Will the new smaller PM2 have S110V?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Will the new smaller PM2 have S110V?

Post by Doc Dan »

Does anyone know if the upcoming smaller PM2 will have the S110V and Royal Blue scales? I hope so, very much.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
endgame

Re: Will the new smaller PM2 have S110V?

Post by endgame »

Smaller pm2?
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Yeah, there was some discussion of a smaller PM2 with a 3" blade coming out at some point in the future.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Donut

Post by Donut »

I hope so.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

There was a prototype. There was some discussion on the PM3 on Blade a while back.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Looking forward to this one.Let's hope it's not just a dream project as the new Caly.Jr.The blade steel is less important but S110v would be awesome.
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

If this comes true, it will never leave my pocket. :cool:
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Spydersense wrote:If this comes true, it will never leave my pocket. :cool:
I feel exactly the same way. We need to lobby hard for this one.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SG89

Post by SG89 »

*20 years in the future* Hey guys the new PM7 is awesome :)
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

There was indeed a proto and I seen it! I won't say much but I will say that it looked exactly like you put a Para2 in the drier and shrunk it to a 3 inch blade. If all you saw was a photo you would just think it was a Para2 without something in the photo for size reference. I think people are gonna LOVE this one. I only got to handle it for a couple of minutes and it was a while ago but that is what I remember. I can't wait myself.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
flash900

Post by flash900 »

I am trying -- not entirely succeeding -- but trying to buy only folders with blades of 3-inches or less for pocket EDCing.

So a 3-inch Para 2 is a welcome development indeed, whatever the steel. Of course, S110V would be just great.

I am still eager to get the forthcoming Positron flipper, despite its 3.1-inch blade. But I don't understand why so many designers insist on making their smaller knives just over 3-inches instead of just under.
MattinLA

Post by MattinLA »

bearfacedkiller wrote:There was indeed a proto and I seen it! I won't say much but I will say that it looked exactly like you put a Para2 in the drier and shrunk it to a 3 inch blade. If all you saw was a photo you would just think it was a Para2 without something in the photo for size reference. I think people are gonna LOVE this one. I only got to handle it for a couple of minutes and it was a while ago but that is what I remember. I can't wait myself.
Did it have the same size spydie hole? The hole size and the ease of access is why I carry my PM2 now over my YO2...
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

I presume the PM3 would be S30V or S35VN as a standard production and then "if"/when it will be a great success the S110V version will follow soon presuming it will be a Golden made blade.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

MattinLA wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:There was indeed a proto and I seen it! I won't say much but I will say that it looked exactly like you put a Para2 in the drier and shrunk it to a 3 inch blade. If all you saw was a photo you would just think it was a Para2 without something in the photo for size reference. I think people are gonna LOVE this one. I only got to handle it for a couple of minutes and it was a while ago but that is what I remember. I can't wait myself.
Did it have the same size spydie hole? The hole size and the ease of access is why I carry my PM2 now over my YO2...
I don't really remember that well now. It was a proto so I am not even sure how much I should be saying and everything is subject to change anyhow. Plus, at this point my stellar memory can't remember that much anyway. I pretty much shared all I can remember.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

When this comes out it may replace everything.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

Oh man … I want this … not because I need more EDC choices … because I clearly have an affliction!
mts49

Post by mts49 »

My only hesitation from carrying the PM2 everyday is the length of the handle, it's just not the most comfortable to carry and does not "disappear" like other knives i own and carry. If it were 4.5 inches or less closed with a 3 inch blade, no question, i would carry it everyday. Yes, i do realize that what i am asking for here is nearly provided by the Delica4, but i love the one-handed open/close of the compression lock.
endgame

Post by endgame »

I love all pm2
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

All your mini-PM2 are belong to me...
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

I hope this one makes it to production. I want blue S110V and I want it now.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050