Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
munchs

Re: Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread

Post by munchs »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
munchs wrote:
SpeedHoles wrote:From the "PM3" thread on BF, yesterday:

"All I can say is I've got one and Eric has one that we carry often. They are being engineered for production in Golden. They make a very nice EDC. We don't have a name for it yet.

sal"
Lil military sounds good to me since it will be the true smaller version of the military. :)
I've been waiting for this model to come out for more than 10 years right after I fell in love with Mili... :eek: :cool:
This is regarding a smaller para military 2, not a military.
What we know is a ball park size and the name has not been decided...the final product has not been seen by any end users...

I don't know what it resembles more. mili or Para2...personally I hope it be more like smaller military.
Nasgul

Post by Nasgul »

"All I can say is I've got one and Eric has one that we carry often. They are being engineered for production in Golden. They make a very nice EDC. We don't have a name for it yet.

sal"
I don't own a PM or PM2 for the reason it's a bit too big for here. But I had one in hand and I like it.
So, a "PM3" that would be smaller than the 2 others sound really nice !!!
Can't wait to read "The PM3 are in production..."
:spyder: adds color to your knife addiction :D
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

munchs wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:
munchs wrote:

sal"
Lil military sounds good to me since it will be the true smaller version of the military. :)
I've been waiting for this model to come out for more than 10 years right after I fell in love with Mili... :eek: :cool:
What we know is a ball park size and the name has not been decided...the final product has not been seen by any end users...

I don't know what it resembles more. mili or Para2...personally I hope it be more like smaller military.
Quite a few people have seen it. I have seen it, held it and even fondled it a little. It is a smaller Para2. It looks like you put a Para2 in the dryer and shrunk it. It has all the same features as the Para2. It was a prototype but I was led to believe that it was pretty much what we are gonna get. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
munchs wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:
munchs wrote:

sal"

Quite a few people have seen it. I have seen it, held it and even fondled it a little. It is a smaller Para2. It looks like you put a Para2 in the dryer and shrunk it. It has all the same features as the Para2. It was a prototype but I was led to believe that it was pretty much what we are gonna get. :)
This.

Can't wait.

Thanks Darby.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
sal

Post by sal »

Thanx Darby. That's why we like some afi's to actually see and hold protos.

sal
elena86

Post by elena86 »

May we at least know the blade lenght and cutting edge ? I am waiting for this one for a loooong time !
Last edited by elena86 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nasgul

Post by Nasgul »

I'll prefer to know the closed size and blade lenght.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Mid Year catalog maybe? (hopefully?)
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Doc Dan wrote:Mid Year catalog maybe? (hopefully?)
That'd be great. Fingers crossed!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
munchs

Post by munchs »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
munchs wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:
munchs wrote:

sal"

I'm so anxious to get one of these in my hand. thnaks for the info.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

No problem munchs. It is gonna be a big hit for sure. People have been clamouring for a 3 inch compression lock model for a while.

Sal, thanks for the promotion from knife geek to afi. You can show me all the protos you want anytime you want.

Nasgul and Elena. Sorry, I didn't take any measurements or anything but it had a three inch blade. I do remember that. So think 3 inch blade with a definite choil. Everything else including the handle seemed proportionally the same as a Para2 just shrunk down if that helps.

Lets get this thread back to just bombshells now. ;)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Nasgul

Post by Nasgul »

Thanks bearfacedkiller !
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

From BF:
Sal wrote:It's in-the-works. Will be made in Golden. Will be called the "Minuteman", a suggestion from a forumite.

sal

From "PM3 Perhaps?":
sal wrote:The 3" blade smaller Para is in-the-works. We have decided to take the suggestion of one of our forumites and call it the "Minuteman".

sal
Going back to Caly.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

What exactly means "in-the-works" ?
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

elena86 wrote:What exactly means "in-the-works" ?
There is a prototype and the demand is high. This leads me to think "sooner than later". I would uneducatedly guess we see the PM3 (Minuteman) before May 2016
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

The Paramilitary 3. I got to handle the prototype the same day that Darby did. Cool little knife...it's going to be quite popular. Like Darby said, it's pretty much a pm2 that went through a shrink machine.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

It's going to be regular production, yet it's not in the catalog
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

elena86 wrote:It's going to be regular production, yet it's not in the catalog
Happens all the time.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Sorry I did not specify the thread I quoted that from on Blade Forums - it came from "Paramilitary 3" thread, page 4, post #65. (Not sure if I should post direct links to other outside forums here...)

But "in-the-works" must mean it has moved past just being a thought and idea, and they are "working" on validation testing mules for what may work best as the production knife!

And by the way, I am sure they must have so many knives "in-the-works" for years to come! Not just the current catalogs.
Similar to how an automobile company is designing and working on vehicles for 2020, etc...
Going back to Caly.
Nasgul

Post by Nasgul »

It look like I will own a Minuteman !
Look like I will love everything about it ! Including his name !