Spyderco Knock-offs, "Replicas"and Fakes

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
losinground

Re: Spyderco Knock-offs, "Replicas"and Fakes

Post by losinground »

I was at my local flea market today and a guy was selling fake PM2's for $100. He told me they were genuine but that threw a red flag immediately. They were obvious fakes and the quality wasn't good. He also was selling an Aus-8 Delica SS for $75.
losinground

Post by losinground »

losinground wrote:I was at my local flea market today and a guy was selling fake PM2's for $100. He told me they were genuine but that threw a red flag immediately. They were obvious fakes and the quality wasn't good. He also was selling an Aus-8 Delica SS for $75.

now he's selling them on craigslist. http://southjersey.craigslist.org/spo/4988689358.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He removed the post..
Lan

Post by Lan »

Hello everybody,
I'm not sure I'm in the right post, but I didn't dare opening one ! :o
First of all, sorry for my writing, I'm french. Your opinions mean a lot to me.
I'm very anxious about wether I bought a genuine Spyderco Manix 2 XL or not, and having hard nights ..
I was saving money for a good knife, had an aim on the Manix XL and then saw this bargain ( ? ) at around 75/80 dollars.
Timed to be my birthday the 20, hope it won't be one full of regrets...
From what I read here, I believed there are no fakes of this one, but now I doubt !
I haven't received it yet, should come within days, but as I asked for numerous pictures I can post somes. The man seemed honest, managed to find back ( ? ) the knife paybill ( got a picture too ), what scares me is : 1 the numerous spyderco fakes / 2 he is now selling another spyderco, could be a bargain too, could be not !!
Here are some pictures that I got :

I hope the size is not too big, but if I understand well some recent fakes are quite "well" imitated on the look, and only experience and details allow to spot them
I got other pictures, but I don't wanna post too much, just ask if needed...

Thanks a lot for your help :)
Lan
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Just ran across a Victorinox "Swiss Army Hunter" at BuyDig.com.

1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
MadMaximus

Post by MadMaximus »

Looked through the bay earlier today, did a search for "Spyderco Paramilitary" and holy cats was I blown away with the amount of fakes on there. Some at least looked somewhat slick, but others were waaaaaayyy off. I was actually shocked, I've seen a few fakes on there before but nothing like this. Not even trying to hide it.....dirt bags.
Top Five : :bug-red-white : PM2 Maxamet, Native 5 LW SPY27, Para 3 20CV, Military Cruwear, PM1 D2
proxy221

Post by proxy221 »

So I just bought a second manix 2 g10 because I love my original one but when I got it, it has this weird like non reflective almost matt grey blade finish instead of the normal satin can you guys help a spyderco newbie out and tell me if what's up.
larry_bo_berry

Post by larry_bo_berry »

If a mod sees this they can delete it if necessary. Otherwise it's a tool and shows closeups of some features of both versions maybe to help identify fakes

I just found pictures of the new packaging and closeups of it closed on the pointy end on their instagram, heard they are using a new polymer. The ebay seller said they are an authorized spiderco dealer and they buy directly from them.

It does flip faster and smoother. So I guess my assumptions got the best of me, I did own one that came in the old package and i think old polymer but that was around 5 years ago.

Original post

This is my first post, either I'm tripping out or this is fake, someone with a real one would know for sure. You can get a pretty good idea of my concerns. I compare it to my black "light" version that looks and feels much better, and it was 1/3 of the price. I haven't seen any fakes on google but maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough, not to buy one but to see if there are reports of them. I roughed up the handles on my black one for a better grip.

I'm pretty sure this is real if you didn't read the top and skipped to the pictures.

They have a new box and polymer
$_122.jpg
$_122.jpg (22.52 KiB) Viewed 10290 times
inside of the handles marked "china", only mold marks on the usa. The usa handles are also numbered 1 and 2.
$_122 (1).jpg
Logo #1.
$_122 (2).jpg
$_122 (2).jpg (18.75 KiB) Viewed 10290 times
Logo #2. The tip doesn't match the pen, its shiny like the handles, and it is more pointy than the china. There's a bur that is on their pictures on instagram on the usa on the tip.
$_122 (4).jpg
This is right out of the box, the mold marks are normal they are on their instagram. The clips are different too.
$_122 (3).jpg
$_122 (3).jpg (17.79 KiB) Viewed 10290 times
Snugglesthemonkey

Fake Matriarch 2?

