Good site to sale knives?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
murphjd25

Good site to sale knives?

Post by murphjd25 »

I hate even asking this here and I am not trying to sale anything here at all, but what is a good reputable website I can sell some knives on? I need to get rid of my kershaw collection so I can fund my spydie addiction.
Josh
Blerv

Re: Good site to sale knives?

Post by Blerv »

eBay
remnar

Post by remnar »

I see you're in Seattle. Join W.A.C. and get your free table at the next show in Puyallup or Monroe.

https://washingtonarmscollectors.org/

As far as websites go, there is Bladeforum.com but you must be a payed member to sell. You can also use craigslist but you may not reach as many potential buyers as you would with Bladeforum.
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

If you have an instagram, a lot of sales and trades go on there. I got a military 440v, Ulize, BNIB para2 and a lil matriarch on there. Just check out #knifesale and #knifetrade. -Jake-
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I'd say the exchange at BF also, pieces seems to move pretty fast there if priced right, maybe give craigslist a shot, it can be kind of sketchy sometimes but I have had some success there selling other items locally.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

The exchange on Bladeforums is a good place, from what I see. I would avoid Craigslist as it is full of serial killers. :eek:

Just kidding. :D
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

Doc Dan wrote:The exchange on Bladeforums is a good place, from what I see. I would avoid Craigslist as it is full of serial killers. :eek:

But you know, the first thing I thought of when Craigslist was mentioned was that now everyone who reads it knows you might have a knife collection of value worthy of a burglary or home invasion. If I were to use this "List" as a place to sell most anything I believe I would agree to meet any potential buyers who call in response to my ad at a neutral location away from my home just as a precaution.
I am probably being overly cautious and/or a bit paranoid, but that is the first thing I thought about when Craigslist was mentioned. :o
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

El Gato wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:The exchange on Bladeforums is a good place, from what I see. I would avoid Craigslist as it is full of serial killers. :eek:

But you know, the first thing I thought of when Craigslist was mentioned was that now everyone who reads it knows you might have a knife collection of value worthy of a burglary or home invasion. If I were to use this "List" as a place to sell most anything I believe I would agree to meet any potential buyers who call in response to my ad at a neutral location away from my home just as a precaution.
I am probably being overly cautious and/or a bit paranoid, but that is the first thing I thought about when Craigslist was mentioned. :o
You're not being overly cautious at all, that's exactly how you do it, meet in a neutral location preferably with other people around but discreetly.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I will never use Craigslist. Heard to many horror stories, I will try my luck with the Instagram thing and check out blade forums tonight. Thanks everyone!
Josh
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

That is scary to people. Does that mean, that a person could see a really cool Spyderco deal on Craigslist, and go to meet with the person, and that could be their last knife-purchase?