G10 Delica/Endura in Super Gold

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
elena86

G10 Delica/Endura in Super Gold

Post by elena86 »

Any news on these ? I remember Sal mentioned some issues with the steel.I am looking forward to a G10 Delica in Super Gold. :cool:
ManixFan

Re: G10 Delica/Endura in Super Gold

Post by ManixFan »

Ouch.....forgot about these ones...... :eek: I don't have a Delica or Endura yet as FRN (except the LtWts) is not my most favourite scale material :o ......but I was thinking of grabbing a G10 version of one of these to check out the Super Gold .......just too many interesting knives coming out of Spyderco and not enough $$$ to grab everything I want. :(
Estne Spyderco in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? :eek:
Google est amicus! :D
Spyder-Monkey

Post by Spyder-Monkey »

Super excited for a chance at a g10 Endura platform (The foliage green ones are proving elusive to me) Blue g10 and a new fancy steel? Count me in for two. Now if I could just find a green one..........
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

Bring on the stretch! :D
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
swigert

Post by swigert »

can't wait for this one!
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

It's going to be a long wait. The last I heard, lead time, minimum quantity and cost had placed SG out of reach. At least, that's what Sal posted on Bladeforums.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

[QUOTE=Sal Glesser;14923365]As mentioned, sales are often the decider in continued production. We're working on a G-10 Endura and Delica in blue that was planned for SG-2, but the cost and minimum quantity required for SG-2 blows it out of the market. Now we're discussing an alternate steel for the G-10 versions.

sal[/QUOTE]
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Sal Glesser;14923365 wrote:As mentioned, sales are often the decider in continued production. We're working on a G-10 Endura and Delica in blue that was planned for SG-2, but the cost and minimum quantity required for SG-2 blows it out of the market. Now we're discussing an alternate steel for the G-10 versions.

sal
Heck, I'm still excited--even with a different steel. :D I missed out on the last batch of G-10 Delicas/Enduras and I don't intend to miss out this time around. ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Sal Glesser;14923365 wrote:As mentioned, sales are often the decider in continued production. We're working on a G-10 Endura and Delica in blue that was planned for SG-2, but the cost and minimum quantity required for SG-2 blows it out of the market. Now we're discussing an alternate steel for the G-10 versions.

sal
What seems to be a bad news might turn into a good news.Forget Super Gold, let's talk ZDP189 ;)
Holland

Post by Holland »

That's dissapointing news... hopefully they pick an exciting steel and don't just use vg10 or ZDP. I won't be buying it if they choose to use vg10 or ZDP
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

The world loves Super Blue, give us more!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

I'd go for SB again! (actually missed out on the Endura last time so I still need one of those..)
Spyder-Monkey

Post by Spyder-Monkey »

CPM M4 Endura in blue G10 with a stonewashed deep carry clip would be folding knife perfection.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Spyder-Monkey wrote:CPM M4 Endura in blue G10 with a stonewashed deep carry clip would be folding knife perfection.
Japanese models use Japanese steels, exclusively. There is an M4 equivalent from the foundries there called XVC11, perhaps this could be tried finally.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote: Japanese models use Japanese steels, exclusively. There is an M4 equivalent from the foundries there called XVC11, perhaps this could be tried finally.
Yea, and it sounds like a fighter jet, so that's pretty cool too. Although, I personally was looking forward to a new stainless steel in Japanese models. I was actually planning a blade swap to have an FRN SG model, but I'll be interested to see what comes out.
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

Hopefully whatever new steel is used in a G10 Endura/Delica will also end up in a new G10 Stretch as well. M4 equivalent steel ......maybe a HAP40 G10 Stretch?

But would really be loving a nice dark (non Smurf) blue or dark green (KW) G10 version of a new Stretch.
Spyder-Monkey

Post by Spyder-Monkey »

Non-Clad HAP 40 or Superblue in G10 would be peachy as well
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

Whatever it is - I hope that it is non-clad. I love my CF Caly 3......but I dislike the easy surface scratching of the cladding.
I still have a NIB SB Stretch that I'm not sure I will be keeping. If some more unclad Super Blue shows up I might just send it on to a happier home after picking up an un-clad blade. I would have went for a SB Caly 3.5 ......but they are few and far between ......and then they are not cheap on the secondary market......and then I'd have to dye it since I don't like the look of dirty gray G10 after its been handled for a while.
Last edited by ManixFan on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holland

Post by Holland »

YES I would buy more than one if the delica comes out in XVC11!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

What exactly is Super Gold?? I can't find anything on it
Cory

Upgrading to a Ti ATR once I sell my stainless ATR :)