Conversation with ebay faker

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
remnar

Conversation with ebay faker

Post by remnar »

I saw this ebay add for a fake PM2 so I asked the seller a question. Here's the conversation so far:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paramilitary-Cu ... 1906642647

My messages in blue.
Is the item #121906642647 that you have listed an authentic Spyderco knife?

His responses in red.
do you see any Spyderco in description ? it is a custom knife that's what I have list it for all I can say is this knife is nice the blade holds up good and I have one my self for years. I came up with the coating after I went diving. did not like the rust inside from sea water blade was no problem but internal parts. I also coat gun parts so I did decide to start coating knifes I do it the same way just like with the gun parts and it takes me few hours to do one knife.Please keep in mind there is no papers no box no logos on this knife and I do not even like to call it Spyderco because they never made the knife in a style like this with a paint job like this or a logo like this.

I did not see Spyderco anywhere in your add and that is why I asked the question. You obviously know that this is an unauthorized Chinese copy of a Spyderco Paramilitary 2, yet you do not state anywhere that it is a clone or that it is made in China. It is not unreasonable to think that someone might think that they are getting a quality Spyderco when in fact they are not. You should at least give a complete and thorough description of this product unless you are purposely trying to mislead people. Thank you for your prompt response to my question.

sorry but I do not try to miss lead anybody there are no labels on this knife on top of this this knife is not a copy because it is not exactly the same it does not even say Paramilitary 2 in my description, People who buy this knife buy it mostly because of the coating.
I do not see any patent number on those knifes ... therefore they can copy as long as they like to as long they do not use there labels but like I mention it is not even a copy because it is different. Just because it has a hole in the blade makes it not a Spydy copy.
And last I can assure you those are good knifes not bad at all combined with the coating I consider this as a better knife ... my opinion .... Somebody told me Chris Reef uses also KG Gun Coat so far I like the coating works great on all the stuff I did so far check this out its my 7mm Mauser ... lots of work.
https://goo.gl/po034E

You call it a "Paramilitary Custom Knife" in your add. Why use the term "paramilitary"? There is no reason to use it other than the fact that it is used by Spyderco on a model that looks almost exactly like this. You keep bragging about the great coating which is another reason why I initially asked the question. If it had been a real Spyderco, then all of that coating would have covered up their usual markings. If you are so positive that it is your custom work that will sell this knife, then why not give a complete and accurate description of the knife. Do you know the saying about putting lipstick on a pig? I'm just concerned that someone may not see past your lipstick and think that they are getting something that they are not. I would think that since it is your reputation that you would also be concerned about that, but your responses seem to indicate otherwise.

You funny yesterday I had a description No Spyderco in top header an ebay start to complain I have to take it out this is done. Now you start to cry about paratrooper ....yeah nobody use this name in combination with a knife until end of time. Just like police knife or military knife. A total joke. It will cut paper just like one of the 200 plus dollar knifes out there maybe even better but I am sure you can see on the pictures that the knife is junk. It will break at first attempt to cut some cardboard. Don t waste my time please.

The term you used was "Paramilitary" not paratrooper or have you changed it now? Why can't you just tell people that this is a Chinese made clone of a popular knife that is made by a company that you will not name. That would be an honest add that doesn't mislead people by leaving out information. I guess honesty and integrity are in short supply these days.

Yeah just like you hiding behind your 0 buy and sale account fresh made today just for one reason :) You try to tell me about be a straight up dude ....

How is that being dishonest. I am not the one trying make money on deliberate misinformation. I haven't had an ebay account in over 15 years and started this one to ask a simple and legitimate question. What is wrong with that?
SG89

Re: Conversation with ebay faker

Post by SG89 »

Give 'em heck Remnar!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
remnar

Post by remnar »

Spydergirl88 wrote:Give 'em heck Remnar!
People like this really disgust me. Now that I have an ebay account, let the trolling begin! :D
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

GREAT and EXCELLENT job remnar! I like how you carried out the discussion. Wow that guy is such an arrogant about his selling counterfeits. I like how you nail him on the fact that he used the words "Paramilitary". And notice his ridiculous claim that it can "cut as good or better than the 200 dollar knives".
Miss Dragonfly

