Amsterdam Meet 2015 report of upcoming Spyderco prototypes

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spydieh0le

Re: Amsterdam Meet 2015 report of upcoming Spyderco prototypes

Post by spydieh0le »

I see the Taiwan factory is going into overdrive this year, this has me puuuumped!
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
LC Kid

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

The Lil' Temperance 2 might easily be the Best Ever version of the model. :)

It is even more robust than previous models, which were known precisely for their toughness. :cool:

And the Compression Lock is a mighty plus, no matter what. :spyder:

A true Workhorse Blade, but a pure breed one. :D
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

I need to see the Magnitude again... Need a new wallpaper :D
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

I WANT THE MAMBA! Oh dang. That is a very bold design, and I like it. A bit big but I must try that.
LC Kid

Above Awesomeness!!!

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

The Mamba is such an Epic Blade. Plain & Simple. :spyder:

Everything is just perfect. Overall design, continuity of the lines, balanced mass proportions, blade shape, handle shape, pocket clip.

I just can't find anything I don't like about it, and I can say that about very few blades. :rolleyes:

It's easily the most impressive blade design I've seen in a long time. :)

Now I'm officially Jonesing to handle this edge. :D

But no matter what, it'll be on my collection ASAP. :cool:
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

MacLaren wrote:
jmh58 wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
jmh58 wrote:So far for me its the GB2, LiL Lum.. :D John :)
So far for me John, its all of them :D :p
You got deeper pockets than me!! :D John :)
I wish....this is over a 10 year plan :)
I imagine here in about 12 months there's gonna be a whole new list of "must haves" that will wreak havoc on that 10 year plan. Hard to stay ahead of Sal and crew. :cool:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Surfingringo wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
jmh58 wrote:
MacLaren wrote: So far for me John, its all of them :D :p
You got deeper pockets than me!! :D John :)
I wish....this is over a 10 year plan :)
I imagine here in about 12 months there's gonna be a whole new list of "must haves" that will wreak havoc on that 10 year plan. Hard to stay ahead of Sal and crew. :cool:
Lol, I know right? :)
Things just keep getting better and better Lance ...
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

I love the Lil T 2 but do wish it green as a homage, although better chance of regular folks buying black, also I WISH the Lil T 2 was made in Golden. I am all over this knife like a hobo on a ham sandwich regardless
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

That Mamba is incredible!

Absolutely Beautiful!

Just having fun with the fonts :)

So far its the Ion and the Mamba for me. Both gorgeous and also not really overlapping in the carry circumstances. Ion for the office and Mamba for when :confused: .......whenever, I am feeling extra sexy. That knife just doesn't really need a reason.......just an absence of sheeple in the vicinity or I suppose the PC word would be "NKP". Or, maybe simultaneous carry each to be brought out in the appropriate audience. "Simultaneous carry" has a nice ring to it. ;)

But I will have to wait and see how each feel in hand. I got overly excited previously over the K2 just because of how great that one looked as well but when I held it in hand it just was plain uncomfortable due to the width and thinness of the handle. Too bad, aesthetically it was awesome. But with the contoured G10 these probably have a better chance at feeling great in hand I'm thinking.

Anybody who have held either the Ion or Mamba in hand recollect how it felt to them? Also whether they have small, medium or large sized hands would be nice info too. Thanks in advance......also thanks to "Hoimin" for posting the Ion dimensions earlier......I hadn't thought to look at Wouter's site for that info.
Last edited by ManixFan on Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Estne Spyderco in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? :eek:
Google est amicus! :D
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I don't know about the Mamba. On first impression, it looks a little like a fantasy wizard knife from a mall kiosk (though much higher quality). I'd really like to see it in person. Probably a lot better actually in hand. Maybe it'll grow on me?

I do like the Lil Temp 2 a lot!
:bug-red-white
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

The Brend looks awesome.

I am very interested in the Lil Temp 2. I was a giant fan of the original Temp, but found it became loose with side to side blade play with heavy use. I really hope this new one has a stronger frame/handle design.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

The Lil Temp 2 certainly has my attention. I really like the improvements made from the original. Just hoping for a color other than black G-10 for the scales. (Jade green, dark green, red, etc.)
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

The Mamba is over the top! What a nice knife!

My "must have" list so far:

1. Ion
2. GB2
3. Mamba
4. Lum

Wow my top 3 is all Taichung... must say they make awesome knives and can handle any design Spyderco throws at them :)
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

gbelleh wrote:I don't know about the Mamba. On first impression, it looks a little like a fantasy wizard knife from a mall kiosk (though much higher quality). I'd really like to see it in person. Probably a lot better actually in hand. Maybe it'll grow on me?

Now don't you talk about "My Precious" like that...... "Mr. I love FRN" :eek:
Just kidding! Absolutely kidding, you were actually one of the most gentlemanly in how you voiced your disagreement on that issue. Which I truly respected and appreciated. :)
(The SIG 226 is still far sexier than any Glock though :p )

But I can see where you are coming from when you put it in the way that you did. I still think that it is aggressively attractive in styling and I think a nice low dps wide mirror polished bevel would even make it more stunning due to the TiCN contrast....... but with a little more "styling" it could have easily drifted into the territory that you've described. When it comes down to it though, you will only really know when you have it in hand and can see it up close as well as how it feels to hold. Still praying for the Canadian dollar to go up before these drop.......knives are now costing me 30% more that they did when our dollar was at par :(

Still looking forward to your next video review.......always a fun time to watch. Cheers!
Last edited by ManixFan on Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

gbelleh wrote:I don't know about the Mamba. On first impression, it looks a little like a fantasy wizard knife from a mall kiosk (though much higher quality). I'd really like to see it in person. Probably a lot better actually in hand. Maybe it'll grow on me?

Maybe a little, but that thing is calling to my inner ninja...HARD! :D

Seriously, I think the design has a bit of that look but with enough class to pull it off. I like it and I'm usually the guy who tends to lean toward the utilitarian and mundane. Can't help myself though, this one is just a beauty. :)
Invective

Post by Invective »

Holy mother of ... I need the Mamba. More than any other knife, that is a thing of beauty. I have absolutely no use for it, but I will have it.

And the GB2 looks like a great user too. I love M4 and am always on the lookout for more tough users so once that one comes out I expect to be a poorer man
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

Surfingringo wrote:

Maybe a little, but that thing is calling to my inner ninja...HARD! :D

Seriously, I think the design has a bit of that look but with enough class to pull it off. I like it and I'm usually the guy who tends to lean toward the utilitarian and mundane. Can't help myself though, this one is just a beauty. :)
Cool.....we are in complete agreement on this one! But as I recall from your past postings.......you once were saying that opening a flipper made you feel a little self conscious ......almost like you were a magician performing a magic trick? Yes, I do read and enjoy most of your posts. :)

(Sorry if my memory on that post isn't what I am thinking - feel free to correct me, I don't want to be putting words into your mouth)

So is this the knife that finally makes you feel comfortable pulling rabbits out of a hat? ;) :D
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

The ergos on the Mamba were, to me, like a slightly more hand-filling Manix XL, which is to say: completely amazing. I imagine it would feel large in the pocket because of this, but it was a stunning specimen. I'm just really not sure where the heck I'd use the darn thing.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

I wonder if Sal could be begged into making a small run of the Lil T2 in green as an homage to us Spydergeeks? Like 200 or so?
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

twinboysdad wrote:I wonder if Sal could be begged into making a small run of the Lil T2 in green as an homage to us Spydergeeks? Like 200 or so?
I'd definitely prefer green.
:bug-red-white