Most Iconic Spyderco?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Space

Re: Most Iconic Spyderco?

Post by Space »

I would definitely have to go with Civilian and then a Harpy.
TheOutdoorNerd

Post by TheOutdoorNerd »

Delica
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I don't see anyone really mentioning any of the Salt lines, like the Pacific Salt, which is almost to be considered an "Endura Salt". Is this because the Salt line is too new, still, and, not really as an old "Standby" as the Police and others?
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Holland wrote:Delica police and military were the first that came to my mind
Same here.
- best wishes, Jazz.
elmeringalo

Post by elmeringalo »

My first Spy was a Delica and The second was a Native, both long time ago. After become a lot
No por mucho tempranar, amanece mas madrugo
TheRaven

Post by TheRaven »

Easy. SE stainless police.

I don't own one, but it's the one everyone (even non spy die fans) will recognize!!
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

remnar wrote:
JNewell wrote:Actually (FWIW, which may not be a lot), when I think of "iconic" and Spyderco, I don't think of a specific knife, but the features that in my mind were the features that distinguished the early Spyderco knives:hole opener, lockback lock and a pocket clip.
For me, I'd also add spyder-edge to that list. :)
Agreed: My checklist of the iconic Spydie goes:
Hole opener [x]
Mid backlock [x]
Pocket clip [x]
Full serrated edge [x]
Steel handles [x]
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

I bought one of the early SS SE Police with POLICE etched on the blade as a gift for my brother-in-law who was a patrolman and on the SWAT team at the time. He told me he used it once in a raid to cut open a gate that was tied shut. Later he discovered that what he thought was sash cord turned out to be electrical wire. He was impressed.

Recently, I bought an SE Police 3 G-10 for myself.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.