Spyderco Peter Rassenti Nirvana

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bh49

Re: Spyderco Peter Rassenti Nirvana

Post by bh49 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:The Nirvana is now available for pre-order at KnifeWorks for $389.11
I love the knife, but still too much. Nobody is going to pay that much for my kidney :(
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

I'd love to own one with its ball bearings and one piece titanium handles but I can't see being able to afford it.

I love the pattern on the handles as well.

I think I need to get a better job.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

I'm feeling lucky, so I pre-ordered one. This one isn't an exclusive and it's already decently priced compared to some other announced vendors. It may drift down a little in price over the long haul, but that may be a long time if the knife is released in a series of small quantities. Plus Knifeworks has been very good to me over the years.

Oh, and it's a pretty interesting S90V delivery system. :D
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

I shall wait for my UK Knife dealer/pusher to get this in....I don't expect to get much change out £350 and I don't care as it'll be worth it. :spyder:
Studey

Post by Studey »

Incredible build quality. Don't let the price or Taiwan put you off. Both my wife and buddy got to handle it as well, and they agreed that if it didn't have the Spyderco logo or name, they'd believe it was a custom. Smoooooooth, zero play, light-but-solid, and extremely comfortable with the contours.
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

TAIWAN ALL DAY!
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

I do wish the clip was more...elegant?
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
swigert

Post by swigert »

spydieh0le wrote:I do wish the clip was more...elegant?
I suspect we will see some custom clips that do the knife justice.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

spydieh0le wrote:I do wish the clip was more...elegant?
I like the finish on it.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
timlara

Post by timlara »

I think I would prefer a wire clip so it would obscure less of the awesome handle detail, but I agree the finish is just beautiful on the Nirvana. It seriously does look like a small batch custom knife. (Which I guess in a way it sort of is...I can't imagine they're making tons and tons of these as they are not cheap and surely very labor intensive.)

Taichung is just plain showing off at this point! :D
swigert

Post by swigert »

Have we heard an update on time frame?
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Pre order placed. Originally i was on the fence about this, but it is a great price for what you get. Now to just forget about this until it shows up lol.....
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Sweet mercy, that knife is a heart-stopper. :eek: I held the Nirvana for the first time at the Blade Show '14. Very, very nice design. It'll be difficult to say no to this one...;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I'm sooooo glad I got to handle this in Amsterdam and realize that it didn't fit my hand all that well. Seriously saved me from pining for this one for a long time. It's completely gorgeous, though, and I have no doubt that everyone who gets one will love it.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

The pocket clip is just...killing the design :confused: .I just hope the small Nirvana will be released with a wire pocket clip :D
KnifeJunky83

Post by KnifeJunky83 »

OMG I'm losing my mind trying to wait for the Nirvana ! I find myself checking the forum just to see if there is any news or the Spyderco FB ... I wish I could just forget about it for a while ! lmao
:spyder: "A lazy man carries a dull knife" :spyder:
:spyder: "If you're not carrying a knife, you may as well be wearing a skirt!" :spyder:
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

This happened today. Prepare yourselves...

Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Could it be....man these epic pieces are coming fast and furious, I'm going to be so dang broke :D I wonder when they will start shipping, I know I got my pre-order in the first day KW's had them up, got in on the $390ish price but with low production numbers I imagine it will still be some time before I see one, I kinda hope so actually because getting through the 52100 millie drop is going to take some recovery. :D :spyder:
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
BTG

Post by BTG »

farnorthdan wrote:Could it be....man these epic pieces are coming fast and furious, I'm going to be so dang broke :D I wonder when they will start shipping, I know I got my pre-order in the first day KW's had them up, got in on the $390ish price but with low production numbers I imagine it will still be some time before I see one, I kinda hope so actually because getting through the 52100 millie drop is going to take some recovery. :D :spyder:

For sure, I've really been anticipating this one for a while now...not sure when KC put it up, but I checked to see when I preordered..August 20th..so yeah, 10 months....good thing Sal and Crew kept me distracted with Hap 40's and some Blurple goodness.
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

Yeah with all of the cool new knives coming out, I don't know when I'll get around to buying the G-10 S110V Manix! I had the opportunity to get the Nirvana for about $385 I think the other day (pre order with a coupon code) but passed as I've gone a bit crazy with customs the past few months. In a perfect world, I'd have about ten new Spyderco knives this year.