Full titanium pm2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
endgame

Full titanium pm2

Post by endgame »

Cmon sal this will be the perfect edc I dont care if its s30v you did it with the military what are u waiting for.I want the hardware titanium also I sweat in the kitchen so it all rusts if you make this I will sell all my other crap.I have seen the proto.I dont want another sprint run with super steel I want the rest titanium I dont care of the blade steel.cmon!!!!!!!!!
dubya3

Re: Full titanium pm2

Post by dubya3 »

It's going against everything the Para is but I'd love a matching CF/Ti frame lock S90V Para to go with the new military. A fluted titanium Para with compression lock would be sweet though.
Cory

Upgrading to a Ti ATR once I sell my stainless ATR :)

dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

Or even better, a smooth titanium anodized blue!
Cory

TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Fluted titanium para sounds good. Fluted titanium para in s90v sounds better. :)
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

You guys need to do a Google search for fluted Ti Paramilitary 2, we've had a few threads on it recently ;). Sal has stayed there's a fluted Ti PM2 in the works, and it's been spotted at various shows and the Amsterdam meet. This link will bring you to the eBay page of the "prototype" (most likely authentic but jury's still out). Cheers, Radioactive :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331321527892" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Some pics don't seem to work on my phone, but #3 on seem to work sporadically)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

Wow. I wasn't expecting a compression frame lock like the ATR, that's awesome. I think I'd still rather see a cf/ti frame lock Para, like the new military coming from KW. Either way this is great if it's real.
Cory

RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

That would be a super cool PM2 Cory! If they can machine the integral comp lock on that fluted Ti one, they should be able to do it to their normal Ti slabs certainly! I've never even dreamed of such a Ti/CF or Ti/G10 PM2, what a lovely vision! :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

oops
Last edited by bearfacedkiller on Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bearfacedkiller

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-Parami ... 7675.l2557" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sal said they had a proto in Golden but there hasn't been much talk about it since. :D
Last edited by bearfacedkiller on Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bearfacedkiller

double post

having problems posting from my phone :o
-Darby
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

I would absolutely love this! It took me a long time to be able to get a Ti Millie, but it is amazing!

I have a PM2, but tend to go with either my G10 or Ti Millie over the PM2. A Ti version would definitely get it in my pocket more.
dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:That would be a super cool PM2 Cory! If they can machine the integral comp lock on that fluted Ti one, they should be able to do it to their normal Ti slabs certainly! I've never even dreamed of such a Ti/CF or Ti/G10 PM2, what a lovely vision! :)
I'm not sure what I'd want more, I'd probably end up with both though lol. The full ti would satisfy my desire to own a titanium ATR and at a lesser price probably but the cf/ti s90v would be instant grail status.

I can't wait for the military cf/ti to be released and I've never even handled a military lol. I actually just bought my first one last night, cf s90v but the tip down always kept me away. I'm thinking if I had someone drill and tap the titanium slab oh the new millie for tip up carry it'd probably be my favorite. Ever.
Cory

sbaker345

Post by sbaker345 »

I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't like the fluted TI
dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

sbaker345 wrote:I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't like the fluted TI
Not really my cup of tea either, I prefer it over stepped though.
Cory

Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

dubya3 wrote:
Me three. I have the regular ti Millie and absolutely love it, but the fluted version never really resonated with me. We might be the only three though. :cool: Most folks seem to love the fluted version.
swigert

Post by swigert »

I'm a plain ti fan personally.
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

Surfingringo wrote:
dubya3 wrote:
Me three. I have the regular ti Millie and absolutely love it, but the fluted version never really resonated with me. We might be the only three though. :cool: Most folks seem to love the fluted version.
Nope, not just you three.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

Apparently I am the only one here who loves the fluted Millie. A flutes ti para 2 would be highly desirable as far as I am concerned!
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

An idea, what about a G10/Ti combo para 2 with an integrated Ti compression lock and a G10 scale on the other side. Theoretically possible I assume, but would to be desirable?
endgame

Post by endgame »

It would be the perfect edc I like flueted.all ti pm2 no need for another k ife imop