CS Exclusive Orange Paramilitary 2 DLC CTS-XHP

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RamZar

Re: CS Exclusive Orange Paramilitary 2 DLC CTS-XHP

Post by RamZar »

A month and a half after release and there's still some of these ParaMilitary2 Black CTS-XHP/Orange G-10 left! Once again, the price ($175), black coated blade and okay steel are working against it. I dare say the BladeHQ ParaMilitary2 CPM-M4/Natural G-10 at $149.99 will sell out much faster perhaps within a week or less.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
jimmyjohnjohn

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

That's because CPM-M4 is like having a light saber in your pocket. :)
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

jimmyjohnjohn wrote:That's because CPM-M4 is like having a light saber in your pocket. :)

And I almost said that there's never a risk with an M4 blade, either! :p
But... unfortunately the Air didn't fly off the shelves just because of blade steel.
Going back to Caly.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

jimmyjohnjohn wrote:Sounds to me like they were priced right. 30-60 day inventory depletion is about right.
My wallet hates to agree, but you're right. They would have flown out the door (and onto eBay) at, say, $150. In the long run that's not good for anyone.
WCC

Post by WCC »

I am pleasantly surprised at the amazing quality control of the CS exclusive. They are even better than some of my other sprints. Just perfect in every way, from opening to precision free-fall control of the blade – not too much and not too little.
I think that I will just swop out one, replacing the orange scales with some camo ones. :D
palonej

Post by palonej »

Have to agree with the WCC!!
I have 5 PM2s.....the CS version has the best detent, smoothest action, the most even edge grind and is the sharpest of all!!
The action was absolutely perfect with no need to lube or adjust!
My favorite Para by far......
NiallRiv

Post by NiallRiv »

Gotta agree with you guys there. Out of the 6 I've owned, this one has far and away the best/smoothest action. Its funny though, how once you get used to the action of a knife, it really becomes it's own unique feel. For example compared to my CTS-204P Para which has a very hard detent, making for lightning fast spydie flick deployment and ROCK solid lock up (THUNKY). Where-as the CS Para just pops open with a precise "click" and falls closed on its own and "clicks" into its closed position (CLICKY).
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

spyderHS08 wrote:Not sure how I missed this topic.....luckily got an order placed but was told today there is only about ten pieces left. Fellas if your on the fence, you better get one before they're gone!

This was almost a month ago. I'm thinking whoever told you that was exaggerating :D
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

I don't know about the quantity, but it still shows as in stock for purchase on their web site today.
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

jalcon wrote:
spyderHS08 wrote:Not sure how I missed this topic.....luckily got an order placed but was told today there is only about ten pieces left. Fellas if your on the fence, you better get one before they're gone!

This was almost a month ago. I'm thinking whoever told you that was exaggerating :D
Lol dang it! They saw me coming. Haha oh well I needed one anyway, let my orange manix go for it and came out well on top :)
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Man...I remember trying so hard to get one of these that morning. ****, their site was like crashed.....heck it turns out that at the time, I could have waited until NEXT YEAR to buy one, LOL.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Ah new years jokes...
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

RamZar wrote:A month and a half after release and there's still some of these ParaMilitary2 Black CTS-XHP/Orange G-10 left! Once again, the price ($175), black coated blade and okay steel are working against it. I dare say the BladeHQ ParaMilitary2 CPM-M4/Natural G-10 at $149.99 will sell out much faster perhaps within a week or less.

XHP is actually one of my favorite steels. I'd rate it a lot better than "ok".
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

TomAiello wrote:
RamZar wrote:A month and a half after release and there's still some of these ParaMilitary2 Black CTS-XHP/Orange G-10 left! Once again, the price ($175), black coated blade and okay steel are working against it. I dare say the BladeHQ ParaMilitary2 CPM-M4/Natural G-10 at $149.99 will sell out much faster perhaps within a week or less.

You're right. I should've said XHP relative to M4.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

RamZar wrote:
TomAiello wrote:

Unless you need corrosion resistance...

This message brought to you by forumites-for-not-unequivocally-ranking-one-steel-above-another club.
BTG

Post by BTG »

I think the 175$ hurt it some, but I think the fact that there are so many knives dropping you really have to be a little selective, I don't know how many times I thought I should get another, since they're still available,and is one of my favorites, but the price doesn't stop me, it's the Nirvana, Mantra, 40th anniversary N5, Millie sprint, all the s110's , Hap 40's..not to mention other Excusives yet to come....it was kinda slow over the summer but since September ...crazy
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

tvenuto wrote:
RamZar wrote:
TomAiello wrote:

This message brought to you by forumites-for-not-unequivocally-ranking-one-steel-above-another club.
It's a personal preference issue based on likes and usage. Thank goodness we have so many choices!
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

A big amen to that!
RamZar wrote:
tvenuto wrote:
RamZar wrote:
TomAiello wrote:

It's a personal preference issue based on likes and usage. Thank goodness we have so many choices!
Slone

Post by Slone »

...Just got mine and I feel very pleased & content.:)

Very nice orange tone.
Out of the box: Sharper then a Nilakka (with his 31°vs. 10°)
XHP Looks like a amazing steel.
Pin centered blade.
Mine need som break'n & adjustment because a bit stif.
First thing who stroked me was the grip....more then a other PM2's
(Som noticed different smel but I've got a cold, sorry chumps you gonna have to smel it yourself)
Probably the orange mix is a bit more goowy...!? Thus giving a nice rubberized "Spyder-sticky" feel on the grab.
The lock goes more to the center of the blade...it pinched me the thirst few times....so again a few light adjustments.

Almost thinking about adding a STHIL logo to make it more "friendly tool looking" ! :D
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Welcome to the forum Slone and couldn't agree with you more, such a unique PM2, I like it so much I bought two, just in case I lose one ;) :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."