LONG overdue...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DAYWALKER

LONG overdue...

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha ALL,

I wanted to say thank you not only to Sal for doing the Lava Sprint run, but to the fans of the C110 Lava that pushed, prodded, begged, and pleaded Sal to do a Lava sprint run. Apparently there was enough "nagging" on our part, making it a feasible decision for Sal to actually do it...

My very first post here was a thread I wrote directed towards Sal, applauding him because he doesn't just hear us here, he listens. I also thanked him for that back then, and I am saying it again now: Thank you Sal.

Be safe all and mahalo much to you guys too! :cool:
Sequimite

Re: LONG overdue...

Post by Sequimite »

Yes, Spyderco listens.

I'll add my thanks for my campaign for dark green G-10 being rewarded by, among others, the Para 2 204P exclusive and the 2013 Forum Knife.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

aloha Sequimite,

Yeah...I remember when I first discovered this place I was just going through some threads and when I saw that Sal was actually making the time to get involved in them I was like, "Holy cr@p...he owns the place!" For me, that said a lot about the man behind the Spyder. :)
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Sup Chad?! Hope you're doing well my friend. Good to "see" you. :) I still have the AUS-8 Dfly I traded you a long long time ago. Any chance you still have the Scorpius?
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Donut

Post by Donut »

Congrats on the sprint, the Lava is an awesome design.

Now get to work on a Wharncliff version or just another design for Spyderco. :) I would love to see some other of your designs produced by Seki or even Taichung or Golden.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Love the Lava Sprint!

So, thank YOU for pushing, prodding, begging, and pleading for that one to get through! :D
And of course to Sal and crew for listening and following through!! :spyder:
It's probably my favorite LBK. Like my little mini hybrid of a Caly and a Kuhkri blade angle!

Going back to Caly.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Hi 'Chaddakin', good to see you posting again here! I loved the smurf G-10 Lava, it's a great little EDC folder. It small size and smurf blue color also makes it a crowd-pleaser to non-knife people.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-28-2024 Instagram
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

Good to see your name pop up again Chad. The Lava has a special place in my pocket, because it's the first knife my soon to be wife bought me. I'm kinda sad I missed out on that sprint model, because it combines one of my favorite designs, with my favorite color.

Count me in as one that would buy a pointier version. That would make a great design even greater. It would also replace the Boker Wharcom that my fiance swiped from me several years ago.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Congrats on the sprint Chad!!!!!...Doc:)
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

David Lowry wrote:Sup Chad?! Hope you're doing well my friend. Good to "see" you. :) I still have the AUS-8 Dfly I traded you a long long time ago. Any chance you still have the Scorpius?
Hey David,

Thanks bro, good to see you too. I may have the Scorpius still...stashed away if anything I hope. ;)

Be safe!
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Donut wrote:Congrats on the sprint, the Lava is an awesome design.

Now get to work on a Wharncliff version or just another design for Spyderco. :) I would love to see some other of your designs produced by Seki or even Taichung or Golden.
Aloha Donut,

Thanks for your kind words. As for doing another design with :spyder: ...not likely. With the likes of designers like Sal, Eric, my good knifebro DiAlex, Mr. Schempp...then ya got Laci and Janich...just to name a few, I am SO not in their league. :o

Mahallo though, and yeah...would love to see even a Byrd Lava with a longer Wharny blade. The initial design actually had a straight edge. ;)

Be safe!
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

SpeedHoles wrote:Love the Lava Sprint!

So, thank YOU for pushing, prodding, begging, and pleading for that one to get through! :D
And of course to Sal and crew for listening and following through!! :spyder:
It's probably my favorite LBK. Like my little mini hybrid of a Caly and a Kuhkri blade angle!

Aloha SpeedHoles,

And thank YOU for your kind words as well. However I honestly had no idea a Lava Sprint was even gonna happen! :o That being said, the thanks go to those who pushed, and to :spyder: for deeming it a feasible sprint! I am VERY happy you like the lil' bugger...uh...ah what the heck, pun intended! :D

Great pics BTW!!!

Be safe!
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Mr Blonde wrote:Hi 'Chaddakin', good to see you posting again here! I loved the smurf G-10 Lava, it's a great little EDC folder. It small size and smurf blue color also makes it a crowd-pleaser to non-knife people.
AloHallo Wouter!!! Great seeing you here too my ol' Knifebrother! I like the Sprint Lava also...absolutely appreciate the G-10, and yeah...that smurf blue makes the knife even "cuter" based on the reactions I have gotten. :p

Be safe and regards to the family!!!
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

StuntZombie wrote:Good to see your name pop up again Chad. The Lava has a special place in my pocket, because it's the first knife my soon to be wife bought me. I'm kinda sad I missed out on that sprint model, because it combines one of my favorite designs, with my favorite color.

Count me in as one that would buy a pointier version. That would make a great design even greater. It would also replace the Boker Wharcom that my fiance swiped from me several years ago.
Aloha StuntZombie,

Nice to "meet" you and I appreciate your kind words as well.

I was telling Donut about the initial design in that it did in fact have a straight edge on it...that would've been pretty wicked IMHO. LOL, your fiance swiped the Wharcom?!? Dude, she has great taste in knives!!! :p Sad though, that both the Lava and Wharcom are disco'ed...I can't believe the SubClaw got the axe too, but that's another story.

Thanks again and be safe!
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Congrats on the sprint Chad!!!!!...Doc:)
Ay Sifu...thank you! Remember what a crazy fun time that was when the C110 first came out? :D

Be safe Sifu