Spydercos hunting (blood spoiler)

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
BadFish

Spydercos hunting (blood spoiler)

Post by BadFish »

Time to showcase some spydies being used for hunting fishing.

Liquid Cobra

Re: Spydercos hunting (blood spoiler)

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Is squirrel as delicious as it looks?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

We call them limb chickens.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Just curious did you skin with the Dragonfly or the mule?
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

I skin them with my hands. Mule takes the feet, tail head off. Dragon fly makes a small incision in the back. Insert fingers and peel.
kjd2121

Post by kjd2121 »

Mmmmm Yum.... wait... NO
Studey

Post by Studey »

BadFish wrote:We call them limb chickens.
LOL we call them tree rats!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

The chicken of the trees.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
jimwil

Post by jimwil »

Why did you call them the chicken of the trees? Does this taste like chicken or what?

Last edited by jimwil on Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

I'm curious as to the prep and taste as well. Always wanted to try one, but I'm not very adventurous when it comes to new food.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

BadFish wrote:I skin them with my hands. Mule takes the feet, tail head off. Dragon fly makes a small incision in the back. Insert fingers and peel.
Having actual done this when I was a kid, I feel really dumb for asking lol. I was just in knife mode.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
BTG

Post by BTG »

bearfacedkiller wrote:The chicken of the trees.

When I saw this I thought to myself...must be bearfacedkillers house !!
image.jpeg
bearfacedkiller

That is great!!!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bearfacedkiller

I do most of my fishing in the winter. :D

-Darby
bearfacedkiller

Grouse hunting with a .357!

I didn't get any pics of my Mule Deer this year but did take a pic of the Mule Knife after field dressing. It was super warm out so I had to get it out of the woods and home fast.

-Darby
bearfacedkiller

Great elk hunt this year. Weather was beautiful until it was time to pack it out. About two miles each way. Four trips with meat and one with camping gear. Probably 70 pounds per trip. It was mostly downhill coming out with the weight though. Good times! The S110V Mule did most of the work boning it out. Sure enough she wandered just far enough to fall and get stuck halfway down a hill.

-Darby
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

BTG wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:The chicken of the trees.

When I saw this I thought to myself...must be bearfacedkillers house !!
image.jpeg
ROFL! :D. My wife will love this! (She's an avid deer hunter). :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

This was first posted in the Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest! thread and I probably offended the sensibilities of some, so I am moving it here in this more appropriate thread.

Cousin Dave baptizing my Moran on a doe his wife shot opening weekend.

He had forgotten his roll of skinning knives so I loaned him my new Spyderco Bill Moran drop point. After using it a while, he commented, "I've gotta get me one of these." High praise coming from someone who has probably processed scores of deer and hogs.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Three years ago, Cousin Dave built a corral style hog trap for me.
Yesterday, we trapped our 107th hog, a young 125 pound boar.
Given the time, Cousin Dave likes to process game on the premises using the gutless method.

My SE Tenacious was in my pocket so I suggested we try out a serrated blade on this noble beast
as I had read on this forum that they were good for skinning.

Cousin Dave made quick work of it and agreed that the SE was superior
for cutting through boar bristles and the hide and for skinning,
but where it really shined was cutting through the ligaments, tendons and cartilage of the joints.

When separating muscles to remove the shoulders and hams, he reverted to a plain edge.
He said the SE would cut it with no problem but he wanted a smooth slice.

The best thing is that the trap works while I sleep
and we only have to drag the carcass 15 feet or so to load it into the Intimidator UTV.
The receiver on the front of my Wrangler was handy for mounting Cousin Dave's game processing winch.

Free range, organic pork, cold beer and fellowship. A great afternoon, indeed.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

The 130 pound sow was coming straight at Cousin Dave and had gotten to within a heart stopping ten yards
when he dropped her with his 30-06 Friday.
He used the backup Byrd CaraCara from my glove compartment for the honors.