Hi everybody!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ManekUEMF
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:10 am

Hi everybody!!

Postby ManekUEMF » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:14 pm

Hello - new to the board and Spyderco in general. I currently have a Delica 4, Tenacious, and Cara Cara 2. I no longer have the Cara Cara 2 pictured but it has been replaced by one in PlainEdge. I'd like get something new but I'm undecided. I'm thinking about and Endura w/ the Emerson Wave, Manix 2, or a Native 5 but I am open to other suggestions. I don't know a lot about knives so I'm unsure about what to look for.

Image

I'm really digging the PlainEdge over the CombinationEdge. However, I would scoop a SpyderEdge Car Cara 4 in a nano-second.
Image
Last edited by ManekUEMF on Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
remnar
Member
Posts: 1973
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:32 pm
Location: TheNorthWest

Re: Hi everybody!!

Postby remnar » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:27 pm

Welcome to the forum!

I would suggest a PM2 for your collection so that you can become familiar with the joy known as the compression lock, but they're all good so pick whichever one speaks to you the most. :D

User avatar
Miss Dragonfly
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:03 pm
Location: Upstate New York

Re: Hi everybody!!

Postby Miss Dragonfly » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:45 pm

I would say you, my friend, need a splash of color in your knife life! :)

Get a Dragonfly2 H1 in bold YELLOW!!!! :) Big enough to take on the daily chores. Small enough to be a joy to carry everywhere. And I mean everywhere (except the airport! :eek: )!! Cause H1 is just about 100% waterproof. And get your H1 water baby with serrations (since you don't have serrations anymore) H1 is even better with serrations, I read somewhere.

Then again, the Foliage Green G-10 DFly is simply gorgeous! :D

Want a bigger blade? BLURPLE Manix 2 is your answer!!! :spyder:

I meant to just say WELCOME!!! :) :spyder:
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
Marilyn Monroe

User avatar
SpyderNut
Member
Posts: 7868
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Hoosier Country, USA
Contact:

Re: Hi everybody!!

Postby SpyderNut » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:03 pm

Welcome aboard!
Congrats on your growing collection of Spydies.

What features do you like in a folder? Blade length, intended uses, lock preference, serrations/plain edge, etc.? Knowing some of your criteria will help in recommending your next knife. :) Regardless, I would suggest a Native 5 (either lightweight or G--10) for your next folder. You can get a lot of value for the cost of these made-in-USA superb knives. I have a few N5's and have been very impressed with the F+F, as well as ergos for my large hands. You can also still purchase the '15 Forum Native in S90V for around $95 (+ S&H). That's a heck of a bargain for S90V. S90V is s higher-end stainless steel that is quite hard, yet still holds an edge well.

A lot will depend on what you need and what you intend to use it for.

Hope to see you around!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal

ManekUEMF
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:10 am

Re: Hi everybody!!

Postby ManekUEMF » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:12 pm

remnar wrote:Welcome to the forum!

I would suggest a PM2 for your collection so that you can become familiar with the joy known as the compression lock, but they're all good so pick whichever one speaks to you the most. :D
I would like to try a compression lock. I think I saw, on a Youtube video, that Sage 5 is going to have one. Do you know when that's going to be released?

User avatar
farnorthdan
Member
Posts: 4409
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:32 pm

Re: Hi everybody!!

Postby farnorthdan » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:14 pm

Welcome to the forum, every stable should have a PM2 & Manix2 both iconic sypderco pieces.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."

ManekUEMF
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:10 am

Re: Hi everybody!!

Postby ManekUEMF » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:17 pm

SpyderNut wrote:Welcome aboard!
Congrats on your growing collection of Spydies.

What features do you like in a folder? Blade length, intended uses, lock preference, serrations/plain edge, etc.? Knowing some of your criteria will help in recommending your next knife. :) Regardless, I would suggest a Native 5 (either lightweight or G--10) for your next folder. You can get a lot of value for the cost of these made-in-USA superb knives. I have a few N5's and have been very impressed with the F+F, as well as ergos for my large hands. You can also still purchase the '15 Forum Native in S90V for around $95 (+ S&H). That's a heck of a bargain for S90V. S90V is s higher-end stainless steel that is quite hard, yet still holds an edge well.

A lot will depend on what you need and what you intend to use it for.

Hope to see you around!
I would like something in length between the Delica and Cara Cara 2. I really like the choil on the Cara which is why the Manix 2 and Native 5 are on the short list. The price point on the Native 5 seems extremely reasonable. Thanks for the recommendation.

ManekUEMF
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:10 am

Re: Hi everybody!!

Postby ManekUEMF » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:21 pm

Miss Dragonfly wrote:I would say you, my friend, need a splash of color in your knife life! :)

Get a Dragonfly2 H1 in bold YELLOW!!!! :) Big enough to take on the daily chores. Small enough to be a joy to carry everywhere. And I mean everywhere (except the airport! :eek: )!! Cause H1 is just about 100% waterproof. And get your H1 water baby with serrations (since you don't have serrations anymore) H1 is even better with serrations, I read somewhere.

Then again, the Foliage Green G-10 DFly is simply gorgeous! :D

Want a bigger blade? BLURPLE Manix 2 is your answer!!! :spyder:

I meant to just say WELCOME!!! :) :spyder:
thanks!!

User avatar
DougC-3
Member
Posts: 3539
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:22 pm
Location: Southeastern USA

Re: Hi everybody!!

Postby DougC-3 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:40 pm

Welcome, ManekUEFM :)
:spyder: :cool:

User avatar
Spydersense
Member
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:07 pm
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon

Re: Hi everybody!!

Postby Spydersense » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:59 pm

Welcome aboard! Perhaps a flipper might interest you? If so, I highly recommend the Positron. It's an excellent edc flipper and the size is just right IMO :)

User avatar
sal
Member
Posts: 13195
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Golden, Colorado USA

Re: Hi everybody!!

Postby sal » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:59 am

Hi ManekUEMF,

Welcome to our forum.

sal

User avatar
elena86
Member
Posts: 2714
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:59 am
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Re: Hi everybody!!

Postby elena86 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:08 am

Welcome and don't look around.Go get a Para2.It's all you need.

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 8902
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Hi everybody!!

Postby Doc Dan » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:28 am

ManekUEMF wrote:
remnar wrote:Welcome to the forum!

I would suggest a PM2 for your collection so that you can become familiar with the joy known as the compression lock, but they're all good so pick whichever one speaks to you the most. :D
I would like to try a compression lock. I think I saw, on a Youtube video, that Sage 5 is going to have one. Do you know when that's going to be released?
Welcome. Since Spydernut is too modest, I'll say it. Start saving your money now for the upcoming Rhino. :D
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

"Until we meet again, may the good Lord take a liking to you."
(Roy Rogers)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], fixall, Freediver, Hobnob, James Y, negative d, qwkzotc, Takuan and 45 guests