Post by Miss Dragonfly »

remnar, you're just awesome! :) You know it's fake, but you took the time to protect those who are not as knowledgable and therefore vulnerable when looking for a "deal" on ebay. I TRULY applaud your efforts! :) :spyder:
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
Marilyn Monroe
remnar

Post by remnar »

Miss Dragonfly wrote:remnar, you're just awesome! :) You know it's fake, but you took the time to protect those who are not as knowledgable and therefore vulnerable when looking for a "deal" on ebay. I TRULY applaud your efforts! :) :spyder:
I've tried to engage other fakers with conversation but most of the time I get absolutely no response. They're no fun! ;)

I also always report items when I'm sure they are fake. I don't know if this does any good, but at least I've done whatever I could do. :) :spyder:
Miss Dragonfly

Post by Miss Dragonfly »

Dude, your knife karma is over the moon! :cool: :)
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
Marilyn Monroe
lonerider1013

Post by lonerider1013 »

This is why I wouldn't buy a knife from ebay. Too many fakes. On one hand, at least he wasn't passing them off as Spydercos, but on the other hand, using the name Paramilitary on a similar looking knife is almost just as bad.

If people want to make their own knife why not come up with their own design or at least a diff name? Ok obvious answer they are trying to cash in on the demand for the real thing. But it is not cool...
"A fool's blade may be sharper than his brain"
“Learn to ride a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live." - Mark Twain
Dutchman

Post by Dutchman »

WC Fields wisdom - "Never smarten up a chump".
Don't judge me by my shoes.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

lonerider1013 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 2:33 pm
This is why I wouldn't buy a knife from ebay. Too many fakes. On one hand, at least he wasn't passing them off as Spydercos, but on the other hand, using the name Paramilitary on a similar looking knife is almost just as bad.

If people want to make their own knife why not come up with their own design or at least a diff name? Ok obvious answer they are trying to cash in on the demand for the real thing. But it is not cool...
You can find lots of good deals on eBay. You just have to be careful. My pm2 came from eBay, brand new, no box, 110 bucks. Pictures were of the knife (not stock photos), and eBay has buyer protection if someone tries to pull a fast one.

My rules are don't buy from China, don't buy used unless they have lots of photos to check, and go with a seller with good feedback. I haven't had a single problem yet.

Many dealers sell on eBay as well.

I don't see why people are so against ebay. Just have to be smart. And I have used it for 18 years, guess I'm comfortable with it!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
lonerider1013

Post by lonerider1013 »

Re: ebay... Many people have excellent experiences there, mine not so much. I've bought a few things there and may well again at some point, but I also kinda got screwed on ebay. Used to sell vintage watches and bike parts there, now and then. I was very conscientious, always described things accurately, etc. so of course I got screwed... what happened was I had a strict policy of no overseas buyers to avoid hassle (I have a friend who runs a bike shop he's been conned by overseas buyers and told me about how he had to just eat the loss because there is no recourse really. Like one guy in Germany bought a thousand bucks worth of stuff then after it was shipped cancelled his payment and my friend got robbed. So I made it clear I'd only sell to people in the continental US just to avoid grief.).
some guy bid on a watch and I stopped the sale because his account said he was in china.
He made a big deal about how he was in china but the watch would be shipped to a friend in the US even though the bidding account was overseas and the money was presumably also coming from overseas... so he thought that meant it was not overseas. I thought the plain english no overseas was obvious and would be understood to mean any part of the transaction being not in the continental US (shipping address, money source, buyer, etc.). Long story short he left extremely negative feedback saying I was a fraud for cancelling the sale when i clearly said no overseas sales and it was pretty darn obvious his account said he was in china. Then ebay refused to take the negative feedback off when i explained, i saw an overseas account and cancelled, what more do you want? I had to resort to posting text describing my side of the incident as a picture image because there wasn't even a way to do that, as a sort of disclaimer, like hey, there's this horrible feedback saying I tried to con a guy, but the truth is he just got mad because I meant what I said in my rules about where I'd sell to.
Maybe ebay's better now, not sure, but I haven't really used it since.
"A fool's blade may be sharper than his brain"
“Learn to ride a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live." - Mark Twain