EDC Battle: Delica vs. Endura vs. Stretch

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

If you could only have 1 EDC knife, which of the following would you choose?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:36 am

Delica
40%
Endura
17%
Stretch
43%

Total votes: 128

Tdog

Re: EDC Battle: Delica vs. Endura vs. Stretch

Post by Tdog »

The FRN Stretch is a joy to hold in the hand, more so than the carbon fiber model. The ZDP and Super Blue blades cut like demons. While the Delica and Endura are both great knives, if I had to choose between the three, Stretch it is......"the Stretch is a pretty tough hombre"
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Only 118 votes right now. The impression I'm getting from this poll is not many people are participating in the forum aside from the usual posting crowd.
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

shunsui wrote:Only 118 votes right now. The impression I'm getting from this poll is not many people are participating in the forum aside from the usual posting crowd.
Or they're like me, who didn't vote because none of the choices floats my boat ...

Gordon
Quick Draw

Post by Quick Draw »

The Delica 1 with the molded clip was my first good knife. I now have 7 D4s and think it's the best EDC.
PM1

Post by PM1 »

Well, it's all over and the winner is "The Stretch". Delica came in second and Endura is a distant 3rd.

Nonetheless, I still like the Endura the best! :cool:

Thanks for participating in the poll.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I voted for the Endura some time back but didn't comment, so... I'm like the few who said the Delica feels too small and the Stretch just never quite seems to fit right in hand. I like the shape and appearance of the Delica and Endura best, even though I'm a choil lover. If it had been the new Stretch 2, I might have gone with it, because I really want a knife between the Delica and Endura, like the Nishijin R, and I love the ergos and feel of my new Stretch 2. But in truth I prefer the Delica/Endura blade shape, mainly for aesthetic reasons. I have 5 Enduras, 4 Delica, and only one FRN Stretch. But really, my faves of all three are the G-10 models plus the Ti Dam Delica.

I can't wait to try the Mantra, an obvious descendant of Delica and Endura. A Mantra ML (medium length, half way between the Delica and Endura) would probably be in my top 5 all-time Spydies, along with Manix 2 XL, Millie, Nishi R, and Manix 2.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

elena86 wrote:Delica is going to win anyways so what's the purpose of this poll ?! :D :confused:
Too late to cast my vote :) Suffice to say i agree.For 12 years my one and only EDC was a early 90's Delica. It took everything i threw at it with a yawn, travelled on its own too! I stabbed it temporarily in the side board of a semitrailer and forgot it and it went all the way to Stockholm and back :D
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.