Let's talk deep-carry pocket clips for Native 5 & PM2...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cobra

Let's talk deep-carry pocket clips for Native 5 & PM2...

Post by Cobra »

I'm wondering if anyone has experience using Ti deep pocket clips from the 2 sellers on eBay and theoriginalspaceman from BF? There are several versions available from all 3 sellers and some look kinda fragile and/or might interfere with ergos depending on where they are mounted. I'm curious about long term dependability and how well they hold up over time, as well as what might be the best position to mount them to get the best ergonomic advantage.
I realize that the Native 5 FRN clips are different than the G10/CF clips, and the G10/CF clips will work on a PM2 and vice/versa.
Thanks much!
swigert

Re: Let's talk deep-carry pocket clips for Native 5 & PM2...

Post by swigert »

Go with Casey Lynch. He is spaceman. Amazing.
mikeh99

Post by mikeh99 »

+1
Mike
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

There are several threads just like this on this forum if you poke around a bit, full of pics and folks' opinions on who they like best as far as after-market clip providers.

I myself have tried them all and have been an extremely faithful customer of Casey Lynch's for very good reason - he makes the best, most high quality ones out there. The eBay makers do make nice clips for other patterns that Casey's don't fit, but I'm not too enthused about the one maker on there that blatantly copies Casey's style of clip (Casey's came first) and makes a crappier version of it at that. Casey is an outstanding person to deal with, and a very generous gentleman, and he makes some very nice other Ti products (PM2 and Delica scales and prybars). If you Google "Spyderco Lynch clip", you'll see many examples (quite a few are my pics from here) and his BladeForums thread have many more. Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
SuperBee

Post by SuperBee »

Casey Lynch is good people. Highly impressed with the product and service.
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

I got mine from Casey......AWESOME!!!!!!

Spydercos, Sebenzas, Shiros, Bastinellis, Hinderers, Microtechs & Brends ALL ROCK!!!
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Casey Lynch is your best bet. I have a couple, but neither fit my Native5 LW.

I really wish they would come out with a platform where the wire clip and hour glass were interchangeable. Like if the hour glass had two tabs in the back to fit in the wire cutout and held by the same screw.

However... There is another option :/
Nasgul

Post by Nasgul »

The Kershaw clip look like much more inside the knife :) compare to Casey Lynch one's ?
Casey clips are really looking good and this man do have an excellent service to customer ! So I would really wish to buy him stuff.
But the fact that Casey clip look to go outside the knife or really near outside make me hesitate. :confused:
:spyder: adds color to your knife addiction :D
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

I think the fact that Casey's clip for the PM2 hangs out about 1mm outside the scale makes it perfect for better concealment. I wear black pants and jeans most of the time, and when I have it clipped to my pants/jeans waist and a belt over it...it's invisible. I want one for my Millie now...not sure if he makes them for the Millie, if not...going to try the one on eBay.
Spydercos, Sebenzas, Shiros, Bastinellis, Hinderers, Microtechs & Brends ALL ROCK!!!
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

Well, I went ahead and ordered 2 clips from Casey, one for my blurple PM2, and one for my Native 5 CF. His prices are better too!
I'll try them in various positions and test out the ergos.
I've read that clips that are torqued down too much can affect blade centering and smooth pivot operation, so I'll be cognizant of that as well...
Ranger393

Post by Ranger393 »

+1 for Casey's clips. Bought one for my PM2 and one for my Endura a little over a year ago. Communication with Casey was extremely professional, he shipped both very quickly and the quality was top notch. I have had 0 issues with either clip after a year of use and the PM2 has seen LOTS of pocket time. I highly recommend them.
gusto5

Post by gusto5 »

How about the Titanium offerings from MXGGear?
Starmate C55GP
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

I have a deep pocket clip I got on eBay for my PM2 and like it. I am having trouble posting a pic. Every time I try it tells me there's an error and the jpeg file is too large. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Keep in mind I'm a Luddite.
"No matter where you go, there you are"
gusto5

Post by gusto5 »

holeshot wrote:I have a deep pocket clip I got on eBay for my PM2 and like it. I am having trouble posting a pic. Every time I try it tells me there's an error and the jpeg file is too large. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Keep in mind I'm a Luddite.
An alternative would be to upload it to something like imgur and link it instead.
Starmate C55GP
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

gusto5 wrote:
holeshot wrote:I have a deep pocket clip I got on eBay for my PM2 and like it. I am having trouble posting a pic. Every time I try it tells me there's an error and the jpeg file is too large. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Keep in mind I'm a Luddite.
An alternative would be to upload it to something like imgur and link it instead.
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
"No matter where you go, there you are"
restless ghost

Post by restless ghost »

Another +1 for the Casey Lynch clip. Top notch customer service. Had a mix up with the availability of a black clip I ordered, so he sent me a sand washed clip for free, and is sending me a black one from the next batch. They really improve on the factory clip. I will be buying more.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

How do I get in touch with Casey? Would love to purchase a couple clips. Thank you!!
Josh
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

thelastleaf1@gmail.com

Tell him Harry wants his short black clips!! lol
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Haha alright will do! Thank you Harry!
Josh
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Restless nights..I just ordered a bronze shortie for my pm2 and a black cerakote for my mx2. Great guy to deal with, and he said he's almost done with your black clips Harry!! Thanks for all your help, I can't wait to get my new clips.
Josh