Calendar contest?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Knivesinedc

Calendar contest?

Post by Knivesinedc »

I have my pic ready to submit for the calendar contest, but i cant find the post. Did i miss it? Please tell me I didn't miss it :confused:
Surfingringo

Re: Calendar contest?

Post by Surfingringo »

You missed it bud...sorry.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Lets see the pic though! :)
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Sorry man. It closed a while ago and the thread got locked. Let's see the pic!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

Man! I was really looking forward to this year. thought i might have a chance. Ill post the pic anyway. Let me set it up.
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

bearfacedkiller

Knivesinedc wrote:Man! I was really looking forward to this year. thought i might have a chance. Ill post the pic anyway. Let me set it up.
I thought I might have a chance too until the heavy hitters started submitting their entries. There were some great photos this year.

Here is the thread. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68142&hilit=calendar+contest" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
tap78

Post by tap78 »

I hope we'll see the results soon....
bearfacedkiller

tap78 wrote:I hope we'll see the results soon....
I bet you do! Great pic as always Tap! I don't know who is gonna win the cover but you should be in the running.
-Darby
tap78

Post by tap78 »

Thanks ;) It will be a great calendar...
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

tap78 wrote:Thanks ;) It will be a great calendar...
It will be with your pic in it Tap! That's an amazing shot! My pic looks so inferior compared to a lot of others now thatIve seen some of the entries. Good luck to all who entered!
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

It was kind of strange this year because the calender contest wasn't announced until sometime in July, IIRC. The deadline for entries was Sept. 9th, I believe. Man, I almost missed it too, but mostly due to my procrastinating ways. ;)

Nice pic too, by the way!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I missed it because I thought it ended on 9/30. Don't know where I got that from but I was working on polishing my Kiwi with plans of using it for pics. Oh well I've won two years in a row, no reason to be greedy lol.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I missed it because I take horrible pictures :o :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

Evil D wrote:I missed it because I thought it ended on 9/30. Don't know where I got that from but I was working on polishing my Kiwi with plans of using it for pics. Oh well I've won two years in a row, no reason to be greedy lol.
Two years in a row?

Might hire you next year to win it for me.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
Willamette

Post by Willamette »

On a similar but unrelated topic, there was a contest for photos of abused Spyderco knives and an offer to the winner to have it spruced back up by the Spyderco Crew. Did the results of the contest get posted somewhere? I lost the thread and was hoping to see the results of that one. I think the original thread was locked.
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

I sure am getting antsy waiting for the results of the contest! The suspense sure can be brutal.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

chuckd wrote:I sure am getting antsy waiting for the results of the contest! The suspense sure can be brutal.
Lol, the waiting can be painful indeed. We should have the results one week from today! Woot. :)

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

farnorthdan wrote:I missed it because I take horrible pictures :o :D
That's not true--I actually really like your pics (especially your hoard of Superblue models! ;))

Lobo.joe

Post by Lobo.joe »

I thought the results were supposed to be posted today?
Lobo.joe

:spyder: Manix 2, native, native 5, dragonfly g10, sage 2, sage 4, delica, endura, caly 3 Damascus, caly 3.5, nearly all para 2, CF military, techno, superleaf, tenacious