New guy, my first Spydercos(3) pics and a question about the edge on 1

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
On Edge

Re: New guy, my first Spydercos(3) pics and a question about the edge on 1

Post by On Edge »

Welcome Chris.
Great start ... and no worries on any of those ... a couple sharpenings and there will be no deviation ... with the exception of your additional Spydies that is ...
Shockwave

Post by Shockwave »

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my choice of knives. Spyderco definitely makes it hard with so many great models. I see some more in my future for sure. I'm digging the Sage 1, Gayle Bradley 2, and the Native 5. I'm going to try out some Spydie serrations as well. Probably on an Endura and Delica very soon.

Sal= Wow, thanks for the kind welcome!! Very cool to get a greeting from the founder of such a great company. I am definitely enjoying my time here on the forum, reading and learning about knives and Spyderco.

Spydernut= Thank you. It's good to find such a great forum. I'm almost 2 hours east of Coldwater, in St. Clair Shores.

HarleyXJGuy= I assume you ride from the screen name. What kind of bike(s) ya got? I have a 2007 Electra Glide Classic that I bought new. I've had sport bikes and others as well.

One of my favorite threads here is the photo of the week. I'm blown away at some of them. Just awesome. I tried my hand at it but I only have a iphone6 to use. Here is a pic below of some 'Murica :)

endgame

Post by endgame »

That tip is great for slicing packages open it will wear in time.hold on to the gb folder its discontinued and a great piece .remember its not stainless so it will patena and atore its with renasaince oil and silicone packets so no rust.or use and abuse the piece it sure can cut.have fun .say high to Sal he is the guy you will be giving all youre money to soon.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Hey Chris, welcome from another Michigander!

You have any brick and mortar knife shops or Spyderco dealers near you? Not much left by me, other than Bass Pro now... wish I could find a good shop with selection in SE MI.

I see you have a H-D key in your flag shot. I've got an '02 Deuce (may put up for sale in spring) and a '57 XL that was my dad's.
Going back to Caly.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Shockwave wrote:Thanks everyone for the compliments on my choice of knives. Spyderco definitely makes it hard with so many great models. I see some more in my future for sure. I'm digging the Sage 1, Gayle Bradley 2, and the Native 5. I'm going to try out some Spydie serrations as well. Probably on an Endura and Delica very soon.

Sal= Wow, thanks for the kind welcome!! Very cool to get a greeting from the founder of such a great company. I am definitely enjoying my time here on the forum, reading and learning about knives and Spyderco.

Spydernut= Thank you. It's good to find such a great forum. I'm almost 2 hours east of Coldwater, in St. Clair Shores.

HarleyXJGuy= I assume you ride from the screen name. What kind of bike(s) ya got? I have a 2007 Electra Glide Classic that I bought new. I've had sport bikes and others as well.

One of my favorite threads here is the photo of the week. I'm blown away at some of them. Just awesome. I tried my hand at it but I only have a iphone6 to use. Here is a pic below of some 'Murica :)

Great pic Shockwave!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Shockwave

Post by Shockwave »

SpeedHoles wrote:Hey Chris, welcome from another Michigander!

You have any brick and mortar knife shops or Spyderco dealers near you? Not much left by me, other than Bass Pro now... wish I could find a good shop with selection in SE MI.

I see you have a H-D key in your flag shot. I've got an '02 Deuce (may put up for sale in spring) and a '57 XL that was my dad's.
Thanks. I don't know of any, but I looked on the website and it says a hardware store just 2 miles from me is an authorized dealer I may check them out but I don't imagine them having anything in stock, maybe a few, I'll have to check. Also a place up in Shelby Twp. I haven't been there either. Looks like a gun shop. I have been sticking with kw, cs, and bhq, for my shopping. I would love to support local. Maybe the new map pricing will open up some options for us to hold these knives before we buy em.

To bad you might sell your Duece. Everyone's situation is different though so I understand. And you'll still have the XL. I hope I never have to even think about selling mine. I want to buried with mine.

Where are you at in Michigan?
Shockwave

Post by Shockwave »

Spydergirl88 wrote:Great pic Shockwave!
Thank you. I'm a sucker for U.S. Made stuff. That's another big reason I gravitated to Spyderco. To me they have great U.S. Made knives at a fair price.

I just bought a G-10 Native 5 a few minutes ago. Should be here Wednsday. My rationale was I had to back out of a beer festival today, I do snow removal and I'll be working for the first time this season in a little bit. I used the money I saved by not going out today/tonight and bought it. I want to try out and have a few different steels and popular models as well. It was a no brainier :)
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Shockwave wrote:

Thanks. I don't know of any, but I looked on the website and it says a hardware store just 2 miles from me is an authorized dealer I may check them out but I don't imagine them having anything in stock, maybe a few, I'll have to check. Also a place up in Shelby Twp. I haven't been there either. Looks like a gun shop. I have been sticking with kw, cs, and bhq, for my shopping. I would love to support local. Maybe the new map pricing will open up some options for us to hold these knives before we buy em.

To bad you might sell your Duece. Everyone's situation is different though so I understand. And you'll still have the XL. I hope I never have to even think about selling mine. I want to buried with mine.

I'll have to search around Shelby.

I'm up in northern Oakland Co. - Lake Orion/Oxford area. How about you?

Oh, and the Native 5 was a great choice. Awesome med. size knife that feels great in use. Don't limit yourself just to the Golden models, there is a whole span of awesome knives out there!
Going back to Caly.
Shockwave

Post by Shockwave »

SpeedHoles wrote:
Shockwave wrote:

I'll have to search around Shelby.

I'm up in northern Oakland Co. - Lake Orion/Oxford area. How about you?

Oh, and the Native 5 was a great choice. Awesome med. size knife that feels great in use. Don't limit yourself just to the Golden models, there is a whole span of awesome knives out there!
I'm in St. Clair Shores. Yea the Spyderco website lists it as Close Quarter Tactical in Shelby Twp. as a authorized dealer.

It's a nice area down here but I'm far away from places like you mentioned Bass Pro Shop. That place is awesome. But if I'm up that way I'm usually flying up or down I-75 tryin to get up north or back home. I gotta make a trip there.

Does Bass Pro Shop sell Spyderco?
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Yeah, Bass Pro has some Spydercos, but last time I was in there they only had like a few plain-jane Delicas and Enduras, and a ParaMilitary 2. Not a great selection, and prices were STEEP. Even more than what MAP would be.

There is a new Gander Mountain in the Madison Heights area also, but I haven't been in there yet to see the selection or if they even carry Spyderco.

There is a place up near Flint (in Burton) called Rockys, which has motorcycle gear, and also outdoor/camping stuff. And at one point several years ago they had a somewhat big selection of decent knives, but very few Spydercos. Haven't been there in years though...
Going back to Caly.