Bradley folder 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZL1

Re: Bradley folder 2

Post by ZL1 »

Just got mine!
Seems pretty good so far.
Only nitpicks I have is that the heel is a bit overground and the grind is asymmetric near the spydie hole.
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Happy newyear, finally ordered one at reputable dealer in the US. Hoping German customs wont slow down shipping. Looking forward to this knife for long time. Thanks Sal and crew and of course Gayle for realizing this piece! See you at the Amsterdam meet end of february.
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

Anyone still have any if these in stock?
jimmyjohnjohn

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

I bought one this morning from National Knives. Not sure if they still have some.
Last edited by jimmyjohnjohn on Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shockwave

Post by Shockwave »

this_is_nascar wrote:Anyone still have any if these in stock?
Oso still has em. I gotta plug them. They shipped my GB 2 on xmas eve after a mix up with the address I left them the day before.
Belasarius Jnr

Post by Belasarius Jnr »

Notice from KW, my pre-ordered (6/18/15) GB2 is now a confirmed order, expected to ship tomorrow :)
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

this_is_nascar wrote:Anyone still have any if these in stock?
Just sent one back to CS this am.. John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

Just to tease those waiting a little, or perhaps a gentle nudge to place an order. The GB2 is excellent... I've bought 3 of them so far...

Bradley Folder 2 CPM M4
Military ​​​CTS XHP​ - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​
Para Military 2CTS​ XHP - CTS 204P
Manix 2 CTS XHP - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​ - CPM​ M4
palonej

Post by palonej »

What a gorgeous blade profile Cameron!! Dam!!
Enjoy and let us know how she behaves!
Joe
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I'm thinking about jumping ship on my KW pre-order, but it was back in October before the MAP.
gunmike1

Post by gunmike1 »

Can anyone measure the thickness behind the edge bevel? My original Bradley was about .016" behind the bevel, which is pretty thin for a production knife in my experience. Hopefully the Bradley 2 is similarly thin behind the edge. The original Bradley does appear to have a bit of a higher hollow grind then the new one, so the actual blade geometry seems a bit thinner for the original. I love how nicely my original Bradley cuts with its nice geometry, hopefully the Bradley 2 is similar in that regard.
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

gunmike1 wrote:Can anyone measure the thickness behind the edge bevel? My original Bradley was about .016" behind the bevel, which is pretty thin for a production knife in my experience.
Using digital calipers, both my GB and GB2 measure 0.0210 behind the bevel. My GB has a slightly wider bevel than the GB2, but I wonder if that's due to sample variation. Judging by appearance and running my calipers along the length of the blade and measuring the middle, the slope of the hollow grind from edge to spine of each knife appear to be the same. Otherwise I have no other way of being precise in this measure and perhaps someone more qualified can provide a more precise answer.
gunmike1

Post by gunmike1 »

Mako109 wrote:
gunmike1 wrote:Can anyone measure the thickness behind the edge bevel? My original Bradley was about .016" behind the bevel, which is pretty thin for a production knife in my experience.
Using digital calipers, both my GB and GB2 measure 0.0210 behind the bevel. My GB has a slightly wider bevel than the GB2, but I wonder if that's due to sample variation. Judging by appearance and running my calipers along the length of the blade and measuring the middle, the slope of the hollow grind from edge to spine of each knife appear to be the same. Otherwise I have no other way of being precise in this measure and perhaps someone more qualified can provide a more precise answer.
That's plenty precise enough, thanks. I guess my Bradley 1 is on the thinner side, which I personally like. Being production blades I'm sure there will be a decent amount of variation on these measurements.
ZL1

Post by ZL1 »

Anybody's detent feel a little weak? Mine would feel perfect if it was stronger.
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

A perfect pair. These are the only two Spydercos I've acquired in 2015 and hopefully both will see a lot of use in 2016. Along with a Silky folding saw, a trusty thirty-eight year old SAK Camper and sometimes a Pacific Salt, what more could a guy need :)

toomzz

Post by toomzz »

inbound.....just got a call from the fedexman that he dropped the parcel with the knife at my home....
5 days from the Fredericksburg US to me in Germany...
hoimin

Post by hoimin »

Mako109 wrote:A perfect pair.
What a beautiful pairing.
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Got it. Wonderful knife. Good looks, solid 'thwack' when opening and smooth disengaging of the lock. The detent feels ok. I like the thinner handle. The GB2 is slightly larger than the original first version: I like that. Provided the blade with a custom deep carry Ti clip. I don't (generally) like those high ride clips. I live in fear-for-weapons Europe so I like my knives more concealed. The jimping on the linerlock looks a little cheap. The GB 1 has nicer jimping IMHO. The access of the lockbar is not easy, but that is the same with the GB 1 and the Air.
My 2 cents: wonderful knife, more appealing than the first version and because of the lighter weight and thinner handle more pocketfriendly. Definetely and user, keeper and good update of the GB1. Both Sal and Gayle, thank you realizing this knife, I wanted this one for long.I will carry and use it proudly and with joy, love the M4!
palonej

Post by palonej »

Great write up Toomzz!!
Now I need one!
:D
Joe
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Haha, provided mine with a 34 degrees incl. angle on my wicked edge (sorry Sal). Ouch, that knife is darn sharp.....M4 is goooooood.....happy happy happy.
I cut a hard, dried french sausage with it.....paperthin slices of dried pork meat!