Kindness of Your Hearts...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JC_Denton

Post by JC_Denton »

xceptnl wrote:I think he was talking about Charles Keating Jr.
hmmm... perhaps I'm just knee-jerking.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

JC_Denton wrote:hmmm... perhaps I'm just knee-jerking.
Plus the post is almost 2 years old. If I recal the context of the original thread, I am pretty sure that it was Charles Keating Jr.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
JC_Denton

Post by JC_Denton »

xceptnl wrote:Plus the post is almost 2 years old. If I recal the context of the original thread, I am pretty sure that it was Charles Keating Jr.
I am definitely knee jerking. Thanks for taking time to respond. Apologies to all.
Holland

Post by Holland »

Welcome to the forums JC
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Per-Sev

Post by Per-Sev »

Here is a example of how kind people are on here.

09-10-2013, 01:52 AM #54 flash900
Spyderco Forum Registered User
Per-Sev,

I know what it is like to be without health insurance and would like to help.

I have a lovely, NIB Native 4 CF. It would be my pleasure to send it to you.

Please PM me your mailing information.

- Michael

Flash900 made me this generous offer and was willing to send me a knife that I am sure is worth quite a bit of money. While I declined his offer only because I think there are people worse off than myself and I just did not feel right accepting his offer. My family went in on a Native 5 for me as my Birthday/Xmas present so even if I do have to sell most of my knifes to pay my doctors bills I will still have a knife.
I think the hole forum needs to see there are honest people on here and those willing to help them out.
This is by far the kindest and best forum I have ever been on. Thanks Craig
I Have A High Art: I Hurt With Cruelty Those Who Wound Me. Archilochus 650 BC.
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

I'm grateful to you and VERY happy that he's gone.
Sonny
Spiderwatts

Re: Kindness of Your Hearts...

Post by Spiderwatts »

Great to see this forum is watched over by you Kristi.
You did the right thing.
My grails: Manix2 with CPM-S110V; Dragonfly ZDP-189; Native CPM-S90V; Manix XL glow in the dark.
Nom99

Post by Nom99 »

thank you ,best wishes
steve parker

Post by steve parker »

There's people like that out there, It'll come back to them.
Dominator

Post by Dominator »

Wow, after reading all these, its amazing how many people take advantage of a kind heart'ed person.

I thought I was nice giving a homeless kid that was sleeping at the front door to my office (against my glass door to get the warmth), my Mcdonalds breakfast...haha...Poor kid, he was easily in his 20s. Felt so bad for him.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

The best thing about this place is we all look out for each other. I know I can depend on a few friends advice when I need it.

I got burned given a gift on mto to a jeak full of lies reading the beginning of this topic got me worked up

I truly hate dishonesty.

This topic is old but the point it makes is scary.

I trust my friends here but I've been around a few years. I know that I can trust the members who have been here as long as me or longer.

Its really to bad how one bad egg can ruin things for good people but I guess trust is earned not just given

Sorry for the rant
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

I still love this place
M. Grey

Post by M. Grey »

Thank You for your post.
jstrange

Re:

Post by jstrange »

Jay_Ev wrote:
Evil D wrote:How did i miss this? Who was it?
I think it's probably best not to bring up & discuss who it is. Doing so would only give the individual more attention and more air time.

Thanks for the information Kristi.
You are probably right, but on the other hand, outing this individual may prevent him from being able to prey on others elsewhere on the web.
:spyder: jstrange
Evil D

Re: Re:

Post by Evil D »

jstrange wrote:
Jay_Ev wrote:
Evil D wrote:How did i miss this? Who was it?
I think it's probably best not to bring up & discuss who it is. Doing so would only give the individual more attention and more air time.

Thanks for the information Kristi.
You are probably right, but on the other hand, outing this individual may prevent him from being able to prey on others elsewhere on the web.

To actually prevent that, Spyderco would have to not only have but also share sensitive personal info like IP addresses and such, because screen names can always change. People will either learn to not make an *** of themselves or eventually get banned from every forum related to a hobby they enjoy.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
jstrange

Post by jstrange »

Sorry, I didn't realize it was such an old thread :(
:spyder: jstrange
AndrewM

Post by AndrewM »

Wow, I cannot believe a person (if one would label them that) would do such a thing for a free knife.

I suspect the culprit wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, so to speak... or on this forum, not the spyderco in the drawer lol.

Of all the people to try to rip off, what idiot would choose to rip off someone from a knife forum (leaving morality aside for this post, we all know what we think of that).. ** "I'm going to take advantage of people who collect some of the worlds best and sharpest knives... yes I am a genius who likes to think thing through"

I work for a finance company and part of my role is to help support their contact centre... It always amazes me when I hear of abusive customers... do they realise they do not know the identity of the person they are abusing, yet that staff member knows all of their details and has access to their financial accounts etc. Again, can't be the Spyderco in the drawer.
In order of acquisition: Ladybug in H1 : Paramilitary in S110v : Rock Salt in H1 : Vallotton Sub Hilt CPM S30V : Mule Team 23 (CPM20CV) : Next on the wishlist - Dragonfly ZDP189

Thanks to everyone who contributes on this forum. I do not post often but love checking the forum every few days to read new posts and comments. It really is a great forum and I learn so much :)
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Well, to change the topic a bit, here is one on a positive note. I live far away and the currency is much weaker than the USD. I really cannot chance buying a knife that might not be right for my hand and then having to return it. The postage, alone, would cost me more than the cost of the knife. I have never held a Native 5 of any type, but think it is a great looking design. I have large thick hands (my wife says King Kong) and I have been afraid the N5 would just be too small.This knife would cost me the equivalent of $500, so you can see why I would have a hard time justifying that much money. David Lowery, here on this forum, gave me one of his N5 LWs to try out and review. It is in the mail and has not arrived, but "Thank you, David." He did this just to be a nice guy.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Punishcutioner

Post by Punishcutioner »

Very nice
peter007

Post by peter007 »

Kindness should not be used for personal selfish benefits.........