CS Exclusive Orange Paramilitary 2 DLC CTS-XHP

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Johnnie1801

Re: CS Exclusive Orange Paramilitary 2 DLC CTS-XHP

Post by Johnnie1801 »

I thought this was just the first run of 800 and that CS will get another batch of 400 later in the year?
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

Spideyhole wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/161995540815?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Here the link. What do you think?
I have one of these from CS, and the knife and packaging look totally legit to me, just like mine.
The seller has 100% feedback rating and 14 day return policy where you pay return shipping.
Ebay favors the buyer, so if I were you I would buy with confidence if you're OK with $225 shipped...
The alternative is to haunt the BF exchange and see what comes up.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

1 week late to buying one new from CS, and people are already considering paying $225 for this knife!?! That seems bonkers to me...
Going back to Caly.
Spideyhole

Post by Spideyhole »

But how else can you get one if you want it? I called CS and they are not getting more.
hudsonhawk

Post by hudsonhawk »

SpeedHoles wrote:1 week late to buying one new from CS, and people are already considering paying $225 for this knife!?! That seems bonkers to me...
I agree but....

This was the highest priced PM2 sprint to date. There's a lot of flippers out there who bought multiples and need to recoup now. I for one hope CS fills the rest of the 1200 order but it doesn't sound like that's for certain.

I love watching the market so it'll be interesting to see where these knives settle on aftermarket price.
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Most recently added and enjoying: CF Cruwear Manix 2 and LW Manix 2
Daily Carry: Blue CF Domino and well-loved Manix 2 LW.
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

Simple supply and demand...
You could get the blurple S110V PM2 for $150 shipped right now.
Or lurk the BF exchange until a motivated seller puts up the CS orange for sale.
It will happen, sooner or later, and if you're diligent, you'll score...
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Looks good to me
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
bh49

Post by bh49 »

looks legit to me. Also good feedback. Just wondering, if as confirmation of authenticity you can ask a copy of original receipt from CS.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

hudsonhawk wrote:
SpeedHoles wrote:1 week late to buying one new from CS, and people are already considering paying $225 for this knife!?! That seems bonkers to me...
I agree but....

This was the highest priced PM2 sprint to date. There's a lot of flippers out there who bought multiples and need to recoup now. I for one hope CS fills the rest of the 1200 order but it doesn't sound like that's for certain.

I love watching the market so it'll be interesting to see where these knives settle on aftermarket price.
I emailed Cutlery shoppe about additional knives, and he informed me this was all 1200 knives. There will be no more. Ever. This was it.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

hudsonhawk wrote:
This was the highest priced PM2 sprint to date.
I would say one of the highest. BBS exclusive Blue/M390 and CF/S90V sprint was more expensive. CF/S90V/ CPM154 sprint was the most expensive.
hudsonhawk wrote: I love watching the market so it'll be interesting to see where these knives settle on aftermarket price.
+1 this will be fun
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

bh49 wrote:
hudsonhawk wrote:
I would say one of the highest. BBS exclusive Blue/M390 and CF/S90V sprint was more expensive. CF/S90V/ CPM154 sprint was the most expensive.
hudsonhawk wrote: I love watching the market so it'll be interesting to see where these knives settle on aftermarket price.
+1 this will be fun
Also the BBS Elmax Para 2 which is still available and is $200.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
Spideyhole

Post by Spideyhole »

I went and bought it. He did email a copy of his receipt from CS where he bought it. Seems about as legit as I can get. And already shipped per email this morning. Excited.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

jalcon wrote:
hudsonhawk wrote:
I agree but....

I emailed Cutlery shoppe about additional knives, and he informed me this was all 1200 knives. There will be no more. Ever. This was it.

To be completely accurate, though, there is nothing (other than Jeff saying so) that would keep CS from ordering more. Unlike a sprint, dealers/distributors have that option. I would guess that Jeff has other fish to fry, but he is free to circle back for another installment in the future.
jimmyjohnjohn

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

JNewell wrote:To be completely accurate, though, there is nothing (other than Jeff saying so) that would keep CS from ordering more. Unlike a sprint, dealers/distributors have that option. I would guess that Jeff has other fish to fry, but he is free to circle back for another installment in the future.
Dollars to donuts, he wouldn't. It would destroy the price model for these exclusives for him.
hudsonhawk

Post by hudsonhawk »

Ok, I typed that way too quickly without thinking. Roman and LC are correct of course. The Elmax and composite 154/90 PMs are/were more than this DLC one.

I'm still thinking about getting one of the BS PMs, so thanks for the reminder.

Yes true that Jeff could probably order more but I wonder if he would. They are going to be pushing the Orange Manix next I'd bet.

Liquid Cobra wrote:
bh49 wrote:
hudsonhawk wrote:
+1 this will be fun
Also the BBS Elmax Para 2 which is still available and is $200.
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Most recently added and enjoying: CF Cruwear Manix 2 and LW Manix 2
Daily Carry: Blue CF Domino and well-loved Manix 2 LW.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I read the other day that BBS is down to their last 50 peso Elmax PM2's.

@liquid_cobra
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Liquid Cobra wrote:I read the other day that BBS is down to their last 50 peso Elmax PM2's.
For 50 pesos each, I'll take the whole lot of the remaining batch! ;) :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:I read the other day that BBS is down to their last 50 peso Elmax PM2's.
For 50 pesos each, I'll take the whole lot of the remaining batch! ;) :D
That was supposed to say "or so". Dang auto correct lol.

@liquid_cobra
Donut

Post by Donut »

Is that the real last 50?

They haven't been too honest about quantities in the past. With the whole first batch of Blue Paras selling out at an odd quantity and coming up with another odd quantity second batch.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Donut wrote:Is that the real last 50?

They haven't been too honest about quantities in the past. With the whole first batch of Blue Paras selling out at an odd quantity and coming up with another odd quantity second batch.
No idea. Just sharing what I read on their Facebook page :D

@liquid_cobra