Post by Snugglesthemonkey »

My kind brother bought me a Matriarch 2, however upon inspection I got suspicious.
On the Spyderco website the Emerson patent number is black, but on the knife I have it is gold. Seki-Japan is in gold as well.
Any idea if this is legitimate?
Thank you all.
IMG-20150921-WA0028.jpg
IMG-20150921-WA0024.jpg
IMG-20150921-WA0029.jpg
JasonC6612

Re: Fake Matriarch 2?

Post by JasonC6612 »

Snugglesthemonkey wrote:My kind brother bought me a Matriarch 2, however upon inspection I got suspicious.
On the Spyderco website the Emerson patent number is black, but on the knife I have it is gold. Seki-Japan is in gold as well.
Thank you all.
IMG-20150921-WA0028.jpg
IMG-20150921-WA0024.jpg
IMG-20150921-WA0029.jpg

Whoaa!! Never seen a Matriarch like that before with a patent number on it. If it works well and locks up great I'd still use the heck out of it. It's prettyfulllllll lol Honestly if that's a fake it's still awesome. Screwed up on the people who rip Spyderco though.
ヽ(•‿•)ノ
BronislovasLTU

Post by BronislovasLTU »

Fake Rubicon
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Create-h ... 72094.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fake Vallotton
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest-E ... 40286.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BronislovasLTU

Post by BronislovasLTU »

Fake Hungarian (not new fake, but i will post it here for education)
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-qua ... 13291.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fake Domino
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Qua ... 83372.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

A friend of mine has a Jaguar parts business. He told me that his aftermarket parts are the same as factory parts. According to him, when a manufacturer in China gets an order from Jaguar for say 20,000 brake pads, they let the production line continue to run additional thousands. Same with the companies that print the boxes. Not saying that is what is happening here, but...

How do these counterfeits compare to the originals?
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
PM1

Re: Fake Matriarch 2?

Post by PM1 »

Snugglesthemonkey wrote:My kind brother bought me a Matriarch 2, however upon inspection I got suspicious.
Thank you all.
The attachment IMG-20150921-WA0029.jpg is no longer available
I have the same knife, and I bought it from a 100% reliable Spyderco dealer (Warriors and Wonders in Vancouver). The writing on mine is also gold, so I believe yours is authentic. Here is a photo of my knife for you to compare:
Attachments
DSC01711.jpeg
SpyderSage2

Post by SpyderSage2 »

I know at least four people who have reported this guy and yet he is still able to sell. How is this possible?

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... ckAsSeller" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BronislovasLTU

Post by BronislovasLTU »

Ohg CRAP...!!! Now it comes Police SS C07. :mad: :(

Need to buy REAL Police and fast before fakes overtakes ebay...
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Baru-C07 ... 76432.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

On Ebay Germany I found:

Seller = hk-knives, China & Hong Kong

http://www.ebay.de/itm/NEU-Spyderco-C82 ... SwAKxWWHh8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ebay.de/itm/NEU-Spyderco-C82 ... 2011940096" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Spyderco-G10-Han ... SwhcJWNeNx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ebay.de/itm/NEU-Spyderco-C82 ... SwAKxWWHh8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Why aren't these Benchmade Griptilian knives knock-offs?
Don't they infringe on patents and stuff?

BronislovasLTU

Post by BronislovasLTU »

Fake Jot Singh Khalsa
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/free-del ... 13131.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fake LionSpy
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Spyderco ... 05390.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BronislovasLTU

Post by BronislovasLTU »

Fake Reverse
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 64677.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These Chinese copies really give me a cancer...
wlwillie

Post by wlwillie »

Can someone please explain this one. I'm very new to the spiders. With and without the spyder logo.