Looking for factory replacement pocket clip

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
harronek

Looking for factory replacement pocket clip

Post by harronek »

Could someone direct to where I can buy some genuine factory stainless pocket clips for the Delica model .
I own a few Delica's and the stainless pocket clip on my Titanium is so much better than the black painted ones found on the standard FRN models .
The black paint begins to wear the nano second you start to use the knife .
I'd like to replace the black ones with the stainless version on all my Delica's .
I've tried searching , but all I get are after market clips , I want original .
I looked on Spyderc's site , but again struck out , maybe I'm not looking in the right place .
Any help would be appreciated .

Ken
Last edited by harronek on Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
farnorthdan

Re: Looking for replacement pocket clip

Post by farnorthdan »

Shoot Ken I'd just ring the SFO and ask for a few, I know I've heard of others getting them. They probably charge for them but it cant be much.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
harronek

Re: Looking for replacement pocket clip

Post by harronek »

farnorthdan wrote:Shoot Ken I'd just ring the SFO and ask for a few, I know I've heard of others getting them. They probably charge for them but it cant be much.
I live in Australia and long distance calls are both expensive and inconvenient due to time differences etc .
Do they have an EMail address for parts and service that I could maybe try ?

Here is a few pics to explain why I want the new clips .

Both of these clips have done a similar amount of work .

The clip on my GB1 is a different finish and I suspect is powdercoated or baked on because it has lasted very well for the amount of work it has done , but even it is now showing signs of wear .

Ken
farnorthdan

Re: Looking for factory replacement pocket clip

Post by farnorthdan »

Sure they do, not sure exactly what it is, I'm sure one of the gang will jump in with it or maybe go to the home page and look for contact info..
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Go here: http://www.spyderco.com/contact/

Under "Retail Sales," select the drop down for "I need a new clip for my Spyderco knife" and it'll take you to an email contact page.

For some reason, Spyderco doesn't put the clips on their site to buy, but they are available. I believe I paid $7 or so for the last one I ordered.

Alternatively, I had a black clip that looked just as bad as the OP's on my blue Delica 3. I used some automotive paint remover and now it is a mildly shiny matte grey, which looks a ton better and is cheaper than buying new clips. Pic below.

-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
harronek

Post by harronek »

Thanks for the replies .
To tell you the truth I never thought about removing the paint and polishing the original clip .
It might be a cool little project .
I think I will still send Spyderco a message on the link you posted and see if they will sell me 3 stainless ones and post them to Australia .
Thanks again for the help .

Ken
harronek

Post by harronek »

Five minutes work with some 1200 grit sandpaper and this is the result .
I won't bother Spyderco with any messages , this has solved my problem easily , quickly and with zero cost .

Thanks for the suggestion jabba359 .

Ken
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Right on Ken, that looks great.

EvanB.

Post by EvanB. »

I just removed the paint from my Endura using polishing compound and a Dremel tool. Took all of 5 minutes. Looks great against the grey scales.
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Nail varnish remover and a bit of steel wool removes the paint in seconds :)
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

harronek wrote:Five minutes work with some 1200 grit sandpaper and this is the result .
I won't bother Spyderco with any messages , this has solved my problem easily , quickly and with zero cost .

Thanks for the suggestion jabba359 .

Ken
Always glad to help! :D
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com