Vote for your 2015 Spyderco knife of the year

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bearfacedkiller

Re: Vote for your 2015 Spyderco knife of the year

Post by bearfacedkiller »

61 in one year! That is more than one new knife per week. Even with a high level of self control that will kill the wallet. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

We still have 8 more business days left in the year. I'm hoping for a few more 2015 releases!
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Hey RamZar great list! Is number 43 the Squeak titanium sprint?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Spydergirl88 wrote:Hey RamZar great list! Is number 43 the Squeak titanium sprint?
Indeed. "Squeak Sprint Elmax Titanium (C154TI)".

I need to be more descriptive in the entries.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
bh49

Post by bh49 »

RamZar wrote: My pleasure.

I "like" lists, numbers, stats, etc.
You must be accountant or quality engineer.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

I haven't voted yet, waiting to get the Sprig hoping it comes before the end of the year. I didn't get the S110v Para first run and to be truthful most of the knives on the list didn't really excite me. The Positron was a disappointment. While the GB2 looks great, it's hard to improve too much on the original GB folder. The Taiwan fit, finish, and blade on the original make it special, even with the weight. Looking forward to the Mantra. If the Sprig doesn't spring, it may be the Hap40 Endura or K05 for me. Time will tell. My wife says purple Dragonfly. :spyder:

Edited Christmas day. My Sprig was delivered last night and became an instant favorite. I didn't get in on the first run of the S110v Para's and have other's. Also have the Delica and Endura in other steels so the Hap40 didn't nudge it into the favorite spot. The Sprig definitely does It for me. It is a thing of beauty.

Used my Sprig today and can now say far and away this is my favorite Spyderco of the year. The Sprig is a much better knife than many "custom" B&T's in a similar price range. The design by Phil and the execution by Taichung are superb. The spine and full tang blade are thick giving it additional strength (albeit weight too) however the blade is very thin behind the edge. The distal tapering makes this a serious cutting tool. I would say this blade at the edge is much more similar to Phil's B&T than the Southfork was of his custom. Beautiful S90V with a boltaron sheath and g-clip. When you handle and use this knife it will bring a :) to your face and a hefty chuckle, it's that good. IMO the Sprig is destined to be a Spyderco classic. I ordered a second one today as a gift for my son. I must confess, for me the early pictures of the Sprig left something to be desired. After handling and using....no longer. This may become a 2015 and 2016 favorite for many. Thank you Sal and Phil
Last edited by Tdog on Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

Millie. Although if I am wrong and it did not come out this year the the HAP Delica gets my vote.

Only knife that has ever challenged my beloved Millie as my favorite.

Why did nobody here say anything about how good the Delica is?
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
Raymond3

Post by Raymond3 »

PM2 S110V. no question.
Sal, Thank you for listening. (the purple tint in the blue is something that I am still a bit unsettled about though.)

Edit after some carry and use time: I like the color and look forward to getting a Maniz XL in S110V and this color.
Last edited by Raymond3 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NinjaRyder0920

Post by NinjaRyder0920 »

For me, it is the blacked out sprint run PPT. Still looking to pick up the original, but this model was an excellent choice for a sprint!

Cameron

Post by Cameron »

Out just in time for 2015?

My vote goes to the Bradley Folder 2!

Bradley Folder 2 CPM M4
Military ​​​CTS XHP​ - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​
Para Military 2CTS​ XHP - CTS 204P
Manix 2 CTS XHP - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​ - CPM​ M4
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

I vote Gayle Bradley 2.
matt009au

Post by matt009au »

Schempp bowie for me, a great re-interpretation of a classic knife. Let's hope for for Schempp barlow or sodbuster in 2017!!!
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I vote PITS too. It's just such an innovative and practical design.

But very close runners-up include the Schempp Bowie and S110V Para 2.
:bug-red-white
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Surfingringo wrote:I'm sure the blurple is going to win, but I have to go with the hap40 Delica. To have the option of getting a Delica in a tougher and more wear resistant steel is a big deal IMHO. In my book, this hap40 run is a bigger deal than the superblue run.
Vote for the same.

Lance, your statement is adding to the pros of getting one. Alas, I might be too late :(
Chris :spyder:
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

tvenuto wrote:You listed the all black PPT twice.

My vote is for the Orange/black CS exclusive PM2. Wicked color combo, and the F&F seems to be incredible across the board.
+1
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

I vote for the Gayle Bradley 2. The amount of knife you get for $130 is incredible. To improve upon a proven knife is one thing, to do it while noticeably lowering the cost is very impressive.

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

I know this is throwing my vote away, but I gotta say I still love my Foundry the most. I haven't bought many knives at all this year (amazingly), but the Foundry tops even the CS PM2 in my opinion. It's versatile, easy to clean, attractive, good blade steel choice, and the story behind it is just too cool. I just love steel!
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
bh49

Post by bh49 »

PayneTrain wrote:I gotta say I still love my Foundry the most.
It is a nice knife, but I still cannot figure out what in this knife worth $200????? :confused: It is $175 @ my favorite pharmacy, still not worth these money for me.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Comedie

Post by Comedie »

ParaMilitary2 Blue G-10 S110V

Would have said Janisong, if it would have been available in the USA. Seems to be a rarity overseas too, as I've stuck my head into lots of shops with Spyderco's overseas this year, but never saw one. Heck, the shop owners hadn't either
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm not even sure when the Kiwi 4 actually came out but that was probably my best new model purchase this year. I think as far as just new knife purchases go, I'm most excited about my Nilakka, but that was released a couple years ago. I can't say much about knife of the year though.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David