Manbug--Spydercos Most Awesome Knife!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Manbug--Spydercos Most Awesome Knife!

Post by Doc Dan »

Buy one and get an education. The Manbug blade shape has been around for thousands of years because it simply works. It is a good, all around choice and it is fantastic for slicing and skinning. The other two you mentioned are more limited and specialized.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Nasgul

Post by Nasgul »

sal wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:It's definitely a winner. I wonder if we'll ever see the sheepsfoot version that Sal was talking about
In-the-works.

sal
Rhoooo that sweet ! :D

More Manbug are coming ! It's goooooood !

Everyday I have either the black one or the Superblue in the little pocket of my pants.
Can't wait for the burnt orange one !
:spyder: adds color to your knife addiction :D
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Doc Dan wrote:Radioactive,

Who made those scales for you? Also, did you dye your Manbug's G10 or did somebody make those scales, as well. I remember seeing these before but I do not remember the details. Those look very nice.
Hi Dan,

Steve Ketchen made the polished black G10 scales with the blue pinstripe, plus the matching blue G10/Ctek bead. It's one of my absolute favorites. The other black-only scales were a RIT dye job done by me in this old thread here:

//forum.spyderco.com/viewto ... =2&t=60785

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! Steve Ketchen of course deserves all the credit for how cool these scales are!

Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

I carried my Super blue all day, today. The only thing I would change is to have the Super Blue blade in the G10 handle. I would do it but the G10 versions have really jumped in price! Yikes! I do not understand that. I thought the Yen was weak against the dollar.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
RobDigi

Post by RobDigi »

I have a Manbug g10 and a Ladybug like them both...very much!!
I prefer the Manbug g10... but thats just personal preference.
The Byrd Finch could also be included in this conversation.
I like the blade shape of the Finch it also has g10 and steel liners.. granted probably not the same as Manbug.

I do realize that it is not the same quality as the Spyderco Manbug or Ladybug but...
I have used mine a lot over the last year and its gone through the washer in my jeans more then once.
Maybe I just got lucky with this one... but no blade play, still solid lock up, cuts like a razor with ffg...oh and one more thing,
I really like the jimped finger choil on the Finch neither the Manbug or Ladybug has that... gives much more utility to a small knife.
I love my Finch...15 bucks can't beat it!!
Last edited by RobDigi on Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

RobDigi wrote:I have a Manbug g10 and a Ladybug like them both...very much!!
I prefer the Manbug g10... but thats just personal preference.
The Byrd Finch could also be included in this conversation.
I like the blade shape of the Finch it also has g10 and steel liners.. granted probably not the same as Manbug.

I do realize that it is not the same quality as the Spyderco Manbug or Ladybug but...
I have used mine a lot over the last year and its gone through the washer in my jeans more then once.
Maybe I just got lucky with this one... but no blade play, still solid lock up, cuts like a razor with ffg...oh and one more thing,
I really like the jimped finger choil on the Finch neither the Manbug or Ladybug has that... gives much more utility to a small knife.
I love my Finch...15 bucks can't beat it!!
I concur! Awesome value
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Nasgul

Post by Nasgul »

I discover it with Spydergirl88 ! ;)
Still looking for it in France.
Not much people have it here.
:spyder: adds color to your knife addiction :D
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

This was posted on another thread for those interested in Super Blue.

Postby bouhunter » 04 Mar 2016 02:07

Hey everyone. I'm new here and enjoying the discussions :) It seems the Super Blue models were very popular. Just thought I'd pass along the Manbug is still available here:

http://www.osograndeknives.com/catalog/ ... 25338.html

I was surprised to see this since the Super Blue knives were in such high demand overall.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

got my dad the zdp man bug for his birthday. he hates carrying things in his pockets, the kind of guy that uses a money clip instead if a wallet. he loves it, carries it everyday.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

Doc Dan wrote:This was posted on another thread for those interested in Super Blue.

Postby bouhunter » 04 Mar 2016 02:07

Hey everyone. I'm new here and enjoying the discussions :) It seems the Super Blue models were very popular. Just thought I'd pass along the Manbug is still available here:

http://www.osograndeknives.com/catalog/ ... 25338.html

I was surprised to see this since the Super Blue knives were in such high demand overall.
Not trying to say anything bad about Oso Grande, but I've had a couple of orders cancelled by them because the model they showed in their store wasn't actually in stock. I got a refund of course, but it's definitely a good idea to contact them before you place an order, just so you can verify they actually have it.

I've actually been looking at the Manbug more and more lately, and it seems that it doesn't have as high of a point as I originally thought. I might just have to add one to my pocket after all.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

It is an awesome little knife. You won't regret it and you will find yourself going out of the house with the Manbug and larger knives are left at home.
I am waiting very impatiently for the HAP40 version.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
sal

Post by sal »

Hi AHahn, RobDigi, ZrowsN1s,

Welcome to our forum.

sal