Amsterdam meet countdown

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
toomzz

Amsterdam meet countdown

Post by toomzz »

Hello Spydie-fans, just a couple of days left and we will meet again in Amsterdam. Just wanna say that I am looking forward to coming sunday. Missed a couple of meets but sunday I am looking forward to see Sal and the family and their wonderous creations they will bring again. Handshaking will be with left this year since I severly cut myself in my right thumb with my GB2 last tuesday. Let me hear you if you are also looking forward to coming sunday! Glessers et all welcome!
Moses_3

Re: Amsterdam meet countdown

Post by Moses_3 »

I am really looking forward to Mr.Blonde's fantastic coverage!
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

I've got my drool rag positioned right here.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

dj moonbat wrote:I've got my drool rag positioned right here.
Me too lol
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Really excited too. This is like a second Christmas for me. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
DigDug72

Post by DigDug72 »

The elephant in the room: do Sal and Eric kick it at Dampkring when in the area????
Art_vandeley

Post by Art_vandeley »

I`m really looking forward to attend this sunday. Will people bring their knives to do a show and tell? I`m already thinking about what to bring. There are so many Spyderco models that I have never held I hope you all bring lots and lots of Spydies.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I can't wait myself. I'll be sure to bring a nice EDC to show off ;) as well as my camera and plenty of storage media.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 3-11-2024 Instagram
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Mr Blonde wrote:I can't wait myself. I'll be sure to bring a nice EDC to show off ;) as well as my camera and plenty of storage media.
Have Spyderco given you a list of which knives you can photograph? It would also be be pretty cool if you could take a few pics from inside the meet, just of all the people getting ready or at the end :)
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Mr Blonde wrote:I can't wait myself. I'll be sure to bring a nice EDC to show off ;) as well as my camera and plenty of storage media.
As usual, looking forward to your nice pictures and specs. Please include blade length, blade thickness and weight.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Thorien

Post by Thorien »

This sounds great, looking forward to hear any new updates and see as many pics as possible.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I know this is a long shot, and could potentially be problematic but if anyone that is attending is on Instagram it would be fun for the rest of us if you could post some shots throughout the meet with a tag so that we could find it. These shots don't have to include the knives, but would help give the rest of us a sense of the atmosphere etc. Maybe include shots of Sal and the gang, some designers and forumites?

How about...

#SpydercoAdam2016

or something like that.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
swigert

Post by swigert »

I am so pumped for the thread. Its the best thread of the year by far in my mind!!!!!
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Liquid Cobra wrote:I know this is a long shot, and could potentially be problematic but if anyone that is attending is on Instagram it would be fun for the rest of us if you could post some shots throughout the meet with a tag so that we could find it. These shots don't have to include the knives, but would help give the rest of us a sense of the atmosphere etc. Maybe include shots of Sal and the gang, some designers and forumites?

How about...

#SpydercoAdam2016

or something like that.
This would be a very cool thing if someone could handle doing it! Some pics to look at while Wouter works his magic :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:I know this is a long shot, and could potentially be problematic but if anyone that is attending is on Instagram it would be fun for the rest of us if you could post some shots throughout the meet with a tag so that we could find it. These shots don't have to include the knives, but would help give the rest of us a sense of the atmosphere etc. Maybe include shots of Sal and the gang, some designers and forumites?

How about...

#SpydercoAdam2016

or something like that.
This would be a very cool thing if someone could handle doing it! Some pics to look at while Wouter works his magic :D
Heck yeah, a few candid shots of Sal, Eric, and attendees would be great!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Looking forward to see you all again....

Mrs Demoncase is tagging along with me this year to make a long weekend of it, but won't be in the room at the meet
(She's had a steely-eyed look for the last few weeks and a very firm list of things to see in the Stedelijk and Van Gogh museums...This is after I've promised to spend Saturday in the Rijksmuseum together, I might add:))
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

demoncase wrote:Looking forward to see you all again....

Mrs Demoncase is tagging along with me this year to make a long weekend of it, but won't be in the room at the meet
(She's had a steely-eyed look for the last few weeks and a very firm list of things to see in the Stedelijk and Van Gogh museums...This is after I've promised to spend Saturday in the Rijksmuseum together, I might add:))
I hope you've got a new notepad and several pens :p Following Tvenuto's "Royale with Cheese" thread last year is a hard act but I'm sure you'll be well up for it :) A voice recording app on your phone might be wise :D
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Definately looking forward to the meet! It's not that easy finding a single person to talk to in real life who shares our hobby... Having a day where there's a room filled with fellow knifenuts, my favorite knife brand's prototypes and some of the kindest people I know is like a second Christmas! :D
Can't wait to see you all again and make it a great day!
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Johnnie1801 wrote:
demoncase wrote:Looking forward to see you all again....

I hope you've got a new notepad and several pens :p Following Tvenuto's "Royale with Cheese" thread last year is a hard act but I'm sure you'll be well up for it :) A voice recording app on your phone might be wise :D
Not sure how many times you'll want to hear "Oooh. *snick* Cool!" in a broad Midlands accent on such a voice recording. :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Looking forward and counting! :)