"Older" Dragonfly

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bouhunter

"Older" Dragonfly

Post by bouhunter »

Well I'm officially hooked on these darn knives. ;) First I bought 3 new ones, then a Jess Horn. Now last night on eBay I bought an older model Dragonfly. It's one with the clip molded into the handle, G-2 steel. Got it for 45.00, I figured what the heck it will be nice to own an older Spydie and I can blow that on dinner anytime :) . It's supposed to come with the box and all and in mint conditions. Seller had 100% positive reviews. Looking forward to getting and "old" Spyderco!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: "Older" Dragonfly

Post by Doc Dan »

Nice. Post some pics when you get it.
The DF is a wonderful design. I have 6 :)
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

"Only" have three DF's myself, but I'm still looking for a G10 one. Wonderful little knives! People friendly, great backup, good ergo's and I just love the flowing lines in both opened and closed position :) Be sure to post some pics when it gets there!
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Congratulations on the old new dragonfly! If you're righhanded, that vintage dragonfly will serve you well. I only got hooked on the Dragonfly, when the '2 came out with its reversible clip for lefties, like me (partially at least). Now I got pretty much every flavor of Dragonfly 2!
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 3-11-2024 Instagram
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Dragonfly is a genius design indeed.Sometimes I feel that my ZDP189 Dfly 2 is the ultimate edc folder
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Congrats in the old-new-stock Dragonfly. Those vintage Spydies are pretty incredible in their own right. I've got a few carbon fiber Dragonflys that are of the "old" pattern. I like them just ad well as the Dragonfly2.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Nice catch and also looking forward to some pics, I'm also drawn to the older disco'd pieces for some reason, there's just so many great designs that are produced any more.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

I was happy to win the auction and look forward to receiving it. I haven't posted pictures on a forum in ages, will give it a shot when the knife shows up.
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

Image test:

Edit - well the link worked, guess I'm half way there........... :)

Well now it's there, just need to get it bigger........
Miss Dragonfly

Post by Miss Dragonfly »

Lucky you! :) Congrats! Good to see older models getting some love too. The DFly seems to last the test of time fo' sure! :D

Looking forward to seeing a photo of the distinguished lady!
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
Marilyn Monroe