Chris Reeve Professional Soldier?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SpyderEdgeForever

Chris Reeve Professional Soldier?

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I was looking at this knife:

http://chrisreeve.com/Professional-Soldier" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://chrisreeve.com/Professional-Soldier" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What do you think? It retails at 195 dollars, and is one-piece. Would you say this is a good everyday carry, emergency kit, and outdoor sporting and emergency tactical knife that is worth every dollar?

CPM S35VN Stainless Steel
SpyderEdgeForever

Re: Chris Reeve Professional Soldier?

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Also, some claim that blade is "Hollow Ground" but it looks like it also has some Saber-Grind like stuff going on. How would you classify it exactly?
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

It looks exactly like a Benchmade folder blade on a fixed blade.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Looks like a fairly nice slab of S35 and that drop point variant looks very useful.... but there's plenty of competition in that price range and for the money I'd want some nice grips on there. ;)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

I think it looks great but the price is too high for me.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I'd rather have a Nyala. ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

No way I would even think about that one. Looks too much like that big old blocky thing Bench made makes in a folder. The way to test a knife is pick it and squeeze it with your hand as hard as possible for a minute or so and see how many places on your hand are killing you
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

If you tried to give me this one free as a gift I might take to keep from hurting your feelings but then I would put it in the glove Compart of the car to open mail or throw it in my tackle box because thats about all I think.its good forfor
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

I'd say it's only priced that high because of the name on the blade. If you're looking for a fixed blade look at tops knives. They have a lot of great designs for a halfway decent price.