Dropping by and a "thanks again

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spydutch

Dropping by and a "thanks again

Post by spydutch »

Greetings you all :)

I've been away from here since 2009 or so because of financial setbacks, changing laws over here (isn't as bad after all) and Spyderco producing less and less models in full Spyderedge.

However I feel a bit disgraceful because form 2005-2009 I had a great time on this forum and made a lot of friends which gave me some great knives.
And all of a sudden I disappeared.
So first of all I would like to say thanks again Sal and Paul (Deacon)

Sal for The Militay and Paramilitay in fully serrated CPM D2 and Paul for the Caly and Kiwi :cool:

Just of yesterday I decided to carry my Ladybug 2/SE FG again and man I forgot what a little cutting demon it is. Put a simple lanyard on and it handles as a Delica (I have always loved Spyderco´s litlle big knives the most ;) '

I kinda missed this forum and I won''t say I will be here that often since I can't join you in buyng the latest modelsand all but I'm planning to drop buy on a regular basis.
For now I have a lot of catching up to do LOL :D
JD Spydo

Re: Dropping by and a "thanks again

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydutch ol Buddy like I said on the other thread I was just the other day playing with my ATS-55 full SE Stainless Rescuel I got from you back in 09 if my memory serves me well>> and Brother I'm truly eternally grateful for that bad boy. You are one of the very few of the Brethren that I've been able to convince how great of a model that the STainless Rescue model is in Full Spyderedge>> it's truly one of Spyderco's "ULTRA CLASSICS" hidden in plain view.

Arend I don't know if you're aware of the newer TUSK model if not then I hope you'll take a look at it. Because I truly believe that model will be a mega-beast if we can get Spyderco to cave in and make it available in full Spyderedge. The Captain model is so much like a Hawkbill in it's design intent and you and I both know how much more useful a Hawkbill is in full Spyderedge.

I'm so glad you made your way back to Spyderville because now more than ever the Spyderedge needs all of the testimony it can get. Again my friend I'm so glad you made your way back. JD :spyder: O
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

It's definitely good to hear from you. You were here before me (I started in '07), so you're still quite familiar. I remember the great shaving incident. :D So, you've been using plain edges since then? I'll bet that was a change in itself. I think you and JD are the SE kings.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Jazz wrote: I remember the great shaving incident. :D
Sounds painful, please tell us more :D
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
JBE

Post by JBE »

Hey, brother! Good to see you back on here again! Always wondered what happened to you.

I don't get on here myself much anymore, either, though I do still lurk from time to time.
JBE

Post by JBE »

Johnnie1801 wrote:
Jazz wrote: I remember the great shaving incident. :D
Sounds painful, please tell us more :D
IIRC, it involved shaving with a fully SE blade...
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

You do not have to be able to BUY the latest models to interact with all of the great people, here. Many have experienced some serious financial issues, so we can all understand. Its cool. Welcome back.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Hi Arend, I hope life is good to you!
From time to time I think back to the former threads ... e.g. Father & Son knives, and have a smile on my face.
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Johnnie1801 wrote:Sounds painful, please tell us more :D
http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtop ... ng#p446173" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- best wishes, Jazz.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I wasn't on here when you were last active, but welcome back, and thanks for setting the tone for the great forum we all enjoy now. The positive contributions of past members sent "ripples through the pond" that we're still riding today.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Nice to meet you, Spydutch! If you don't mind me asking, is there a traditional Netherlands folder knife or fixed blade knife that was or is traditional to the people there, kindof like the puukko is traditional to the people of Finland?
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Welcome back, you're certainly one of the veteran members whose pics drove me to collect certain models, in SE of course! Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

HI Spydutch, even though I've only been around a couple of years, your name is somehow familiar. Glad you'll be coming back from time to time. I wish more older members would stop by and tell us about the old days and more about the classic knives from those days. It would lift some of the responsility off JD's shoulders :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:Nice to meet you, Spydutch! If you don't mind me asking, is there a traditional Netherlands folder knife or fixed blade knife that was or is traditional to the people there, kindof like the puukko is traditional to the people of Finland?
Unfortunately we don't have a "real Dutch traditional" I believe in the south of Holland(Zeeland) there was/is a traditional fixed blade made over there called "het paernemes"( horse knife) but I didn't hear of it untill a week ago on the traditional section of Bladeforums.

I grew up with SAK's and, while living in the north, Herder Solingen Sodbusters. Those Sodbusters were the knives my Dad and Granddad carried. But these knives were German originally.
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

And thanx much you all for the warm welcome back :cool: :cool:
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hi spydutch,
Welcome back! You've been missed.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Good to see you back, Spydutch! It's always cool to see some of the old guard resurface. :) Hope to see you stick around! We'll catch you up on all the latest goodies. ;)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

spydutch wrote:And thanx much you all for the warm welcome back :cool: :cool:
OK that's all well and good Spydutch but you and I have work to do. Now more than ever we need more than one Ambassador of the SPYDEREDGE :cool: It's seems as though there is a very unsettling trend developing to either reduce or GOD Forbid!@! eliminate the SPYDEREDGE as we once knew it back when you and I both got our citizenship here at Spyderville.

Because AREND you and I both remember that when a superior model and especially those awesome collaborations like the Ayoob, JD Smith, Viele and Centofante C-50 were all just as easy to get in Spyderedge as they were available in PLAIN EDGE. We've even had a Hawkbill model introduced ( SUPERHAWK) that they didn't offer in Spyderedge :eek: This trend has got to be halted peacefully somehow.

My suggestion is an all out information campaign :cool: Let us Ambassadors of the Eternal Order Of The SPYDEREDGE be heard and seen and test driven>> yes I said test driven. Because I bet whereever Spyderco puts up their booth at any of these shows if they had a RESCUE, POLICE or some great model in full Spyderedge and let the public see how unbelievably good they go through cordage, leather, plastics and other fibrous materials these SE models would truly sell themselves.

So what does SPYDUTCH say about that?
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Good to see you back again Spydutch!
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 3-11-2024 Instagram
araneae

Post by araneae »

Hey Arend, good to see you around again. Look forward to hearing from you.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal