Hi everybody!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ManekUEMF

Hi everybody!!

Post by ManekUEMF »

Hello - new to the board and Spyderco in general. I currently have a Delica 4, Tenacious, and Cara Cara 2. I no longer have the Cara Cara 2 pictured but it has been replaced by one in PlainEdge. I'd like get something new but I'm undecided. I'm thinking about and Endura w/ the Emerson Wave, Manix 2, or a Native 5 but I am open to other suggestions. I don't know a lot about knives so I'm unsure about what to look for.

I'm really digging the PlainEdge over the CombinationEdge. However, I would scoop a SpyderEdge Car Cara 4 in a nano-second.
Last edited by ManekUEMF on Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
remnar

Re: Hi everybody!!

Post by remnar »

Welcome to the forum!

I would suggest a PM2 for your collection so that you can become familiar with the joy known as the compression lock, but they're all good so pick whichever one speaks to you the most. :D
Miss Dragonfly

Post by Miss Dragonfly »

I would say you, my friend, need a splash of color in your knife life! :)

Get a Dragonfly2 H1 in bold YELLOW!!!! :) Big enough to take on the daily chores. Small enough to be a joy to carry everywhere. And I mean everywhere (except the airport! :eek: )!! Cause H1 is just about 100% waterproof. And get your H1 water baby with serrations (since you don't have serrations anymore) H1 is even better with serrations, I read somewhere.

Then again, the Foliage Green G-10 DFly is simply gorgeous! :D

Want a bigger blade? BLURPLE Manix 2 is your answer!!! :spyder:

I meant to just say WELCOME!!! :) :spyder:
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
Marilyn Monroe
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Welcome aboard!
Congrats on your growing collection of Spydies.

What features do you like in a folder? Blade length, intended uses, lock preference, serrations/plain edge, etc.? Knowing some of your criteria will help in recommending your next knife. :) Regardless, I would suggest a Native 5 (either lightweight or G--10) for your next folder. You can get a lot of value for the cost of these made-in-USA superb knives. I have a few N5's and have been very impressed with the F+F, as well as ergos for my large hands. You can also still purchase the '15 Forum Native in S90V for around $95 (+ S&H). That's a heck of a bargain for S90V. S90V is s higher-end stainless steel that is quite hard, yet still holds an edge well.

A lot will depend on what you need and what you intend to use it for.

Hope to see you around!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
ManekUEMF

Post by ManekUEMF »

remnar wrote:Welcome to the forum!

I would suggest a PM2 for your collection so that you can become familiar with the joy known as the compression lock, but they're all good so pick whichever one speaks to you the most. :D
I would like to try a compression lock. I think I saw, on a Youtube video, that Sage 5 is going to have one. Do you know when that's going to be released?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Welcome to the forum, every stable should have a PM2 & Manix2 both iconic sypderco pieces.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
ManekUEMF

Post by ManekUEMF »

SpyderNut wrote:Welcome aboard!
Congrats on your growing collection of Spydies.

What features do you like in a folder? Blade length, intended uses, lock preference, serrations/plain edge, etc.? Knowing some of your criteria will help in recommending your next knife. :) Regardless, I would suggest a Native 5 (either lightweight or G--10) for your next folder. You can get a lot of value for the cost of these made-in-USA superb knives. I have a few N5's and have been very impressed with the F+F, as well as ergos for my large hands. You can also still purchase the '15 Forum Native in S90V for around $95 (+ S&H). That's a heck of a bargain for S90V. S90V is s higher-end stainless steel that is quite hard, yet still holds an edge well.

A lot will depend on what you need and what you intend to use it for.

Hope to see you around!
I would like something in length between the Delica and Cara Cara 2. I really like the choil on the Cara which is why the Manix 2 and Native 5 are on the short list. The price point on the Native 5 seems extremely reasonable. Thanks for the recommendation.
ManekUEMF

Post by ManekUEMF »

Miss Dragonfly wrote:I would say you, my friend, need a splash of color in your knife life! :)

Get a Dragonfly2 H1 in bold YELLOW!!!! :) Big enough to take on the daily chores. Small enough to be a joy to carry everywhere. And I mean everywhere (except the airport! :eek: )!! Cause H1 is just about 100% waterproof. And get your H1 water baby with serrations (since you don't have serrations anymore) H1 is even better with serrations, I read somewhere.

Then again, the Foliage Green G-10 DFly is simply gorgeous! :D

Want a bigger blade? BLURPLE Manix 2 is your answer!!! :spyder:

I meant to just say WELCOME!!! :) :spyder:
thanks!!
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Welcome, ManekUEFM :)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Welcome aboard! Perhaps a flipper might interest you? If so, I highly recommend the Positron. It's an excellent edc flipper and the size is just right IMO :)
sal

Post by sal »

Hi ManekUEMF,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Welcome and don't look around.Go get a Para2.It's all you need.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

ManekUEMF wrote:
remnar wrote:Welcome to the forum!

I would like to try a compression lock. I think I saw, on a Youtube video, that Sage 5 is going to have one. Do you know when that's going to be released?
Welcome. Since Spydernut is too modest, I'll say it. Start saving your money now for the upcoming Rhino. :D
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050