Hello Spyderco Fans!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Hello Spyderco Fans!

Post by Sharp Guy »

Hi all! I'm a new member here so I thought I'd say hello. I've been lurking for awhile and I've spent a lot of time researching models on Spyderco's website so I thought it was time to register and participate in the forum. I'm a firearm enthusiast and belong to several firearms forums and moderate on a popular rimfire forum. Recently, some shooting friends were discussing their knives and it sparked a new interest for me. I've spent the past few weeks researching different brands and learning about different features, steels, sharpening techniques, lock styles, etc. During this reading I've been drawn to Spyderco due to their innovative designs but what really impressed me was the company's involvement with it's users. What an interesting concept! :cool:

So I've been lucky enough to have a friend who has a lot of Spyderco knives and he had sent me several of the more popular models for me to test drive. I liked them all!! So now I'm the proud owner of a Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Persistence, Sage 1, Sage 2, Manix 2, and I have a Native 5 LWT on the way. I've also had one of the original Sharpmakers for years. So I got that out and blew the dust off, watched Sal's video on Youtube, and refreshed my memory on how to use the thing.

So I just wanted to say thanks to Spyderco making such fine products and being the outstanding company they are and also thanks to all the enablers here for unknowingly helping to lower the funds in my bank account. :spyder:
Last edited by Sharp Guy on Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
farnorthdan

Re: Hello Spyderco Fans!

Post by farnorthdan »

Welcome aboard Sharp Guy, I'm sure you will love this place, real good group of folks here, and lots of great pictures :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
FullCircleHook

Post by FullCircleHook »

Welcome! It seems like you got hooked just like me. You've already got an impressive collection!
You'll have to post some pictures when you get a chance. I'm not too much into rimfire, (excluding my trusty 10-22) but interested in what forum that you moderate.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Welcome to the forum. That's a nice little group of Spydies you've got there. One note...the paramilitary 2 is very popular for a reason. ;)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Welcome! Always nice to have another pro gun guy around here!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Welcome aboard SG. Glad to have you here. :) We'll have to talk about rimfire rifles sometime soon. Hope to see you around!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
swigert

Post by swigert »

Welcome! Let's start a rim fire thread in off topic!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
FullCircleHook wrote:I'm not too much into rimfire, (excluding my trusty 10-22) but interested in what forum that you moderate.
Rimfire Central

Surfingringo wrote:One note...the paramilitary 2 is very popular for a reason. ;)
I'm well aware of the PM2's. I don't have one (yet) but that's the knife that got me looking at Spyderco. I'm sure I'll get one at some point and I would probably already own one but I like to EDC medium to small knives. When I read about the Minuteman I decided to wait for that to come out and look for knives that are more in my optimal size range in the meantime. The only reason I bought the Manix is because I got a great deal and it's the smoothest opener I have.

swigert wrote:Let's start a rim fire thread in off topic!
Done!

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=69818&p=1067127#p1067127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Sharp Guy wrote:
I'm well aware of the PM2's. I don't have one (yet) but that's the knife that got me looking at Spyderco. I'm sure I'll get one at some point and I would probably already own one but I like to EDC medium to small knives. When I read about the Minuteman I decided to wait for that to come out and look for knives that are more in my optimal size range in the meantime. The only reason I bought the Manix is because I got a great deal and it's the smoothest opener I have.
In that case, you should have a look at the Chaparral at some point. Probably my favorite of Spyderco's smaller offerings.
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Welcome to the forum! You've picked up some great models to start with for sure! I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay :D
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your time here! Looks like you're already off to a heck of a good start there with your collection :). Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Welcome!

There a lot of gun nuts on here too. I am a Ruger nut myself. Rimfire you say? I have a 10/22 and a Single Six that will both be with me until I breathe my last breath. I love shooting .22s.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Welcome.. John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Surfingringo wrote:In that case, you should have a look at the Chaparral at some point. Probably my favorite of Spyderco's smaller offerings.
Thanks! I already have my eye on the Chap. I need to lay of the knife purchases for awhile and use the ones I have. On the other hand, if I can find a Chap for the right price I may end up adding one of those to collection sooner rather than later.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Sharp Guy,

Welcome to our forum. Thanx for the interest and support.

sal
palonej

Post by palonej »

Welcome!!
The post right above.....besides the wonderful super cool blades...is what makes a great company OUTSTANDING!!
Joe
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

]Welcome to the forum Sharp Guy! Thank you for your kind words and for sharing some of your insights on your knives and Spyderco knives with everyone. Have you ever seen this one? Spyderco Caspian Salt

http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=288" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SpydercoCaspianSalt2.jpg
SpydercoCaspianSalt4.jpg
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Welcome!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Welcome to the forum! It looks like you have most of the use bases covered with your collection of Spydercos. Good choices. Now you need an Endura, Manix 2 XL, and a Military (let me help you with your new addiction :) )
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

sal wrote:Hi Sharp Guy,

Welcome to our forum. Thanx for the interest and support.

sal
Thanks for the welcome Sal! Happy to be hear. Thank you for making great products!

SG