CS Exclusive Orange Paramilitary 2 DLC CTS-XHP

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

Re: CS Exclusive Orange Paramilitary 2 DLC CTS-XHP

Post by Liquid Cobra »

It's funny how all of a sudden multiple people are selling orange para 2's over on BF's. Its almost as though they're scared they won't be able to turn a profit soon..
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Always wanted an orange one, but wasn't willing to pay the secondary market prices. Glad another orange one is coming out (although I'm ambivalent on the coating)!
adam569

Post by adam569 »

I guess I'm gonna start stalking this thread now since I got my s110v. I wanna get the jade/m4 version to but this kinda moved it down a notch.
Recent purchases: orange dragonfly 2, CS exclusive paramilitary2, black g10 large chinese lum :spyder:
Wish list: Manix 2 cruwear, navaja, SB delica and SB Caly 3.5 :spyder:
Top 3 edc : s110v paramilitary2 , orange vg10 dragonfly, and Cruwear military :spyder:
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Someone must be a Bengals fan.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Happy Halloween PM2! Wish they were giving those out instead of candy lol
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

If i remember correctly the original orange para 2s price increased as more were sold..... first day was a super low price
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

One of my favorite color combinations! I'm definitely looking forward to this one!
:bug-red-white
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Popsickle wrote:If i remember correctly the original orange para 2s price increased as more were sold..... first day was a super low price
I doubt they will make that mistake again. Now they know what have. Back then, the Para was still kinda new wasn't it?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

IIRC, the introductory price for the first CS orange Para 2 was $117 shipped! :eek:
:bug-red-white
bh49

Post by bh49 »

gbelleh wrote:IIRC, the introductory price for the first CS orange Para 2 was $117 shipped! :eek:
You remember correctly
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
bornagainprimative

Post by bornagainprimative »

Also tempting...
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

Being an SF Giants fan and all, this is a very tempting combination. But the jade/m4 is also going to be quite the knife. How can one choose?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Bradley wrote:Being an SF Giants fan and all, this is a very tempting combination. But the jade/m4 is also going to be quite the knife. How can one choose?
No choosing here, must have one of each, start squirreling away dollars now so by the time they drop you won't have to choose, hoping the drops are spaced far enough apart.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
endgame

Post by endgame »

Liquid Cobra wrote:It's funny how all of a sudden multiple people are selling orange para 2's over on BF's. Its almost as though they're scared they won't be able to turn a profit soon..
Donut

Post by Donut »

Popsickle wrote:If i remember correctly the original orange para 2s price increased as more were sold..... first day was a super low price
I believe we were allowed to pre-order these. I think I remember waiting 2 or 3 months before they started shipping.

I placed my order 12/29/2011: PARA-MILITARY 2 - C81GPOR2 - CTS-XHP Blade - Orange G-10 Handle - Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive - LIMITED TIME SPECIAL PRE-ORDER PRICING

I got a shipping notice: 04/16/2012

I also believe the Pre-order sold out in 6 or 7 days.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Donut

Post by Donut »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
I doubt they will make that mistake again. Now they know what have. Back then, the Para was still kinda new wasn't it?
If by 2 to 4 years old, then yes. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Donut wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:
If by 2 to 4 years old, then yes. :)
Yeah I was just guessing as I wasn't a knife guy at the time so I wasn't around. But didn't the para 2 take a little while to pick up steam and become the phenomenon it is today? Or was it hot out of the gate? I'm curious to know if people that bought the orange para at that time thought they could sell them later down the road for $300 +.

@liquid_cobra
Donut

Post by Donut »

I think it was pretty darn popular right out of the gate, but what sells it is word of mouth and customer opinion. So yeah, it took a little while to build up steam. Also, now it might even have a little hype into it.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
346ci

Post by 346ci »

If anyone was wondering, I called Cutlery Shoppe today. They are not taking pre orders for this one, when Spyderco has let them know the knives are coming, they will add inventory to the website. No ETA...
Looking for orange Spydercos
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

From Cutlery Shoppe's Facebook page:

@liquid_cobra