Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
coprtoppe

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Post by coprtoppe »

SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Going back to Caly.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
jasonp1

Post by jasonp1 »

A Spyderco Native with "original natives" some a couple of thousand years old.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

That's very cool. I had an uncle who lived in Seven Sisters, south of San Antonio, who found a lot of arrowheads. Did you find those yourself?
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
jasonp1

Post by jasonp1 »

yep, there are a few local guys who go around and find ranchers willing to allow digs on their property. Once they find one and confirm a camp site, they send out an email advising of their new dig site. They charge a premium but its a blast looking for them.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Shot this pig this morning. No, I did not skin it.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
kosta

Post by kosta »

The photographer iphone 4S is made
EVIL1

Post by EVIL1 »

GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

^^^ha ha GS, this makes twice I've tried to show my wife one of your halloween pics here only to find a different but just as good one in its place :D , or maybe I've got it confused with the What's in your pocket thread -- I did think the Reese Cup wrapper fit perfectly in that category :p ... sorry I didn't come up with a halloween theme this time.

K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Thanks Doug, I've had lots of trouble deciding which picture to use this week...
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

GoldenSpydie wrote:Thanks Doug, I've had lots of trouble deciding which picture to use this week...
I haven't had enough good photos lately to have that problem, but if I did I definitely would :) On a related note, just this morning I was thinking about starting a thread to petition Kristi and the other powers that be to let us submit at least two or preferably three pictures for the annual calendar contest. That way each person could submit a more conservative, conventional pic and one or two very creative or off-the-wall pics that might be either instantly rejectable or great works of art. I suspect that some submitters reject great photo ideas because they're afraid they're too far out there where the buses don't go. I think it would increase the excitement of participating and result in an even more exciting and enjoyable calendar every year. I think you've convinced me to go start that thread :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
ScottG

Post by ScottG »

Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

Well, it's Sunday night (here), so it's time to announce the winners of this week.
First, I would like to say that it was very difficult,this week there were very good pictures ...

The winner is JAfromMN with his old and reliable Military...
JAfromMN wrote:Image
And the runner-up goes to jasonp1 with his Native and the other "original natives"...
jasonp1 wrote:A Spyderco Native with "original natives" some a couple of thousand years old.
Congratulations to all, I enjoyed a lot watching all the photos...great work guys!
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Thanks Filoso

I'm looking forward to judging next week.
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

I'll go first
kosta

Post by kosta »

I congratulate winners. Good photos.
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Congrat's to the winners and thanks to Filoso for judging for the first time :)
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon