PITS review

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
subwoofer

Re: PITS review

Post by subwoofer »

Another quick note. BB code works differently here than on all other forums I post on, for example, I use:

[CENTER]
[table][tr][th]
etc

None of which work here. There are alternatives on this forum, but it means a lot of work reformatting my master BB-Code review document and I don't have the time.

I will have to resort to simply posting a link of the review, as Sal has done in this thread.
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

subwoofer wrote:
I will have to resort to simply posting a link of the review, as Sal has done in this thread.
I hope if you do any future reviews of Spyderco products that you will post them here first :)
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
subwoofer

Post by subwoofer »

Johnnie1801 wrote:
subwoofer wrote:
I hope if you do any future reviews of Spyderco products that you will post them here first :)
Unfortunately unless the BB code format changes here, that won't happen. I always thought BB code was BB code, but obviously not. I have had to tweak the odd thing here and there from time to time, but checking the BB code library on here means I would have to change every single tag in my post, and there are a LOT of tags.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

subwoofer wrote:
Johnnie1801 wrote:
subwoofer wrote:
Unfortunately unless the BB code format changes here, that won't happen. I always thought BB code was BB code, but obviously not. I have had to tweak the odd thing here and there from time to time, but checking the BB code library on here means I would have to change every single tag in my post, and there are a LOT of tags.
If you use HTML and post them on your website and/or blog, it's not longer an issue.

Also, if you use plain text, it's not an issue.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
subwoofer

Post by subwoofer »

As I don't maintain a website currently or use a blog (as I try to direct all traffic to forums not away from them), HTML is not an option.

Formatting is important to me, as is the construction of tables and of course image links, so going plain text isn't of interest. I don't want to make a sows ear out of a silk purse.

Currently 90% of my reviews are flashlights, so the requirements of that are where my master formatting comes from.
kennethsime wrote: If you use HTML and post them on your website and/or blog, it's not longer an issue.

Also, if you use plain text, it's not an issue.
subwoofer

Post by subwoofer »

Oh, one other question, is 'Bladeforums' a bad word here? (the review is posted there as well as CPF which is why I'm asking) being new to Spyderco Forums I'm not sure of the etiquette relating to mentioning other forums or particularly specific ones.
subwoofer

Post by subwoofer »

OK, had a bit of time, so fixed most of the formatting issues, but couldn't fix the table at the end. Review now posted here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67502