Bradley folder 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Shockwave

Re: Bradley folder 2

Post by Shockwave »

HarleyXJGuy wrote:
Shockwave wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:So is anyone else having problems with a weak detent? I'm sad to say that my Bradley 2 doesn't hold the blade in the closed position very well. It's on par with my Starmate.

Any recommendations on how I can fix it? Take it apart and bend the lock bar? Send it in?
I had the same problem. I'm just such a noob I didn't want to come on here bitchin'. It worried me that it would open in my pocket though. I could shake it a little upside down and it would open. After I put my Sketchen scales on, I tightened the pivot a bit more than how it came. It seemed to really help and it's not a problem anymore.
Did you say Sketchen scales and not post a picture? Must be an issue with my phone because nobody would be so mean.
lol. No I posted pictures a few pages back. I will post some more below. I still haven't gotten good outside pics that really show off the scales. I am very happy with them though. The knife feels so much better in hand with the liners and scales flush.

I was reading the thread about your Military and I think I'm going to do something similar to my GB1. I find myself browsing over his custom scale thread over and over again. Great customer service and very easy to deal with.

African Blackwood
glbpro

Post by glbpro »

This knife really reminds me of my Benchmade 710 - they are very similar in size and also in feel:

The most striking similarity to me is their closed dimensions:

They're both knives that pack a relatively long blade into a relatively short handle and take up much less space in the pocket that other knives with the same blade length. I'm looking forward to carrying mine!
ImageX

Post by ImageX »

Here's my GB2! Any minute now! :)

... and it's beautiful. I love it!

hoimin

Post by hoimin »

I think it resembles a larger 940-1. Similar S-curve spine, butt curve, finger guard, and edge shape.

swigert

Post by swigert »

hoimin wrote:I think it resembles a larger 940-1. Similar S-curve spine, butt curve, finger guard, and edge shape.

But soooooo much better looking!
hoimin

Post by hoimin »

swigert wrote: But soooooo much better looking!
Oh yeah!

The 940-1 has the GB2 beat in weight, pocketability, and length ratios, but when you need a heavier cutter, the GB2's weight and heft is reassuring. The GB2 absolutely crushes the 940-1 in fit/finish and value though (and many other high end knives, I would imagine).
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

I always think of the Griptilian blade when I look at the Bradley 2.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

HarleyXJGuy wrote:I always think of the Griptilian blade when I look at the Bradley 2.
Ha, I've never noticed that. But you're right!
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

ejames13 wrote:
HarleyXJGuy wrote:I always think of the Griptilian blade when I look at the Bradley 2.
Must be new here.

It is generally accepted that I am always right.

ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

HarleyXJGuy wrote:
ejames13 wrote:
Must be new here.

I see. Is that generally accepted by your wife as well?
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

ejames13 wrote:
HarleyXJGuy wrote:
ejames13 wrote:
Must be new here.

I see. Is that generally accepted by your wife as well?
Oh no, somehow she did not get the memo.

hoimin

Post by hoimin »

This isn't me, but I would say a lot of the same things. Slightly different conclusion personally, but a good look at both the PM2 and GB2 if you're on the fence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj_nGv7UTgc
kobold

Post by kobold »

YT link removed. sorry for the alarm
Last edited by kobold on Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

kobold wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:09 am
Spydeco Gayle Bradley 2 - LAST CHANCE!
Hey, kobold:
I just wanted to offer some clarity. I'm not sure what Slicey Dicey means by "But once they're gone... They're GONE!" but the Gayle Bradley 2 is not going anywhere. It's a standard inventory item.

Welcome to our forum!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Nice, but if only we could get an exclusive in Peel Ply G10 or Micarta with a DLC blade (M4, 4V, Cruwear, 3V whatever) and I'd be all over one.

Did the recent batch adjust the "weak detent" that everyone complains about? Hopefully that is improved before we see any cool exclusives.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
kobold

Post by kobold »

TazKristi wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:43 am
kobold wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:09 am
Spydeco Gayle Bradley 2 - LAST CHANCE!

Hey, kobold:
I just wanted to offer some clarity. I'm not sure what Slicey Dicey means by "But once they're gone... They're GONE!" but the Gayle Bradley 2 is not going anywhere. It's a standard inventory item.

Welcome to our forum!

Kristi

Thank you Kristi!

I think it's better if i remove the video link
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

My detent is the standard Taichung detent. Soft. But it doesn't bother me, the knife is amazing.
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

soc_monki wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:19 am
My detent is the standard Taichung detent. Soft. But it doesn't bother me, the knife is amazing.
I've had a few light detents on Taichung models so I know what you mean. Not sure I'd call soft their standard though. I have some Taichung models (Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 5, Sage 5 LW, GB1 (x 2), Kapara, Advocate, McBee) where I consider the detent to be perfect. Not too strong and not too weak. That said, the detent on my GB2 is a little on the soft side but nothing I feel needs to be fixed immediately. It takes a couple really hard shakes to make the blade come out. I'll probably take it apart and fix at some point but it's fine for now.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:08 am
soc_monki wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:19 am
I've had a few light detents on Taichung models so I know what you mean. Not sure I'd call soft their standard though. I have some Taichung models (Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 5, Sage 5 LW, GB1 (x 2), Kapara, Advocate, McBee) where I consider the detent to be perfect. Not too strong and not too weak. That said, the detent on my GB2 is a little on the soft side but nothing I feel needs to be fixed immediately. It takes a couple really hard shakes to make the blade come out. I'll probably take it apart and fix at some point but it's fine for now.
I see. Every Taichung I've had has been on the softer side (sage 5, Amalgam, this Bradley). All about the same so I figured that's what they shot for! Doesn't bother me, I traded the Sage (prefer the para 3), the amalgam works fine, although could probably be a tad heavier for better flipping, and the Bradley is hard to fling out, so it's just fine.
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
ekastanis

Post by ekastanis »

Pretty soft detent, I think I may mess with it:

https://imgur.com/fiTccpV.mp4