaparral is so close to "perfect" for me that I own several and have disposed of all of my other Spydercos except for my Mules. I have no plans to acquire anything other than new releases of the Chap and a few certain Mules in high carbon tool steels and it will take something very special to replace them. Those two seem to fill my personal requirements "perfectly".