Spyderco Myrtle (C194CFTIP)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Studey

Re: Spyderco Myrtle (C194CFTIP)

Post by Studey »

Moses_3 wrote:I really like it and will probably get one. I just wish that the handle screws were not silver and matched the handle better.
It'd be a simple matter to blast or etch the screws. That would make them match nicely.
Moses_3

Post by Moses_3 »

Studey wrote: It'd be a simple matter to blast or etch the screws. That would make them match nicely.
As long as it would not mess up my warranty, and I can get them out easily, that is the plan. ;)

I tried to adjust the pivot on my new Chubby and messed up the screw... I guess my Wiha Torx driver was stronger than the screw. At least now I know that pivot screws are loctited from the factory. :(
swigert

Post by swigert »

Any news on the clip? Is it a standard 3 hole positioning?
jimmyjohnjohn

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

jimmyjohnjohn

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

baldanthony

Post by baldanthony »

Just held one today at River's Edge Cutlery. Really loved the erogs, and the pin construction didn't bother me near as much in person. Single gripe, but noteworthy - when closed, access to the spydie hole was partially obstructed. the relief cutout could have been designed better. Had to jam my thumb meat in there :op Otherwise, fantastic! Would have picked it up, but got a Tighe Stick instead!
Tabo

Post by Tabo »

Nice pics jimmyjohnjohn. I won't get mine until Monday. It looks to be as long as the paramilitary.

How does it ride in the pocket? 5.1 oz is a decent weight but still is in my comfort zone. Is it easy to put in and pull out with the clip?

The main reason to pick up this blade for me is how different it is. Most of my collection is leaf or drop point so getting this one will be out of the box for me.

Excited for Monday and to see the UPS truck. Haha. Would love to see some more pics of it to hold me over till then. Thanks!
jimmyjohnjohn

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

It rides just fine in my 501 blue jeans front pocket. It's very ergonomic and comfortable in the hand. I swear this knife makes me want to cut fruit all day.
Tabo

Post by Tabo »

Just got mine today. Perfect fit and finish as always from the Taiwan plant. It has the smoothness of a Sebenza. Really liking it so far. Enjoy the pics!

In hand shot, very comfortable.

Already getting some good use out of it. :)

Pocket clip shot.

I will try to carry it everyday for a month and then report back.
Bladewacked

Post by Bladewacked »

Great shots, thanks for posting. looks great I actually like the clip. I know others have said it was too much.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Sorry but not for me.. Looks like a upside down Bowie, and what's with the fear of the scale falling off?? I mean how many screws can you fit?? :D
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

She'll be a real brute with 4MM spine, like my Vallotton.
Ill more likely than be getting a Myrtle....
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

MacLaren wrote:She'll be a real brute with 4MM spine, like my Vallotton.
Ill more likely than not be getting a Myrtle....
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Lol.....sorry about that guys and gals.....been a while since I lasted posted....
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

MacLaren wrote:Lol.....sorry about that guys and gals.....been a while since I lasted posted....
Hey Paul, good to see you post up, been a while, hope all is well with you and yours. :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Thanx Dan!
Same to you buddy.
jimmyjohnjohn

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

I just wanted to add a note to this thread. I've carried my Myrtle quite a bit and also like it quite a bit. I'd rank it up there with my other favorite purchases over the last year, like the PITS and blurple PM2.

It does have a thick spine but the full flat grind makes it an excellent slicer. The ergonomics are excellent, the way the tail end of the handle sweeps down and away in the palm of your hand and the way the thumb naturally rests on the spine all make it very comfortable to handle. The materials, function, fit and finish are all top notch. The blade has plenty of reach to easily get out there and cut through whatever you'd be working with, which for me and this knife will normally be food.

Great knife Spyderco and Mr. De Leeuw; I really like it a lot.
swigert

Post by swigert »

Still wondering if other clips will fit it?
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

swigert wrote:Still wondering if other clips will fit it?
You could probable make some other clips work with maybe a little bit of dremel work if a particular clip doesn't work out of the box.

You can count me as one who hates the clip on the Myrtle. Gak.
Sarge930

Post by Sarge930 »

The standard clips will not fit on this knife. I could be wrong, but it looks like the screw pattern is going to be the same as the FRN Native 5, but don't quote me on that. I just kind of lined them up on top of each other and they look like they fit. I didn't like the clip at first, but it has definitely grown on me.