CS Exclusive Orange Paramilitary 2 DLC CTS-XHP

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
camvdcs

Re: CS Exclusive Orange Paramilitary 2 DLC CTS-XHP

Post by camvdcs »

Did anyone order the orange para from CS and got their shipping info yet? I ordered the orange para from CS on Friday late afternoon but no shipping info yet.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Add in the DLC coating and that is usually $10 per knife which would take the s110v at $159 to $169 and then the Orange G10 and it is priced about right. Selfishly we all want to pay black G10/ satin s30v price for sprints but remember CS or whoever laid down the cash up front for these, so the ultimate goal is for them to make money. Just think if Bento had done the same sprint...and add $100 to the price tag!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

delete
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
BTG

Post by BTG »

twinboysdad wrote:Add in the DLC coating and that is usually $10 per knife which would take the s110v at $159 to $169 and then the Orange G10 and it is priced about right. Selfishly we all want to pay black G10/ satin s30v price for sprints but remember CS or whoever laid down the cash up front for these, so the ultimate goal is for them to make money. Just think if Bento had done the same sprint...and add $100 to the price tag!
I had no issues with the 175...after all it is an exclusive and a great color combination....I also noticed while on the CS site, that their s110v's, while they are pre-order again, are very reasonably priced at 137.50...so I pre-ordered another, so I can start EDC'ing the one I have.....was going to wait for #2 to show up...but I didn't make it.
hudsonhawk

Post by hudsonhawk »

BTG wrote:
twinboysdad wrote:Add in the DLC coating and that is usually $10 per knife which would take the s110v at $159 to $169 and then the Orange G10 and it is priced about right. Selfishly we all want to pay black G10/ satin s30v price for sprints but remember CS or whoever laid down the cash up front for these, so the ultimate goal is for them to make money. Just think if Bento had done the same sprint...and add $100 to the price tag!
I had no issues with the 175...after all it is an exclusive and a great color combination....I also noticed while on the CS site, that their s110v's, while they are pre-order again, are very reasonably priced at 137.50...so I pre-ordered another, so I can start EDC'ing the one I have.....was going to wait for #2 to show up...but I didn't make it.
CS's price on the S110 is one of the best I've seen.

I did find it interesting that the MSRP Spyderco set for the S110 and the XHP DLC exclusive are the same.
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Most recently added and enjoying: CF Cruwear Manix 2 and LW Manix 2
Daily Carry: Blue CF Domino and well-loved Manix 2 LW.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Spook410 wrote:These were interesting but had to consider the upcoming M4 model in natural jade G10 (something I very much like) and the new S110V. Both at lower price points and with better steels. And that might have made me question CS's pricing except for the fact that they will sell every single one rather quickly. Shows what I know about retail..
We will see how fast these sell out. At $175 they may move more slowly than a a lot of earlier sprints and exclusives.
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

JNewell wrote:
Spook410 wrote:These were interesting but had to consider the upcoming M4 model in natural jade G10 (something I very much like) and the new S110V. Both at lower price points and with better steels. And that might have made me question CS's pricing except for the fact that they will sell every single one rather quickly. Shows what I know about retail..
We will see how fast these sell out. At $175 they may move more slowly than a a lot of earlier sprints and exclusives.
Having an S110V PM2 in production and a couple of M4 sprints on the horizon may have dampened what would have otherwise been a feeding frenzy for the orange/DLC para.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

If these do last they will be one of those exclusives that people think will be around forever until one day they're gone then the real frenzy will begin. There have been a few that the exact same thing has happened and look at the prices of them now.

I've decided that I'm going to buy two of all future sprints and exclusives, I figure I can always get my money back out if needed.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SG89

Post by SG89 »

The Bento exclusive Elmax pm2 is only $24 more than the CS dlc CTS XHP pm2... Just saying. Did it cost more than $199 previously?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SG89

Post by SG89 »

farnorthdan wrote:
I've decided that I'm going to buy two of all future sprints and exclusives, I figure I can always get my money back out if needed.
^this^ :cool:
Spydergirl88
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
The Bento exclusive Elmax pm2 is only $24 more than the CS dlc CTS XHP pm2... Just saying. Did it cost more than $199 previously?
No that was the initial price.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Bile Bob

Post by Bile Bob »

farnorthdan wrote:If these do last they will be one of those exclusives that people think will be around forever until one day they're gone then the real frenzy will begin. There have been a few that the exact same thing has happened and look at the prices of them now.

If 1200 are made it will take longer. I'm not sure I think of 1200 as limited or not?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Bile Bob wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:If these do last they will be one of those exclusives that people think will be around forever until one day they're gone then the real frenzy will begin. There have been a few that the exact same thing has happened and look at the prices of them now.

If 1200 are made it will take longer. I'm not sure I think of 1200 as limited or not?
Technically it is an exclusive.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
WCC

Post by WCC »

NiallRiv wrote:It appears to me someone must have already bought it, or it was taken down again, because I'm not seeing it.
Looks like it as the best offer was accepted - you can see it under completed listings.
camvdcs wrote:Did anyone order the orange para from CS and got their shipping info yet? I ordered the orange para from CS on Friday late afternoon but no shipping info yet.
Not yet. I tried to order via the website on Friday when it crashed so phoned in a bit later and placed my order with them. The lady said they will be processing the telephone orders later, but I still haven't received any notifications confirming my order or shipping info for that matter.
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

camvdcs wrote:Did anyone order the orange para from CS and got their shipping info yet? I ordered the orange para from CS on Friday late afternoon but no shipping info yet.
They mentioned on facebook that the knives are en route from Spyderco and they expect to start shipping mid-week.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

senorsquare wrote:
JNewell wrote:
Having an S110V PM2 in production and a couple of M4 sprints on the horizon may have dampened what would have otherwise been a feeding frenzy for the orange/DLC para.
I think that's definitely a factor and should have been included in my comment! :D
endgame

Post by endgame »

Since im in a paypal despute with custom spyderco all my moneys tied up I just scored two nib spyderwrenches I should have only got one but I had to for the rarity just popped up in the wrong time .if anyone wants one pm me
flatearth

Post by flatearth »

I ordered one Friday morning, temporary authorization was placed on my CC soon afterwards. Check my account today and the $175 has been fully charged, but no shipping notification. Someone said that these are shipping out later this week. I don't like to be charged fully unless the item has actually shipped /sadface
SG89

Post by SG89 »

flatearth wrote:
I ordered one Friday morning, temporary authorization was placed on my CC soon afterwards. Check my account today and the $175 has been fully charged, but no shipping notification. Someone said that these are shipping out later this week. I don't like to be charged fully unless the item has actually shipped /sadface
Yeah that drives me nuts too. Hopefully they ship soon then
Spydergirl88
Scroop

Post by Scroop »

I got notification today!