Get Pumped for the PPT

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dgebler

Get Pumped for the PPT

Post by dgebler »

Has anyone seen any updates on the sprint blacked out PPT? I missed the first iteration and have been regretting this ever since. This has to be my most anticipated release for 2015!!! I can't wait to get my hands on one...anybody else?

Also, if any of you have the original and want to post some awesome pics, reviews or anything to get me even more excited that would be awesome too.
Sal...bring on the PPT!!!!!!
swigert

Re: Get Pumped for the PPT

Post by swigert »

I'm looking forward to this one also. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later.

For my work environment deep carry clips are ideal, that's a big win for me.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

PPT....PPT...PPT :D getting pumped for this one, my second most anticipated after the Schempp bowie, have the bowie ready for the PPT
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I have the original. I have carried it quite a bit. It's a nice knife, but I don't plan to get this sprint. Pics...

:bug-red-white
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

I'm stoked! Not exactly sure what I'm in for since I haven't handled the first one, but I'm definitely intrigued. That partially exposed linertia (almost a lockbar) is kind of cool and unique.

I'm starting to like the end mounted deep clip some of these collabs are coming with, like the Nilakka, and apparently this PPT! It doesn't seem to disrupt the in hand ergos as much as some of the aftermarket deep carry clips.
Going back to Caly.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

The clip is my major complaint about the PPT. That point is sharp. It can poke your hand and catch fabric, etc. But it could always be ground down if you want.
:bug-red-white
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

gbelleh wrote:The clip is my major complaint about the PPT. That point is sharp. It can poke your hand and catch fabric, etc. But it could always be ground down if you want.

Good feedback. Maybe similar to a Southard?
I'm sure it wouldn't be bad if ground down nicely.

I do have 2 couches that I regularly snag the material on, lol...
Going back to Caly.
dgebler

Post by dgebler »

Great pics gbelleh...that's what im talkin about.
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

Oh baaaaaaaaby! I've been waiting on this and the Schempp Bowie which I picked up as soon as it dropped. Taiching is on point as usual and I have high expectations for this sprint PPT! Count me in for sure! :D
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
swigert

Post by swigert »

spydieh0le wrote:Oh baaaaaaaaby! I've been waiting on this and the Schempp Bowie which I picked up as soon as it dropped. Taiching is on point as usual and I have high expectations for this sprint PPT! Count me in for sure! :D
Me too. I'm in.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Is it Sunday yet??? The wait is killing me for pics from A'dam.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Is it Sunday yet??? The wait is killing me for pics from A'dam.
True that!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:Is it Sunday yet??? The wait is killing me for pics from A'dam.
True that!
As soon as Sunday hits I am just going to be hitting the refresh button waiting for the thread. I know it will be epic! :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
762cal

Post by 762cal »

Yes the clip is sharp. I kind of prefer hourglass type of clip and i am thinking of modding my PPT... I have 2 sofas which got hole because of the clip
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

The Sprint PPT will be nice (especially with the DLC blade), but the only reason I passed on the original was the weight issue. :(