HAP40 Dragonfly

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ryno

Re: HAP40 Dragonfly

Post by Ryno »

farnorthdan wrote:I wonder how many have been sold so far, seems like a lot of the vendors got an smaller first drop then a larger one. I'm trying to remember if the super blue Dfly was as popular as the HAP40, seems like the SB's stuck around a little longer. I guess maybe more collectors are on to these super steels now after watching what happened with SB's.
Ordered a Hap40 today. Really like the SB Delica. Wish I could have gotten an SB Dfly but I never see them for sale.
Ryan

“Every created being is so constituted as to be capable of vice and virtue. For he can do nothing praiseworthy, if he had not the power of turning either way.” - Justin Martyr
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Ryno wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:I wonder how many have been sold so far, seems like a lot of the vendors got an smaller first drop then a larger one. I'm trying to remember if the super blue Dfly was as popular as the HAP40, seems like the SB's stuck around a little longer. I guess maybe more collectors are on to these super steels now after watching what happened with SB's.
Ordered a Hap40 today. Really like the SB Delica. Wish I could have gotten an SB Dfly but I never see them for sale.
There's one on the bay right now, it's interesting to watch them appreciate. The SB delicas are pulling some pretty crazy prices and you are right about the Dfys not surfacing very often.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

I picked up a HAP40 D-fly from National Knives last night and it may have been one of the last ones because they are showing it out of stock now. Sorry guys!
archangel

Post by archangel »

Seems like I'm lucky, too. Shipping out mail was sent by KC yesterday. :D It was on preorder there for weeks, I was starting to wonder if I'll ever get it. Especially after they switched it to discontinued some days ago. But, seems like I'm lucky! :)
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Looks like KW's has some in stock again
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

If KW did, they don't anymore, the search continues.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Ferris Wheels wrote:If KW did, they don't anymore, the search continues.
I hear Ya, gotta move fast on these babies ;) :)

Ryno

Post by Ryno »

farnorthdan wrote:
Ryno wrote:
There's one on the bay right now, it's interesting to watch them appreciate. The SB delicas are pulling some pretty crazy prices and you are right about the Dfys not surfacing very often.
I just can't make myself buy a Sprint run from ebay. I don't need or want one bad enough to risk buying a fake.
Ryan

“Every created being is so constituted as to be capable of vice and virtue. For he can do nothing praiseworthy, if he had not the power of turning either way.” - Justin Martyr
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

Ferris Wheels wrote:If KW did, they don't anymore, the search continues.

I saw KW had them in stock when farnorthdan did and ordered just before 3:00. Crazy how fast these sell out once they pop up!
Last edited by Wright.88 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

Double post
Nasgul

Post by Nasgul »

Robert @National Knives is awesome !!!! So great to work with !!
HAP40 D'Fly is hold until the smaller HAP40 arrived. (Manbug, Ladybug)
The worst will be the wait :D I'll try to find one in France. Still nothing actually.

I understand the fact of 1 buy per person, so more people can have the chance to get one. ;)
But for customers even more when you are oversea, shipment cost too much so I have to get few knives, I can't buy one thing :( , or really small stuff and cheap shipment as there is less risk.
:spyder: adds color to your knife addiction :D
AJBest

Post by AJBest »

They have some at BHQ. Good luck...
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Nasgul wrote:Robert @National Knives is awesome !!!! So great to work with !!
The worst will be the wait :D I'll try to find one in France. Still nothing actually.

I understand the fact of 1 buy per person, so more people can have the chance to get one. ;)
But for customers even more when you are oversea, shipment cost too much so I have to get few knives, I can't buy one thing :( , or really small stuff and cheap shipment as there is less risk.

That is where I buy my knives recently, even though I have to pay sales tax since I am in the same state. I get the knife quick, though. Just got my HAP40 Stretch there. They always seem to get their shipments later than some other retailers, but sometimes they get more quantity, and they are very reliable.
Going back to Caly.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Could you maybe find someone here state side that you could ship to and accumulate until it made sense to ship one big box load across the pond :)

Nasgul

Post by Nasgul »

I thought about it :)
But I have to find the person(s) who will accept so.
It also mean, like here with sprint run that if I ask somebody for example a HAP40 Dragonfly, he won't be able to grap one for himself :/

National Knives is actually making it happenned ! :) 1st time I work with him was for the Superblue D'Fly... No one here had it anymore. I discover it too late. I'm on time for the HAP40, well, I put security :D
:spyder: adds color to your knife addiction :D
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Ryno wrote:
I just can't make myself buy a Sprint run from ebay. I don't need or want one bad enough to risk buying a fake.
This is very recent sprint, so most likely fakes are not made yet. Also I cannot recall any fakes with laminated blades.
Still it is too early to buy from e-bay. You should be able to find at dealer. Try to call all reliable dealers, who you know and ask, if they will be getting more. Possibly place pre-order. And watch the Forum for info. I bought mine per tip from this thread.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
bh49

Post by bh49 »

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Donut

Post by Donut »

Thanks, Roman. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

SpeedHoles wrote:

That is where I buy my knives recently, even though I have to pay sales tax since I am in the same state. I get the knife quick, though. Just got my HAP40 Stretch there. They always seem to get their shipments later than some other retailers, but sometimes they get more quantity, and they are very reliable.
I like National too, they ship very fast and reasonable rates to me. I noticed on the Dfly drop they were one of the last to get theirs and it was a small batch, then a larger batch. I've noticed this time around that most vendors experienced the same.

ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Ryno wrote:
if money is no object blazinblades has one for sale. and some hap40's too.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal