Spyderco Fever

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ronT2

Re: Spyderco Fever

Post by ronT2 »

Welcome to the forum/madness. Ten months ago I got my first spyderco, now I have eleven of them. The chaparral and the mantra are my favorites...so far. ;)
My EDC rotation: Kapara, Chaparral CF, Mantra, Sage 1, Sage 5, Dice, Domino, Gayle Bradley 2, PakkaDelica, Native CFF
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

Image[/url][/quote]

This is bad ***....where can you find these?
remnar

Post by remnar »

lucky13 wrote:Image[/url]

This is bad ***....where can you find these?[/quote]

That is the one and only with that ano job and it currently resides in its padded pouch packed away with my other safe queens. :D
clevelanddean

Post by clevelanddean »

going to combine 2 in one here. Caly 3 is a great edition at around this size. The zdp is discontinued but you can find it, the vg-10 is gone but you can still find it. The damascus is discontinued, you have to hunt for it but Im going to tell you don't because I want to find another one. Imagine a delict with a shorter handle and a longer blade (which I wish the caly had a delict handle but never mind that). Delia is a great option though and much easier to find.

not my pic, file was too big
0130773986900478141.jpg
difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Hey Lucky13,

Welcome to the forum! I caught the Spyderco Fever back in 2001 and it has afflicted me ever since. My family doctor says that it is terminal, unfortunately. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Hey Lucky13 just wait until you start learning about the "old School Spyders" and I'm speaking particularly of the ones made during what I affectionately call the "Golden Era Of Spyders" 1998-2003. For starters check out my thread currently going on "My Fav" the C-60. Once you learn of the C-60 Ayoob model and many others from that era your Spyder Fever will require full "round the clock" care. Yeah it is infectious and there are currently no known cures :D

Also check out some of the other "old school Spyders" like the Bob Lum designs, JD Smith, Shabaria, and Zowada just to name a few. Great to have you here at Spyderville and hope you enjoy your stay. JD :spyder: O
Miss Dragonfly

Post by Miss Dragonfly »

Wow, gorgeous knives! That Damascus!!!!

Lucky13, I've got Spyderco Fever too! The DFly Foliage Green G-10/VG10 did it to me. Keeps on impressing me too. Check it out. Sounds like it might be a good fit for you too!

Mmmmm, those pics!!!
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
Marilyn Monroe
mrtodd777

Post by mrtodd777 »

Hey there Lucky. I just started last month as well and ohh man is this fun. My wife doesnt think so as much, but thats ok...
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

After I bought my ClipiTool about a year and a half ago, I began to feel like Steve Martin in The Jerk.

And I don't need any of this. I don't need this stuff. I don't need anything. Except this. And that's the only thing I need is this ClipiTool bottle opener.

And this kitchen knife. The ClipiTool and the kitchen knife... that's all I need. And this Tenacious CE. The ClipiTool, the kitchen knife and the Tenacious. That's all I need... and this Stretch. The ClipiTool, kitchen knife, Tenacious and Stretch. That's all I need.. and this Bill Moran drop point. The ClipiTool, the kitchen knife, the Tenacious, the Stretch and the Moran.

That's all I need... and a Byrd Cara Cara... and one for my helper. The ClipiTool, kitchen knife, Tenacious, Stretch and two Cara Caras. That's all I need.. and this Schempp Bowie. The ClipiTool, kitchen knife, Tenacious, Stretch, two Cara Caras and the Schempp Bowie. That's all I need.. and the 2015 Forum knife. The ClipiTool, kitchen knife, Tenacious, Stretch, two Cara Caras, the Schempp Bowie and the 2015 Forum knife.

That's all I need... and a Sharpmaker to keep all these knives sharp. The ClipiTool, kitchen knife, Tenacious, Stretch, two Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, the 2015 Forum knife and the Sharpmaker. That's all I need... and the venerable Police SE. The ClipiTool, kitchen knife, Tenacious, Stretch, two Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, 2015 Forum knife, Sharpmaker and Police. That's all I need... and Ultra-fine Tri-angle stones for the Sharpmaker.

That's all I need... and the venerable Police SE. The ClipiTool, kitchen knife, Tenacious, Stretch, two Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, 2015 Forum knife, Sharpmaker, Police and Ultr-fine stones. That's all I need... and another Tenacious in SE. The ClipiTool, kitchen knife, Tenacious, Stretch, two Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, 2015 Forum knife, Sharpmaker, Police, Ultra-fine stones and Tenacious SE. That's all I need...

Well, you get the idea. View my signature to see the rest of the damage.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.