HAP40 Ladybug

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gingerninja

HAP40 Ladybug

Post by gingerninja »

Apparently the HAP40 Ladybug has dropped, Blade HQ and KW had them listed and sold out today.
Liquid Cobra

Re: HAP40 Ladybug

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Gonna have to get one of these. I didn't buy any of the FRN super blue except for the lady bug. Gotta keep up with tradition!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Yep, snagged one from KW's today, I think I'll only get 2 of the Ladybug and Manbug this time around though, went kinda nuts on the Dragonfly :o :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SG89

Post by SG89 »

farnorthdan wrote:Yep, snagged one from KW's today, I think I'll only get 2 of the Ladybug and Manbug this time around though, went kinda nuts on the Dragonfly :o :D
Yeah I got 3 hap40 dragonflies I believe you snagged more than me lol :p
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Wait, did I miss the Manbug?
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

abbazaba wrote:Wait, did I miss the Manbug?
No, you're good. It hasn't been released yet.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

My HAP40 Ladybug is on its way from KW as well, along with an Orange Rock Salt.

I need more pockets (not that a Rock Salt would fit, LOL).
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

This will make my wife happy! She really likes the Ladybug model. It's her weekend carry :D
AHahn20

Post by AHahn20 »

They are in stock at Oso Grande Knives!
Favorite :spyder: 's: M390 Para 3, S90V Native 5, Manbug SB, USN Ladybug H1(x2)
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Yep, snagged one from KW's today, I think I'll only get 2 of the Ladybug and Manbug this time around though, went kinda nuts on the Dragonfly :o :D
Yeah I got 3 hap40 dragonflies I believe you snagged more than me lol :p
:o Yea...kinda lost control on the Dragonfly's, pretty much embarrassed to even say how many I ended up with.
abbazaba wrote:Wait, did I miss the Manbug?
No, your good. I'm going to try to control my compulsive self with the Lady/Man bugs. It will be hard with the Manbug, really like the Manbug. :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

What's the point in hamstering multiple ones? To have an endless supply for own use or to make a buck when they become extinct?
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I can justify two but past that I just can't do it. I have bought a pre need replacement for a few knives and have yet to need one. Some have been new in a box for years. When you have dozens of dozens of knives it is hard to wear them out. The one thing a pre need replacement does for me is it gives me the comfort to use a knife like it isn't irreplaceable. My Hap40 Delica got babied for a couple of weeks and then the pre need replacement showed up and I got right to grinding the hump off the spine and reprofiling and then right to hard use. I bought two S110V Mules when they dropped and they gave me the comfort to take one camping, fishing and hunting and to put it through some tough chores. I only have one M4 Mule and as a result the S110V mule which has a backup gets used more.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I can justify two but past that I just can't do it. I have bought a pre need replacement for a few knives and have yet to need one. Some have been new in a box for years. When you have dozens of dozens of knives it is hard to wear them out. The one thing a pre need replacement does for me is it gives me the comfort to use a knife like it isn't irreplaceable. My Hap40 Delica got babied for a couple of weeks and then the pre need replacement showed up and I got right to grinding the hump off the spine and reprofiling and then right to hard use. I bought two S110V Mules when they dropped and they gave me the comfort to take one camping, fishing and hunting and to put it through some tough chores. I only have one M4 Mule and as a result the S110V mule which has a backup gets used more.
Yes, i can totally accept buying two but above that gets beyond my personal "moral" for lack of better word. I'd feel like a jerk sitting on several and at the same time reading about some poor soul who missed the boat on one.
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Larry_Mott wrote:What's the point in hamstering multiple ones? To have an endless supply for own use or to make a buck when they become extinct?
Um, not exactly Larry, believe it or not they make great presents :eek: what a novel idea right :D

edit: I also wanted to add that having a couple extra of not just the Dfly but others has allowed me to offer up a blade here and there to forum friends at cost/trade when they missed the "boat" and had the gesture returned a couple times.
Last edited by farnorthdan on Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

farnorthdan wrote:
Larry_Mott wrote:What's the point in hamstering multiple ones? To have an endless supply for own use or to make a buck when they become extinct?
Um, not exactly Larry, believe it or not they make great presents :eek: what a novel idea right :D
Sorry for being jaded.. I have experienced (too) much monkey business in the musical instrument scene i guess..
(People ordering coveted instruments from famous makers
with long cues just to get it delivered and flog them on eBay for sometimes 150% profit)
buccilli15

Post by buccilli15 »

Anybody know if these are in stock anywhere? I started searching last night, and not surprisingly, coming up empty-handed.
Almoe66

Post by Almoe66 »

Now taking center stage...

Shocked to get my first Collector's Club

And a very well thought freebie came along with it

One to go...
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

Walt Whitman
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Larry_Mott wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
Sorry for being jaded.. I have experienced (too) much monkey business in the musical instrument scene i guess..
(People ordering coveted instruments from famous makers
with long cues just to get it delivered and flog them on eBay for sometimes 150% profit)
Don't apologize. I have witnessed more d-baggery in the knife game than any other hobby I have had. How about the guys who go to the Spyderco seconds sale and then sell them on the Bay for considerable profit. And sometimes forget to mention they are seconds.
MadmanR1

Post by MadmanR1 »

Cutlery Shoppe has in stock still
buccilli15

Post by buccilli15 »

MadmanR1 wrote:Cutlery Shoppe has in stock still
thx...just snagged one