Iphone 6s or 6s+

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
DRKBC

Re: Iphone 6s or 6s+

Post by DRKBC »

Evil D wrote:
DRKBC wrote:
Evil D wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:Another Android fan here. I've got a Galaxy S5 and I really like it. It is fairly large, but not as large as the Note4 or 6s. Like David, I carry mine in my front left pocket with the screen side positioned against my thigh to prevent accidental trauma to the screen. For added protection, I have it securely set up in an Otterbox case with Gorilla Glass, which I would highly recommend to anyone. I sometimes carry it on my belt too, but then I get razzed by my family for looking like a dork. :rolleyes:

I'll never carry on my belt again. Back when the flip version of the Motorola Razr was the hot new phone, I had one and clipped it to my hip. I was driving my Mustang one day and was in Taco Bell drive through and the **** thing stalled on me and flooded out. So I jumped out and started pushing it out of the drive through lane, and I bumped my hip on the door jam. I looked down just in time to see the back wheel roll over my phone and crush it.
LOL that's not good at all, one of those stories that's only funny about a year after it happens.
Good point, definitely worth getting the plan these days when you are talking about phones that cost almost a grand.

It's amazing how they got us to this point isn't it? We did with out them for years nowadays you buy a new phone and from that day forward they increase the complexity of the software, build all sorts of "feature rich" applications that require a more powerful CPU, then they fancy up the gizmos to the point that your state of the art phone well ... it is started to gasp for air. Just about then, your 2 years are up so on to the next one and the cycle repeats.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

DRKBC wrote:
Good point, definitely worth getting the plan these days when you are talking about phones that cost almost a grand.

It's amazing how they got us to this point isn't it? We did with out them for years nowadays you buy a new phone and from that day forward they increase the complexity of the software, build all sorts of "feature rich" applications that require a more powerful CPU, then they fancy up the gizmos to the point that your state of the art phone well ... it is started to gasp for air. Just about then, your 2 years are up so on to the next one and the cycle repeats.

Yep, all for a bunch of stuff that you don't NEED but sure do make life easier depending on what features you use. Phones these days are basically portable computers. I'm really surprised tablets took off the way they did since most cell phones can do anything a tablet can do, but I guess tablets are eating at laptop sales and not phone sales.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

DRKBC wrote: I see that as a big advantage, I read something about most app's not being formatted to fit the larger screen, I think meaning they are the size they would appear on an 6s does that sound right? Do you find the physical size of the phone an issue for you?
I don't have a cell phone, use an iPod Touch 6, but a remarkable number of my friends all bought the 6+ phones. I've only used the browser, camera, and Google Earth apps on their phones, but they all seemed to use the entire screen. One friend doesn't take a laptop anymore when he travels, says the 6+ can do it all for him.

The size is pretty daunting, but I think it would disappear in a coat or jacket's standard inside pocket.
Echo63

Post by Echo63 »

I got the 6S+
My wife got the 6S

The 6S+ has a nice screen, a really really nice screen.
Its huge though, in a lifeproof case its even bigger.
I am happy with it though, fits my huge hands quite well

The 6S is a good choice if you want the phone to fit comfortably in a normal front pocket.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Echo63 wrote:I got the 6S+
My wife got the 6S

The 6S+ has a nice screen, a really really nice screen.
Its huge though, in a lifeproof case its even bigger.
I am happy with it though, fits my huge hands quite well

The 6S is a good choice if you want the phone to fit comfortably in a normal front pocket.
I think I am going to brave it and go with the 6S+, hopefully the size disadvantage will be enough of an advantage to make me not regret it but I find now that I am constantly enlarging things on t the web to read them on my 5s and showing clients photos on it is really not great they are just too small.

When it is going to be a disadvantage is for sports, so I may switch to an IPod there and also when I am on a job site but that said my work pants have extra pockets and they are larger so that may not be a huge issue, if I find it to be I guess I could add a Bluetooth.