Bradley folder 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
toomzz

Bradley folder 2

Post by toomzz »

Hello Sal et all!

Hope all is well in Golden USA. The topic gives away my question: Any news on the release of GB folder2?
Although still in love with the original GB, on which the M4 blade turned grey-blue, I am looking forward to the updated folder!

So, any tip on the cover to be lifted? :o

Cheers from Holland
Tomas
videorecipes

Re: Bradley folder 2

Post by videorecipes »

i am also hungry for any info we can get on the release of this knife. the cash for it is sitting there, burning a hole in my knife case...
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

While not news per se, I had a dream about the GB2 last night. In the dream, I remember Sal revealing that the listed price drop was an error and that the GB2 will actually cost a little bit more than the current version. Fortunately, my dreams have a poor track record of predicting the future.
videorecipes

Post by videorecipes »

with the number of knives slated to come out of the taiwan facility by the end of the year, i wouldn't be surprised if they've hit some kind of major problem. the positron was supposed to be out at the beginning of this month!
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

ABX2011 wrote:While not news per se, I had a dream about the GB2 last night. In the dream, I remember Sal revealing that the listed price drop was an error and that the GB2 will actually cost a little bit more than the current version. Fortunately, my dreams have a poor track record of predicting the future.
Lol. I don't imagine that this would hurt sales on the GB2, unless of course it was a huge price increase. ;) Man, thank God dreams aren't (always) real! And, back to topic, I am also waiting with baited breath for the release of this puppy!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

ABX2011 wrote:While not news per se, I had a dream about the GB2 last night. In the dream, I remember Sal revealing that the listed price drop was an error and that the GB2 will actually cost a little bit more than the current version. Fortunately, my dreams have a poor track record of predicting the future.
Haha, interesting visions. It's your subconcious deal shopper revealing the fact that it's still astonished by how much of a value the GB, and soon to be GB2 really is in the knife world!

...and I'm not holding my breath yet, but somehow I feel like there are going to be masses of children forced to play with clothespins and paperclips this Christmas when daddy blows the budget on upcoming PM2 exclusives and maybe this GB2 and Positron, Nirvana, etc. :p
Going back to Caly.
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Lol
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Just giving this one a bump.
Perhaps Sal will throw us a bone. Hope we see it this year.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I just put a GB2 on preorder and can't wait to do a comparo. My well used GB is still my favorite workhorse (maybe favorite knife of all time, seriously), and I have a BNIB backup just in case.
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

I was in the factory store yesterday and they said they expected the Gayle Bradley 2 folder to drop in the next month. They received a batch but had made some changes to ensure they were perfect. After looking at the current Gayle Bradley I can say the listed changes sound a lot to me like they have made the perfect folder for me. I really like CPM M4 and the quality of the Taichung knives makes them irresistible. The change in the choil area makes this a must have for me where I passed on the original GB.

Cameron
Bradley Folder 2 CPM M4
Military ​​​CTS XHP​ - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​
Para Military 2CTS​ XHP - CTS 204P
Manix 2 CTS XHP - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​ - CPM​ M4
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Cameron wrote:I was in the factory store yesterday and they said they expected the Gayle Bradley 2 folder to drop in the next month. They received a batch but had made some changes to ensure they were perfect. After looking at the current Gayle Bradley I can say the listed changes sound a lot to me like they have made the perfect folder for me. I really like CPM M4 and the quality of the Taichung knives makes them irresistible. The change in the choil area makes this a must have for me where I passed on the original GB.

Cameron
That's great news, really looking forward to this one :)
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
SG89

Post by SG89 »

This knife is very beautiful and it is a must buy for me. :)
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
timlara

Post by timlara »

Awesome news! Thanks for the update, Cameron!

It definitely sounds like they fixed all the reasons I don't carry my GB 1 more often even though it's a sweet design. I rarely do preorders, but I had to make an exception for this one.
Shockwave

Post by Shockwave »

Yes! Very exciting news for sure. For the work I plan on doing with it the GB2 looks more for me. I want that new handle design.

I'll be placing my pre order today at kw.

http://rs826.pbsrc.com/albums/zz183/sho ... 0&fit=clip
Last edited by Shockwave on Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
delphidoc

Post by delphidoc »

I hope they ship by Christmas. I need to have something to give myself :D . If I can't give myself a GB2 I'll probably have to give myself a PPQ.

Wait- Sal PLEASE don't ship them until January! :eek:
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

That's great news! Can't wait.
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

I tweaked mine just in time that I hope I won't be too tempted to spend more $$ on the new one, but we all know how that goes around here ; P
IMG_20151124_111247_1.jpg
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
Holzfaeller

Post by Holzfaeller »

For once I'm listening to reason, that voice in my head that says, "How many more knives do you need?" The GB2 appeals to me, but only if I overlook some features that don't suit me. While the rest of you enjoy your new knife, I will wait. I like to think that I've become more mature, but being broke has more to do with it than sensibility.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

How are we looking on these - Sal? :)
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

I just received a preorder status update from KC stating it may not be delivered in time for Xmas.