work knife suggestions.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Brock O Lee

Re: work knife suggestions.

Post by Brock O Lee »

tr4022 wrote:Am I the only person in the world who finds the Bradley folder impossible to close one-handed?
My Bradley took quite a few months to break in properly, now it is almost as easy to close as any other liner lock. Same with the Ti Military. Was very hard to close the first few months.

I am still fighting with the Tuff...
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

tr4022 wrote:Am I the only person in the world who finds the Bradley folder impossible to close one-handed?
It does take some getting use to, at first I had a difficult time closing mine but over time the knife broke in and I got the hang of where exactly to place my thumb on the liner lock for easy disengagement. Be patient and keep at it. :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
tr4022

Post by tr4022 »

Gentlemen, I bow to your greater knowledge and experience. I love the knife, don't get me wrong, but closin' that son-of-a-gun is a bear. I'll keep working at it, and thanks for the replies.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Here is one of the sellers pics of my harpy.

It should be here middle of next week.

HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

Sexy blade, would go well with a PE Millie.

Not a fan of the stainless scales though, got them on my first CE Endura.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

tr4022 wrote:Am I the only person in the world who finds the Bradley folder impossible to close one-handed? If you look at a scale with ease of closing at one end and lock strength at the other, the Bradley definitely falls much closer to the lock strength end than the sweet spot between the two. Just sayin'.

I will throw in a vote for the serrated Pacific Salt. Wonderful knife.

Tod
Just ordered a SE Pacific Salt, looking forward to using it hard, together with an ARK it will be my first H1..
I believe Bradley made the blade a pain to close for safety reasons so that it wouldn't close accidentally which I can appreciate but I personally considered it more dangerous after I had had problems closing my knife outside cutting some branches with rather cold hands in February. I cut out sort of a choil to reach the locking liner more easy and it is still a very safe lock but less likely to end up with an open blade which you can't put away.. ;)
I might try out the GB and the SE Pacific as a combo for some hard work.
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Tod,

Try the trick of brushing the lock aside. I can do it with both left or right hand. IIRC, i posted the trick over the BF thread.
Chris :spyder:
tr4022

Post by tr4022 »

anagarika wrote:Tod,

Try the trick of brushing the lock aside. I can do it with both left or right hand. IIRC, i posted the trick over the BF thread.

Thanks for the tip, Anagarika, I'll give it a try. Hmmm, looks like JAMinn already has his new knife, but the question now is, How long can we keep this thread goin'? Here's my contribution for the day.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

tr4022 wrote:
anagarika wrote:Tod,

Thanks for the tip, Anagarika, I'll give it a try. Hmmm, looks like JAMinn already has his new knife, but the question now is, How long can we keep this thread goin'? Here's my contribution for the day.

Lol I'm already rethinking the harpy as my work knife.

I know what I want now though and our boy Harley is letting me test his. MILITARY. I want mine in combo edge or fs
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Well there you go, the millie is a great knife. At first I didn't care much for them as an EDC but after making myself carry one for a while I really started to understand all the raves about it. The Ti fluted is what finally did it for me, yes the Millie is a large piece but the Ti fluted is very thin in the pocket, I started carrying in my back pocket and often forgot it was even there. Way to go Harley for offering the test ride, very generous of you.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Im kinda wishing /hoping Harley hasn't sent me his military yet. I don't want him to anymore.

The military he's sending me is his that he used in Afghanistan. I don't/can't risk using his knife on my work crap and breaking /losing it.

Its sentimental to him I'm sure. Much more than he will admit I'm sure.

I'm going to do some saving and try find a combo edge military .

Please don't send your Milly to me Rob. Id love to use it but I'd just break it man.

I more than appreciate the offer though bro. . :cool:
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

JAfromMN wrote:Im kinda wishing /hoping Harley hasn't sent me his military yet. I don't want him to anymore.

The military he's sending me is his that he used in Afghanistan. I don't/can't risk using his knife on my work crap and breaking /losing it.

Its sentimental to him I'm sure. Much more than he will admit.

Please don't send your Milly to me Rob.

Id love to use it but I'd just break it man.

Alot :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

Joel, if you find a SE military on your hunt for a combo edge let me know!
Cory

Upgrading to a Ti ATR once I sell my stainless ATR :)

JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Oops
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

dubya3 wrote:Joel, if you find a SE military on your hunt for a combo edge let me know!

If I find 2 serrated military's I'll let you know.

Id use serrated model. :spyder:
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Would you be interested in a g-10 Harpy? I believe Sal mentioned on BF that there will be a sprint. I'm not an se guy but I think I this one might convert me :)
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Johnnie1801 wrote:Would you be interested in a g-10 Harpy? I believe Sal mentioned on BF that there will be a sprint. I'm not an se guy but I think I this one might convert me :)

Now that I got a stainless one coming I am interested in a g10 harpy, stainless is cold in the winter. I'd also like to see a cheaper frn version as well.

I know there's the Tasman salt but I I'd prefer a delica 4 based model using vg10
Last edited by JAfromMN on Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Oops
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

I carry many of my knives to work, but I would say the most appropriate and ideal for the situation is the Ti/Damascus Delica. People can appreciate its looks and design, while not being intimidated by it.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

JAfromMN wrote:Im kinda wishing /hoping Harley hasn't sent me his military yet. I don't want him to anymore.

Its sentimental to him I'm sure. Much more than he will admit I'm sure.

Please don't send your Milly to me Rob. Id love to use it but I'd just break it man.

Well I was too late.

Harley says it's in the mail.

I'll be careful with it and I don't plan on using at work. At least for now.