Sprint run?

Discuss Spyderco's byrd knives.
Sirens1

Sprint run?

Post by Sirens1 »

Does anyone know if there has been talk about a sprint run for a Byrd or two? I know they are "budget" minded, but man, could you imagine a Cara Cara with different colored scales and a slightly better steel? Woah!
SG89

Re: Sprint run?

Post by SG89 »

I think that's what they are going for in the TI cara cara and robin and meadowlark. Better steel and better handle material. Not a sprint but just improved quality. Check them out. :)
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sirens1

Post by Sirens1 »

Nah, I haven't drank the Ti Koolaid just yet. Perhaps when designers start adding some strategically placed knurling on them I might partake.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

It's the Blade Show Best Buy of the Year :)
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sirens1

Post by Sirens1 »

That's good to know...
losinground

Post by losinground »

I'm all over the Ti meadowlark 2. Will be my first Byrd.
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

I think the Raven 2 is the best kept secret out there, awesome quality for the price and thicker blade than the Cara Cara 2. I like the Bd1 steel easy to sharpen on SM and feels awesome in the hand. To me it looks alot like the disco Superleaf model (think thats the model). Now I want a Superleaf! :D
Byrds are cool. :cool: Plus I think Sal said it was like the PM2 of the Byrd line which is all I need to know. Sorry to derail your topic I guess I wanted you guys to know, peace Matt.
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Chinook3 wrote:I think the Raven 2 is the best kept secret out there, awesome quality for the price and thicker blade than the Cara Cara 2. I like the Bd1 steel easy to sharpen on SM and feels awesome in the hand. To me it looks alot like the disco Superleaf model (think thats the model). Now I want a Superleaf! :D
Byrds are cool. :cool: Plus I think Sal said it was like the PM2 of the Byrd line which is all I need to know. Sorry to derail your topic I guess I wanted you guys to know, peace Matt.
Word up on that. I have been telling everyone and their aunt, abut to buy a new knife to go for the Raven 2. It shamelessly beats many of it's dearer siblings! :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Chinook3 wrote:I think the Raven 2 is the best kept secret out there, awesome quality for the price and thicker blade than the Cara Cara 2. I like the Bd1 steel easy to sharpen on SM and feels awesome in the hand. To me it looks alot like the disco Superleaf model (think thats the model). Now I want a Superleaf! :D
Word up on that. I have been telling everyone and their aunt, abut to buy a new knife to go for the Raven 2. It shamelessly beats many of it's dearer siblings! :)
Always knew you Swedes had great taste! :D Cheers to the Raven 2!
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.
dcfis

Post by dcfis »

Thanks for the Raven recs! Just ordered