Which Spydie makes you happiest to use?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

Re: Which Spydie makes you happiest to use?

Post by JD Spydo »

I can't answer that with just one Spyderco model>> But first and foremost I absolutely love the C-44 Dyad>> it truly is the best of both Spyder Worlds with a PE & SE double bladed masterpiece folder.

But there is also something about my C-60 Ayoob models that I dearly love as well. I've got both PE & SE versions of the Ayoob model and they are just flat out super functional. Probably the one I feel the most regal carrying would be the JD Smith model.

But at home in the kitchen I love the Temperance 1 and the full SE Catcherman. Sorry there are just too many Spyders that I love to give you just one answer.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

There are two that seem to always end up in my pocket, Gayle Bradley folder and the PM2, both are just perfect for me.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

quoted myself instead of editing my post... :o
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

I love my Millie and get the KW models will put up a fight when they come out but for now it is all Sprint PM2 CTS 204P. Fits my hand well but mostly it is the fact somehow I stumbled across a combination with my SM that has it lightsaber sharp. It also seems to be holding this edge forever.

On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I still love the plain old Delica. After that, I really like the Caly3 and Dragonfly.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

Caly 3.5 zdp, Just so nice, light, good sized blade pretty close to perfect design. And Gayle Bradley when I need something stronger and just love the m4 steel, (not to say I don't love the ZDP189 though, just something about the m4 that does it for me right now).
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
IndianaSpider

Post by IndianaSpider »

To be honest, I love using my plain edge endura4 in vg-10. The knife fits my hand so well and I find the blade shape to be really useful. I like how maintenance free vg-10 is, and it holds a very sharp edge well. Happiness in the form of a knife. :)
Tyler
brick

Post by brick »

I have to say my ZDP-189 Dragonfly may be the "happiest" knife of my bunch. It has a great small-knife aesthetic thanks to its unimposing size and those distinctive "eyebrows" (for lack of better word, but you know what I'm talking about). I think I'd like it just as much in VG-10. But I can't help but be amazed at this steel. The little knife refuses to give up!
-Tim
npad69

Post by npad69 »

tho i mainly carry my delica4 (urban and casual) and black pacific salt (hiking, jogs and runs), the resilience is the least i use but i guess i should say i'm happiest when i'm using it.
i only use it primarily as a folding cook's knife when doing food prep and kitchen chores when i'm outside my home. a good friend of mine which is also an excellent cook shared his secret in the best way to make tasty delicious meals is that you need to be happy and enthusiastic when you're doing it and almost all the time he is right! so for me i need to be happy first in order for me to use my resilience instead of the other way around. don't know if this case qualifies but definitely 'happiness' is a requirement whenever i use my resilience :D (i hope i made sense)
Mgj48

Post by Mgj48 »

Stretch - my very favorite , PM 2 (non beach) & Pacific Salt ( beach and boat)
PWork

Post by PWork »

The Manbug, hands down. I can't really say why. :cool:
Paul
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

That's a good question! My answer would be, all of the Spydercos that belonged to my dad. I bought them all as gifts for him, and they all have a story :D
osprey

Post by osprey »

The way my SE Tasman zips through strapping, rope, cardboard, and other packaging makes me very happy. It is truly a thing of beauty.
Enkidude

Post by Enkidude »

Caly 3. Love the knife and it's my EDC so familiarity with the tool adds to the admiration.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Sorry, I can't narrow it down to just one. The answer would be the one I've got in my pocket right now.

Usually it's one I recently came to like and want, finally managed to get ahold of and carry pretty regularly for a few weeks or months -- most recent in this category: SuperLeaf, Nishijin R, D'Allara Rescue

At the same time there are the older ones that I'm favoring at any given time, currently CF S90V Manix2 XL, SB Endura4, FG D2 PM1, green Tenacious

And always the Caly's, M4 Manix2 and Cruwear Millie
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
danospydermano

Post by danospydermano »

That would be my Bushcraft UK, because that means I'm out hiking or camping in the hills or at the lake fishing and that makes me happy!
If carrying 2-is-1 and One-is-None...What is Five?
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Easy question, for me. CF Balance. It's such a great little knife. It's odd looking but beautiful in its way. I never even know it's there, but it always is and when I use it, it just makes me smile. It does most anything I need wonderfully.

Ken
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

Ergonomically/blade geometry wise I would say either the Yojimbo 2 or Manix 2 Cruwear. I went to a local knife shop to look at the PPT Sprint, but it was love at first touch when I was handed the Yojimbo 2. Cardboard boxes simply fall apart upon seeing the Yojimbo coming.

Sentimentally? Probably the Southard and Rubicon. They are my higher end Spydercos, and I doubt I'll have the disposable income for a full custom Southard or Carey anytime soon. Also the Rubicon was a Christmas present from my eldest brother, so that makes it pretty special to me.

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
Saxconnection

Post by Saxconnection »

This is a hard topic! I love showing off my SB stretch, makes me happy because most people I show it too aren't spyderco aficionados, nor for the most part knife guys in general. It gives them a great introduction to a great knife.

For my own satisfaction, my delica 4 in zdp-189 is one of my prizes. The smile in that comes from how crazy sharp I'm able to make it.

Adam
Adam

Currently looking for...Stretch C90PBLE......PM2 C81CFPE2...Custom Dragonfly Scales...and my holy grail, for now-C10PSGRE-Lost it at a shoot when I had to change out a flat tire. Haven't found a replacement.

Shoot straight, stay sharp!
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

Right now it is the green PM2, although my M4 Manix 2, Manix 2 XL and S110V Manix 2 are close behind.