Carry 2 knives? 3 knives? More???

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
APS

Re: Carry 2 knives? 3 knives? More???

Post by APS »

Just 2, a primary and a leatherman juice S2 or Pulse. Sometimes I'll put a ladybug on a keychain and then take it off a couple of months later when I realized I never used it.
Todd21969

Post by Todd21969 »

Generally two.

Right front pocket is always an Emerson Mini CQC 15. Sorry Sal :(

Second knife is a task specific Spyderco. For work it's either a Military or PM2 in my coat pocket (winter), right rear (warmer season's). I don't need to take my gloves off to use either one.

Not at work usually it is a waved Matriarch 2 or a fully serrated Police right rear.

The only time the Emerson stays home are the rare times I am in a 3" blade state. Then it is a Native 5 LW in right front and a Super Blue Manbug in my watch pocket.
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

three folders and 2 FB. The FB ride in my lunchbox and the three folders get switched out at random depending on which I have touched the edge up on last.

Good diversity, commendable quality, and lots of different materials to play with :D :D
Attachments
carries.jpg
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Generally 2-3.. I have a Leatherman Squirt P4 that's been on my key chain for a long time.. Then a traditional folder of some sort in the rfp.. And swap between a fixed on the belt or some sort of 1 hander in the rrp.. I don't sleep/shower with no knife!! :rolleyes: In the truck is another 2-3.. :eek: John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Ranger393

Post by Ranger393 »

Most fall and winter carry days consists of a PM2 and GEC 72. Love that PM2.

Spring and Summer most days I'm carrying Manix 2 LW 110 and GEC 72 or 66. That M2 110 is a great carry in shorts.

Oh and if I'm fishing it's a Pacific Salt full ser with one of my traditionals,,,,,, no matter the season.

That leaves quite a few Spydies on the dresser,, Delica, Manix 2, Military, Endura and my Stretch. Crap,, almost forgot my Mule team 21,,, I really enjoy using that in the garden and on yard work days. Well, never fear, all of those go into the rotation as well. In short,,, I usually carry at least 2 knifes and at least one of those is ALWAYS a Spyderco!
Anubisman

Post by Anubisman »

One in my right front cargo pants pocket a SE Meerkat, another usually a P'kal in my left front pocket as a uniformed LEO.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Majority of the time I carry a pair of varying size and styles. I really enjoy rotation.
One larger in rear pocket, one smaller in front/coin pocket.
Occasional addition of fixed blade on belt.

This is just daily, not including if I have a bag with me, or am doing a specific activity.
Going back to Caly.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I carry 2 or 3 usually. Something like a Manix, R, Superleaf, Stretch 2, Endura, Millie, Caly, or Sage 3 in front pock and something small in shirt pocket, SB D-fly, G-10 D-fly, Cricket, Kiwi 4, Squeak, or even CF Chaparral--my pants don't have watch pockets. Sometimes I carry an SE, bigger/smaller EDC or rarely a mule in my other front pocket or cargo pocket. Rarely, a mule diagonally on front of belt.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I usually only carry one or two knives on my person at any given time on the weekends (one small knife and one medium knife). Nothing fancy, but it works for me.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

Always 2 for me. A Chaparral in right front pocket and a Military or Mule in a back pocket. For me this combo covers about everything I need.

Dave
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

Well....not counting the Leatherman Wave and the Leatherman Micra that is on my key chain...those are in fact knives, but more or less things like screwdrivers and pliers that just happen to have a blade. I carry the Leatherman Wave because it has sooooo many little tools and the sheath carries a pen, lighter,USB drive, etc. I can swap out the pen for the Surefire 300 Titan flashlight, but that's on my keychain most of the time anyway. Considering getting a slim butane torch to put in the Leatherman holster/sheath.

Well, the Military is on me no matter what. That is and always will be my primary. The PM2 that I just recently got has been more than impressive....still a bit small, but great for light jobs and I like it a lot because it is very much like it's bigger brother, the Millie. I have great respect for the Millie because it functions well as both a SD tool, and a multi purpose tool. And now that I carry the Leatherman Wave, I have no need to carry the serrated Millie...that will stay in my car God forbid. And if for some reason I can't reach it in a wreck, I can always reach the serrated blade on the Leatherman. And lastly, my neck knife. When driving....the tools and blades on my waist are not the easiest to deploy with speed. So, the Cold Steel push blade on my neck will work.

Not to mention the 1911 on my side or the G27 as my BUG....I think I am ready for whatever hits the fan. Yes, I do carry 3 kinds of different pen knives and a little pointed "cat" head on my key chain which serves as a pair of pointed brass knuckles. Truth be told....I once carried more gadgets, but when I was younger...they were just for fun. Now, I carry what I fear I might have to use one day. I try not to mix things up that often....I don't want my mind to spend time thinking about what is located where. I am often in not so friendly neighborhoods....the last thing I want to do is shoot anyone, so if I can leave and get out of there without having to do so.....job well done. What I have in my car is a story for another thread. I will say this though....I'm glad I decided to pick up a PM2. Great little knife. Not nearly as confident with it compared to the Millie, but none the less...it serves it's purpose. And lastly....my Karambit. I have had a great deal of training with one...and I think I would pull that one out in a SD situation. Not only because it has a "wave" on it and I can deploy it faster than anything else I have on me, but used correctly....I've seen what kind of damage that little monster is capable of. Not practical as a tool, but as a SD device....VERY VERY effective in the right hands.
Spydercos, Sebenzas, Shiros, Bastinellis, Hinderers, Microtechs & Brends ALL ROCK!!!